[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make rune system apply to individuals

BorgaBorga
Reactions: 1,065
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I suggest to make rune system something like papyrus skill in pixel event so that it only applies to individuals.
Benefits of it:

1.Players don't have to take care of other players leftover rune curse + rune buffs that's all over the place
2.Overall, map will be cleaner, and it will be easier to access them
3.Bots can't avoid it from swapping channels anymore

I also suggest to make it like the maple relay pop up UI. Small rune square UI pops up at the side of your screen when the time is up, and click to solve the problem it gives. Difference should be is that people shouldn't be able to close the UI before solving it.

The keypress also should be gone. Bots now solve it by randomly pressing the direction button, and those odd colors only gives features of being difficult to solve by players.
Easy replacement could be captcha, but if that's difficult, I only can add some weird suggestion.

One suggestion is to make rune pops up a window with random part of certain town bgm, and players have to answer which town is it. This should be easy once players get use to it, but bots will have difficulty answering it. It is also recommended to alter a bgm little bit each time randomly so bots can't match the sound to solve it. Of course while doing this, players should be invincible, and for the new players, some tutorial is recommended.

Second suggestion is to make rune pop up a random boss pattern. Like the Monster Buster on the pixel event, but add as many stuff as you can.
Example would be something like Lotus 1st phase laser beam, Crimson queen breath(at the middle of the map), Pierre hat drop, Vellum tail pop up, and Ranmaru minion summoning.
Something that will force you to move around or move in to certain position of the map, kill minion, mash <> key or anything that could mess up with those bots and give air out to the grinding people.
For the exp/meso players could lose while doing it, making those pattern also kill monsters in the field is recommended.

That's all I could think for now. Although, you get the idea. Please make rune more effective to bots, and make it more user friendly.
  1. Should they change the rune system?5 votes
    1. Make rune system apply to individuals / Change the problem it gives
       60% (3 votes)
    2. It's fine now. Leave it as it is.
       40% (2 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Bots don't solve it by random keypress, they just use programs that intercept packets to press the right keys for them.
    Suggestion one is awful, most people mute this game anyway so that's a really bad idea.
    Second two, so now we're punishing people for activating runes? Cool.

Changing runes to instanced is a fine idea, this even helps party play out a bit.
    But changing the arrows in the way you're suggesting is awful.
    Bots will ignore anything and everything that Nexon does to slow them down.
    Stop treating symptoms, go deeper and just make account creation harder.
  • BorgaBorga
    edited June 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Bots don't solve it by random keypress, they just use programs that intercept packets to press the right keys for them.
    Suggestion one is awful, most people mute this game anyway so that's a really bad idea.
    Second two, so now we're punishing people for activating runes? Cool.

Changing runes to instanced is a fine idea, this even helps party play out a bit.
    But changing the arrows in the way you're suggesting is awful.
    Bots will ignore anything and everything that Nexon does to slow them down.
    Stop treating symptoms, go deeper and just make account creation harder.

I'm suggesting a way because making account creation harder seems rather difficult for nexon. I do support on making account creation hard.

Although, I still don't get your comment on my suggestion. Even though I said it's weird suggestion, I personally think it will be quite effective to bots.
    About suggestion one, what do you mean by 'most people'? bgm is important feature in the game. People don't mute them, people enjoy them. That's why they're there. I've never seen a people who hates maplestory bgm at the same time plays the maplestory. It's also not a really bad idea because bots can't hear the music and determine which one is it, or rather it's going to be pain to program that way.

About suggestion two, how do you think it's punishing people? it's giving grinding people a break. Those pattern wouldn't kill them, it will just fail like keypress. As I've described, it will also clear the map for them, so they're not losing anything. I'm sure many people will have fun. Keypress is already a punishment if I say it like you did.
    It is also a effective way for a bots because bots can't dodge boss attacks.

Again, this is a suggestion on rune system. I personally think rune should be gone too if they can. If you have better easy solution for bots or rune, I hope you share them too.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    Just because you like having the ingame bgm unmuted doesn't mean everyone does. I leave it muted and listen to my own music most of the time. That suggestion is crap.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Borga wrote: »
    About suggestion one, what do you mean by 'most people'? bgm is important feature in the game. People don't mute them, people enjoy them.
    Ask around. You'll find that most people muted MapleStory's music a long time ago.
    For a normal game, maybe. But you're talking about listening to a 2 minute (if even) loop for hundreds if not thousands of hours.
    Trust me, most people mute the game.
    About suggestion two, how do you think it's punishing people? it's giving grinding people a break.

Most people don't want to mix up the gameplay during grind. They just want to be able to braindead.
    Players already complain about EBoss spawns, now you're saying you want to interrupt their grind even more with this?
    If you have better easy solution for bots or rune, I hope you share them too.
    I do, I already gave it.
    I'm suggesting a way because making account creation harder seems rather difficult for nexon. I do support on making account creation hard.

So instead of suggesting what needs to be done, you instead suggestion something that doesn't need to be done because... Nexon will care about this over the other issue?
  • BorgaBorga
    edited June 2020
    Okay you guys are weird. You say my suggestion is bad, and doesn't suggest any other.
    Do you think I haven't said to add something like phone verification to register? I have.
    <http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28131/make-boss-loots-drop-by-each-person#latest>;

Look through this forum. Do you guys seriously think nexon will add something like phone verification or social number registration to the game any soon? or ever? I don't think so.

Even if they will, I'm suggesting that, and this. I 'clearly' said "I only can add some weird suggestion." and I think it's weird too. However, they should be effective. Do you think bots can hear music? or dodge boss pattern? no.

If you guys want bots crashing every channel, meso price going down for another half year(or forever) and wait for the registration revamp, go ahead.
    But don't mock me down here without any solution. Give suggestion that might work. What other way you can suggest to block those bots without making registration hard? you haven't done that yet.

About the bgm people mutes? yeah they could. However, honestly it's their fault if there's a sound feature in the game that they want to mute. If maplestory adds a boss with attacks that require you to hear, what would you do? keep muting?
    Sound is the part of the game. You can't just say sound shouldn't do anything to the game because you mute it all out.
    If it's so horrible, tell me reason that makes sense. Not because "I mute them".

Just because you like having the ingame bgm muted doesn't mean nexon should avoid all they can to make you feel comfortable.

Also, I do hate rune system and I do see why people hate it. However isn't it necessary? in KMS where they use social security number for a registration, they still have macro issues. I also heard that they have pretty weird system that players hate it so much.
    Of course, they haven't done best to benefit players and block those macros, but they're trying something.

Nexon should work hard to block those macros, but if they're not, I want to suggest something. Don't just give a crap like 'make registration hard' that anyone can think of. Suggest something that might work if you want to make my suggestion so bad.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    But don't mock me down here without any solution. Give suggestion that might work.
    Suggest something that might work if you want to make my suggestion so bad
    It is not our job to defend your idea. That is your job. You are doing a poor job at that if all you can come up with is "Do this for me."
    You are not being "mocked" because we want your suggestion to be bad. Your suggestion is being "mocked" because we think it is bad.
    Learn to deal with criticism.

Some people do not want to hear music or sound while grinding, an activity that shouldn't require sound in the first place.
    If it's so horrible, tell me reason that makes sense. Not because "I mute them".
    Because you are taking a current option that players have and removing it. Did you even consider deaf people?

You are removing options that players have and making their grind harder, simply to combat bots.
    This isn't something that usually goes over well with players. That is why it's "So horrible."
    Come up with a different reason other than "To combat bots" that this should be added.

The rune idea is less horrible, but we already basically have exactly what you've suggested in the form of the elite champions.
    I have never see anyone complain about the rune system outside of the arrow keys.
    Though I'm willing to have my mind changed on why your suggested system is better, you need to make better arguments.
  • BorgaBorga
    edited June 2020
    I guess awful, really bad, craps, cool job is a way to tell people that you think it's bad. Nice job on that. Really nice criticism :) I appreciate.

You do realize that you sounded bad from the start right? if you were to criticize me with those words, you should have other suggestion because you talked like I'm stupid.

"Did you even consider deaf people?" Yeah you're right. Considering deaf people, it was a bad idea. Not because people can't handle hearing music for 5 second.

Leaving players option way they are is more valuable for you than removing those bots right? We shouldn't do anything to stop them that leaves some works to players.

...That doesn't sound good to me. I want bots gone even if it leaves me some works to do.

Look, I wasn't ordering you guys about why don't you support my weird suggestion. I was arguing because like I've said, you're criticism was bad from the start, and "We don't want to hear music", "Don't punish people", "Players don't want anything to disturb their grinding time" is not a proper answer to criticize me that hard.