[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't login after maintenance

new2msnew2ms
Reactions: 910
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: crash, functionality

Brief bug summary: Patched for the RISE event update, disconnected, can't go past channel selection now.

More details:
When I first got into character selection screen, I created a Hoyoung character (didn't choose this to be burning) and after the cutscenes, I disconnected and was forced to close maple. I reopened maple and when I selected a channel, an error message appears. This message usually goes away once I restart maple but this time it's always showing up every time I try to select a channel. It seems I'm able to enter any other world except Aurora (even after several restarts).

Steps to reproduce:
1. Patch Maplestory for the new RISE event update
2. Create a Hoyoung character (select no when asked for burning)
3. Go through the introduction cutscenes
4. Get disconnected and try to go back into character selection

Character name: SevenAdele

Character level: 10

Character job: Hoyoung

World name: Aurora

Date and time of the incident: 4:30 PM PDT

Comments

• MipanyuMipanyu
    Reactions: 560
    edited June 2020
    According to the subreddit, there are a lot of people unable to log in through Aurora but they can with any other servers. I also can't log in.

I downloaded the patch, entered the game, try to log in through Aurora and pop up goes "have trouble logging in? Visit nexon website for support yadayada".
    new2ms
  • sushi1000sushi1000
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2020
    Not sure why, but Aurora server is the only one that's down currently
  • new2msnew2ms
    Reactions: 910
    edited June 2020
    sushi1000 wrote: »
    Not sure why, but Aurora server is the only one that's down currently

You're right, it seems that the server status shows that only Aurora channels are down
  • DuckWaddlerDuckWaddler
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited June 2020
    Cannot log on to Aurora either.
  • ElmTheSoullessoneElmTheSoullessone
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2020
    I can't even pass the white loading screen, it disconnects every time.
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2020
    After installing the update, can't login to Bera with the comment
    "the concurrent users in this world have reached the max, please try again later"
    ?
  • gathergather
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited June 2020
    Flowerdew wrote: »
    After installing the update, can't login with the comment
    "the concurrent users in this world have reached the max, please try again later"
    ?

If you mean Bera then yes. Tried 3-4 times and it came up with that message.
    edited June 2020
    isnt weird they have not announced a maintenance yet? , no matter what i do i cant even get to the world screen
  • Kakahatakeo0Kakahatakeo0
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2020
    Scania is also down
    edited June 2020
    They are deploying a hotfix server side but i have no clue about the timing, it is june 10 and they are mentioning june 11 so i have no clue at what time that will be
  • EliteSlayerzEliteSlayerz
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2020
    Scania was down, just tried re logging and was in the middle of fighting hellux and then got dced. Re loaded without restarting the game, typed in chat, and then the program force quit on itself. No idea whats going on.
  • BassfreekBassfreek
    Just wanted to pitch in and say that I am experiencing the same thing with Aurora. I had the thought that if more people report on experiencing this then they will be more motivated about fixing whatever is causing this issue.
  • pinkeyhyopinkeyhyo
    Reactions: 100
    Oh... all are going through the same situation. I don't know even how long will it be take.
  • DunceBagginsDunceBaggins
    Aurora is completely down, all other servers work.
  • piwinpiwin
    I am having the same issue. This is only happening for Aurora.
  • IErickIErick
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2020
    I got a similar problem, when I need to connect with my main character a box message appears "have trouble logging in? Visit nexon website for support..." and I need to restart the game again because if I go to back the game DC me, but if I select others characters in the same server (Scania) I can enter.
    The problem is just with my main character, the last map where i was before the game crash all Scania members is Esfera (Arcane River)

Character name: PhantómThief

Character level: 240

Character job: Phantom

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: 9:30 PM EDT