[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fake Botter [Warning]

AlantinoAlantino
Reactions: 990
edited June 2020 in General Chat
A guild member I know just got scammed by 150$.

There's a fake chinese botter in Henesys spamming his mesos sale site 24/7, for some reason he didn't get ban at all and it's been 2 weeks since he showed up...

I told that guild member it's illegal to buy mesos from those sites in general, but he didn't listen to me, but I also don't get it....
Why a GM can't just show up and perm ban him? don't you think it should take about 30 seconds? and even if the fake chinese botter do make a new account everyday.... can't a GM spend 30 seconds a day for us? for the game? for the sake of us? the maplers...?

1 More thing Nexon, please fix the "Blacklist" option! we can't blacklist anyone! and our guild is in henesys and we can't really make conversations due to the fake botter spams.

Comments

• ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    Then why don't you just go to vanishing journey where there is no botters...or even better change channels! That's your simplest solution right there!
    WONDERGUY
  • AlantinoAlantino
    edited June 2020
    Then why don't you just go to vanishing journey where there is no botters...or even better change channels! That's your simplest solution right there!

why the innonce maplers need to suffer and move on to somewhere else? henesys, just like any other map should be clean without botters.
    what is that fake botter doing is against the rules, he's using hacks in order to spam and he must get perm ban for doing this.
    BlasterMaster
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    Buying mesos from those sites is also against the rules so uh...
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    I didn't say it was ok, just that was the simplest solution because apparently Nexon won't do anything about it, sometimes we need to take action ourselves. Right?
    So in going to an area that is 200+ the botters won't (or should I say shouldn't) be able to get there.
    Trying to stay positive here...
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited June 2020
    I didn't say it was ok, just that was the simplest solution because apparently Nexon won't do anything about it, sometimes we need to take action ourselves. Right?
    So in going to an area that is 200+ the botters won't (or should I say shouldn't) be able to get there.

trying to stay positive won't change the cruel reality of botters harming the legitimate players, henesys is a chill place and should stay that way without botters nor phony botters
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2020
    Alantino wrote: »

There's a fake chinese botter in Henesys spamming his mesos sale site 24/7, for some reason he didn't get ban at all and it's been 2 weeks since he showed up...

I told that guild member it's illegal to buy mesos from those sites in general, but he didn't listen to me, but I also don't get it....
    Why a GM can't just show up and perm ban him? don't you think it should take about 30 seconds? and even if the fake chinese botter do make a new account everyday.... can't a GM spend 30 seconds a day for us? for the game? for the sake of us? the maplers...?

1 More thing Nexon, please fix the "Blacklist" option! we can't blacklist anyone! and our guild is in henesys and we can't really make conversations due to the fake botter spams.

I see your concern but the thing is if it was a problem they would have already fixed it. Why hasn't it been fixed?

Cause as of today and before it was never an issue, when they realize something an issue they will fix it. ;)
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited June 2020
    what are you trying to say with Fake Botter [Warning]?
    its not the bot problems as much as the one who dont listen and buy-support bots
    your guild member didnt just get scam,your member supported for more bots to come next week
    if you read and follow the rules you wont get scam,once you or your friend breaks them you cant come and complain whats fair and what not

do you really think that GM will come to your friend and be like : sorry that you got scam while in a ilegal trade here its your refund and a bebe box compesation ?...
    if there was nexon or active GM to care like back in the days your friend and that bot would face the ban hammers by now
    also this thread removed,locked or ban-warrning to stop all other who try to make good or fake botters out there

if you are ignorant and continue break the rules then you are on your own with the consequences
    Football5 wrote: »

trying to stay positive won't change the cruel reality of botters harming the legitimate players, henesys is a chill place and should stay that way without botters nor phony botters

i pass by hundred bots each week how i dont get scammed?
    legitimate players dont buy meso or deal with bots and there is noway to get harm if you simply avoid them

STOP BUY MESO-GEAR FROM BOTS IF YOU STILL CARE FOR MAPLESTORY (GMS) YOU ARE NOT SMARTER THEN OTHER, THE MORE MESO ITEMS YOU BUY THE MORE BOTS WE SEE = GMS GETS WORSE FOR ALL

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2020
    Alantino wrote: »

if it was in bera then that guy prob going strong with the scams again lol. I say before you trade people first follow tos as you cant break rules also do your research on people everyone and anyone at least in bera is documented and vouched.

I can just say that the best way to trade is to do it within rules and ask around don't trade someone saying smegas or stuff in towns as your bound to get robbed.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited June 2020
    You should have really known better than to buy mesos from a third party source.

ANYONE who sells them like that is a scammer.
    WONDERGUY
  • AlantinoAlantino
    edited June 2020
    You should have really known better than to buy mesos from a third party source.

ANYONE who sells them like that is a scammer.

I don't care about that guild member of mine who got scammed, I warned him, that's his own fault, but that's not the point.

The point is that that fake botter is spamming and annoying every single person in henesys, there are about 40 people in henesys, why do we have to suffer cause of 1 person?