[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory and the Rise Updates

DefectiveBlueDefectiveBlue
Reactions: 1,060
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Previously I made a discussion highlighting some of the things I personally felt very frustrated with and, I am happy to see Nexon having delivered a lot of improvements to the game. The event shop now makes a lot more sense that it's going by phases rather than having me stay on longer than id personally like to just to "Rank up" just to be able to purchase other items. I also believe the fountain and stamp functions of the Rise events are also well thought on Nexon's part for offering a bunch of variations on the items people can get. They left stuff for the pros, the people who just want to collect chairs, or people looking to augment their inner potentials and increase their traits. I also see that increasing the channels during the summer to help with the lag/disconnecting for people was a very thoughtful thing for Nexon to do as well as adding an easy mode for lucid. I rather like all of the thought that went into the whole update with Rise and hope Nexon stays on this trend. Thank you for the wonderful update guys!
Cannonizedarik

Comments

• EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2020
    It's nice to give them praise for the things they did right, but that shouldn't also detract from the terrible, backwards things they're doing with the complete gutting of Beast Tamer and the destruction of Kishin as "balances that make the game more healthy".
  • CannonizeCannonize
    Reactions: 605
    edited June 2020
    I'm happy with how they deal with event coins - we no longer have to pick them up, and the "coin power" is gone. It was an unnecessary rubbish feature. I also observed better stability of the game, because I don't lag and dc so frequently as before the Rise Update. The game is playable and enjoyable, I could play for the first time without any dc! Thank you, Nexon and I look forward to playing Adele!
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Eikahe wrote: »
    It's nice to give them praise for the things they did right, but that shouldn't also detract from the terrible, backwards things they're doing with the complete gutting of Beast Tamer and the destruction of Kishin as "balances that make the game more healthy".

There are a million other threads for that though. Use them instead. It doesn't "detract from the terrible" but rather shows Nexon we're capable of more than just bashing them non-stop.
    How can Nexon know what it's done right if players never let them know?
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2020
    Nah ez lucid is pretty meh. Honestly, what's the point of ez lucid? Sure, it fills a giant gap between n lomien and n lucid, but to what? The fun of doing bosses comes from experiencing new patterns, learning how to avoid and dps and etc. You learn patterns in ez lucid, and when u try n lucid after getting stronger, it's gonna be repetition of the same pattern. And it's not like ez lucid has good rewards. I honestly would've liked a revamped boss to fill the gap between lomien and lucid, like CPAP filling the gap between cvel and lomien. Hell, they are sitting on OG boss Balrog that they can revamp to give more interesting pattern for years and years.
  • EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Eikahe wrote: »

There are a million other threads for that though. Use them instead. It doesn't "detract from the terrible" but rather shows Nexon we're capable of more than just bashing them non-stop.
    How can Nexon know what it's done right if players never let them know?

Maybe my response was a bit knee-jerk, but it was mostly in response to
    I rather like all of the thought that went into the whole update with Rise and hope Nexon stays on this trend.

To me, it came off a little too blanket-y, if that makes sense. Like the negatives don't really exist and they 100% did a perfect job. There are plenty of other threads, sure, but a lot of them are just... incoherent blithering which dilutes the legitimate arguments people have. I figure there should be a mix of both reasonable good and reasonable bad. Like... I absolutely agree that the new digital coins are vastly better than looting them. The weird hybrid loot-dropping and UI events have thankfully gone right into the dumpster where they belong and having fun effects that are incorporated into coin capping helps a lot.
    Fuhreak