[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How To Fix The Kishin Situation [Reboot-Focused]

DarkanomalyDarkanomaly
Reactions: 650
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, hope everyone's doing alright with covid-19 and all that. [Long Post Ahead. Sorry]

---Rise Update---

I was given the motivation to post this due to the seemingly very backwards kishin changes this patch.
They hardly aleviate the 2 pc meta, in fact, once the kanna mule can stand in mobs with blackhearted curse (if the name changed, bubble skill around kanna which does damage periodically) nightghost guide will apply, extending the duration.

The issue comes with funded kannas, specifically arcana farmers, and their previously desired ability to one shot the mobs with all skills. Since nightghost needs a living target, if you one shot, it's very hard to apply. Not only does one shotting make it harder to apply and thus, effectively reduce kishin up time, Tengu strike, Spirit's Domain, Ghost Yaksha Boss and Soul Bomb are known to not apply it (??? why?). As well as shikigami haunting and Exorcist's charm not applying it if cast while airborne (???). This change does effectively the opposite of what it was intended, which I believed to be, to nerf 2nd pc kannas (even though this is a horrible approach in the first place)

---Same Old Kish Changes Opinion---

This is literally just me saying what a LOT of people have been saying on probably the best way to fix the kishin problem:
Option 1:
1) Revert the slight previous patch nerf.
2) Create a V Node (Similar to how the whole bishop 2nd pc meta thing was resolved with Decent holy symbol being a V Node) .
3) Water it down slightly from the real skill, instead of 50% spawn 50% cap, maybe 40%40% (Even 30%/30% is fine honestly for something so fundemental it necessitates the use of 2 computers to play 1 game efficiently).

OR

Option 2:
1) Remove kishin's ability to increase spawn rates/decrease respawn timers (This literally instantly kills kanna 2 pc meta for farming. Sure, some people may still try to boss and other things my peasant self is unaware of, but that's really not the issue here).
2) Increase map spawns, across the entire game to reflect kishin's current map effect (If everyone has kishin, no one needs kishin).

OR

Option 3:
1) Decrease star force costs
2) Decrease Cube costs

Note on Option 3: This reduces the amount of raw hours needed to progess. Look, I actually like the grinding aspect of maplestory, where in order to level up it takes like a few hours post level 250+, that's fine, gear progression however shouldn't feel like i just burned 8 hours to see "Fail" 6 or 7 times and that's all the chances I get (Ontop of the chance of the gear literally just going poof [booming]).

---Thoughts---

I don't work for nexon, so I obviously am not aware of any internal data they have that seems to be prolonging the whole kishin shoukan fiasco. But please, consider the above changes and at least MENTION them in the maple memos.

The reason I'm saying this is because even though we have seen more memos in comparison to before (Which I appreciate greatly, not downplaying the commitment that has been made to be more transparent), it feels like a brick wall is talking. You know when someone is explaining something and you get confused and you try to get them to clarify but they keep on talking as if you don't exist? And at the end they ask "Any questions?" and you raise your hand and it's like they can't see you? (Not projecting here, just using a stereotypical example everyone has probably seen in some movie) Yeah, feels something like that. The amount of players bringing up this issue but it's always shrugged off like it isn't a disease which desperately needs a cure (See what I did there? covid-19, cure? You can proceed to downvote). And when something actually is changed, half the time we get no reasoning behind it like the current rise update changes and are left extremely confused as to why anyone would ever let those changes through.

I know this post has about the same chance of making a difference as 24 star equips have at tiering up to 25 star (Haha low chance get it? please don't hurt me) and that this will more than likely be drowned by all other posts about the same issue and it will probably fall on deaf ears, I could go on but you get the idea.

And if it's about fury totems, I can understand the need to cater to players who spent money to speed up their progress. But is it such a problem to at least make these changes to reboot? Will it really kill the non-reboot worlds? Are those worlds worth enough to justify the stiffling of an amazing idea and server in maplestory? What will it take to make such a simple change?

Just a foot note, If anything I said was incorrect/erroneous, please feel free to correct me, I don't intend to seem like I know everything and am simply just voicing my continued disappointment with the handling of the kishin situation.
Also, I harbor no hate or ill will for anyone at nexon, it's just hard seeing such a great game slowly detach itself from its players.

If you made it to the bottom thanks for reading my garbage, hope you have a great day.

Happy Mapling!

zmint

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2020
    Revert to option 1
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    Remove it and increase global base spawns to compensate.
    Argent
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited June 2020
    We really just need global spawn rates increased, I know nexon will say " muh server stability more spawn rate is more strain and that means more lag! " but when kishin was glitched for a week or two last year and stayed permanently on maps, I encountered 0 lag whenever I played, So I'm assuming more monsters don't lag the game but more players do, and 2PC means more players which means more lag, so global spawn increase, no more 2PC meta, less players, less lag, but that's just my theory.
  • DarkanomalyDarkanomaly
    edited June 2020
    We really just need global spawn rates increased, I know nexon will say " muh server stability more spawn rate is more strain and that means more lag! " but when kishin was glitched for a week or two last year and stayed permanently on maps, I encountered 0 lag whenever I played, So I'm assuming more monsters don't lag the game but more players do, and 2PC means more players which means more lag, so global spawn increase, no more 2PC meta, less players, less lag, but that's just my theory.

Ah, thanks for bringing that up. I totally forgot about that and it's a good point. I was farming in lachelein during that entire period and experienced 0 lag as well.
  • KevinZamoraKevinZamora
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2020
    these changes cannot be reversed .. and the ideas .. here on this page are not taken into account .. unfortunate but the last decisions and changes (they would have to count huge ..) have only removed many players from the game .. The servers are not full ... they are full of bots and hackers, bugs .dcs ... the changes to intradesible cubes and more ... reboot was losing more with these latest changes and also the regulators, perhaps if a new one arrives producer instead of anna, yes, anna met nerf to kanna, but not to improve the game in the stability that it offered in the memos ... the hackers and now 3pc meta .. are laughing at all this
  • EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2020
    It doesn't have to be irreversible, though. Nexon simply has to listen to us for a change. If we're talking even a Reboot-only fix, they could give Wild Totem the Hyper Teleport Rock treatment - make it last for 1, 3, or 7 days at the cost of meso. Boom, fixed your game.

That doesn't help main servers, however, so making Kishin a link skill or V Node would have a much more broad fix that affects both Reboot and non-Reboot servers.

EDIT: Hell, if they do THAT, they could remove the spawn rate increase from Kishin entirely and just let people buy Wild Totems instead. No one would bat an eye at that in Reboot and people wouldn't need to have two accounts as well to do that.
  • DarkanomalyDarkanomaly
    edited June 2020
    these changes cannot be reversed .. and the ideas .. here on this page are not taken into account .. unfortunate but the last decisions and changes (they would have to count huge ..) have only removed many players from the game .. The servers are not full ... they are full of bots and hackers, bugs .dcs ... the changes to intradesible cubes and more ... reboot was losing more with these latest changes and also the regulators, perhaps if a new one arrives producer instead of anna, yes, anna met nerf to kanna, but not to improve the game in the stability that it offered in the memos ... the hackers and now 3pc meta .. are laughing at all this

Hmm, mind explaining what you mean by these changes are irreversable? I feel like the issue is, as far as I can recall, GMS no longer has actual developers on the team (correct me if i'm wrong here but I'm pretty sure a few years a go I heard something along those lines. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, I don't want to spread false information) and rely solely on KMS for all updates.

Botting will probably always be a problem due to KMS not really having that much of an issue with accounts requiring them to use their ID numbers, and so we will probably never have a concrete fix to the problem.

And as for the comment on Anna wanting to nerf kanna, I'd like to believe it's not her that is hellbent on making reboot as painful as possible. This has been an ongoing problem due to a lack of engagement with the maplestory team and the GMS playerbase. We literally have reddit threads spanning years back complaining on this issue. Ontop of these very forums with my post, and so many other mapler's posts just being blatantly ignored. Nobody really knows why they won't make such a simple change. They won't say why either. We literally don't even get a reason on why these changes happened.

I don't care who does it, whether it's Anna or someone else, I just want someone to communicate directly to the community and explain why they need to keep doing these mind boggling changes to kishin (and not "server stability". Give proof of this claim or stop using it. We had an entire week of increased spawns from glitched kishin that caused me and many many other players 0 lag, in fact, the lag improved) when they literally solved the problem before. It's like a builder being told to build THE EXACT SAME WALL but paint it red instead of blue, and he says he can't do it. The problem has already been solved, it's just reskinned (Holy symbol node).

Sorry if this reply seemed heated, I'm just tired of such a nice game being run into the ground over the years.
    zmint