[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory on XOS (Mac - Apple)

YacyYacy
Reactions: 1,565
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hellu :)

I am currently on a MacBook Pro. I play MapleStory using Windows 10 via bootcamp. It's all good, no problem, but I would like MapleStory to be 100% compatible with XOS like some big games, as LeagueOfLegend for example. So I could do stuffs I usually do in my Mac's partition and open MapleStory at the same time.

I am sure you guys already think about it since all this time. So if you guys deffinitely chose to abort the idea, whatever the raison is, like the trouble of getting people who knows how to code in XOS, or to change the huge game's code, could you please let me know in this forum please ? Also, if you guys didn't abort the idea, could I get informed about what's up actually please ?

Thx chu

P.S.: sry for my english, french peeps here.

EDIT: Parallels* and not ''Paraelle''
  1. If you own a Mac : Would you like MS to be playable without Paraelle or Bootcamp ?11 votes
    1. Yes
       91% (10 votes)
    2. No
       9% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    They haven't even gotten it to run right on Windows yet.
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    You could always run it with Wine. Makes things a whole lot easier then whatever you are doing.
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

They haven't even gotten it to run right on Windows yet.
    lmao

• YacyYacy
    edited November 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

You could always run it with Wine. Makes things a whole lot easier then whatever you are doing.
    Hello. What's ''Wine'' ? Is it some programme to run Windows' apps on Mac or something ?

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    They're not going to make an OSX-native client. There isn't a large enough portion of players running it to make it worth the time.

Here are some threads on the matter from the old forums:

There might be more, but honestly it's after 2 in the morning for me, and I don't really care enough to dig deeply into the mess that is the old forums.
    Yacy
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Yacy
    Yacy said:

Gimo
    Gimo said:

Hello. What's ''Wine'' ? Is it some programme to run Windows' apps on Mac or something ?

yes, that's exactly what it is.

Maplestory uses Windows only resources to run the client, and I dont think they will rebuild/ recode the client and game just to make it compatible with mac.

The last time I used WIne (years ago) it suffered from visual lag and input lag with whatever game I was using it for on a friends mac laptop, so you might be better off with your current setup, but I havnt used WIne in years (cause I haven't needed to)
    Yacy
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    Hello

This isn't a priority, I understand why you would want this to happen though.
    Lilyflower