[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Starting a new main

OR0CHIOR0CHI
Reactions: 500
edited June 2020 in General Chat
So I main a hayato right now and i progressed pretty well in the past 7 months or so. I like the class a lot but I like shade even more (so much smoother). when i started my hayato i had a lot more free time available, and my end goal with how much time i have on average is to solo lomien (my legion and links are kinda low sitting at around ~700 legion) How does solo progression look now with the new gollux revamp and all? do I just cube boss or alien set? how far could i progress without sup gollux set?i really love shade but the idea of starting basically from the beginning all over again is kind of daunting. I know this is a very subjective topic but if there is anyone out there who switched mains kind of late (im not actually end game or anything, but i do have full cra, sup gollux, and some abso with event rings), what was it like leaving a char that you invested a lot into and starting over? Do you think its worth it?

Comments

• ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    I would say do what makes you happy. Invest some in the shade but keep everything on your main in case you want to switch back. Easy :)
    I have mailed a Bishop for years and years last time they had the tera burning event made a Kanna and got to 220 I upgraded my equips on the bishop and used the old ones for my Kanna. It's called second main :) I like both hayato and shade but I need to get the hayato to 200 yet. The shade I already did. They are smooth and the skills are really different. Alot of people hate on them but they just haven't given them a chance ya know?
    Hope this helps. :)
  • OR0CHIOR0CHI
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2020
    thanks for the comment. I forgot to mention however that im on reboot so i cant switch over anything anyway lol. But ya i was considering keeping both but eventually i want to focus all my efforts on just one, and in this case i like shade more. maybe i can make the hayato into the second main eventually lol
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    Oh oops I just assumed you were in a regular server. In any case you can have as many mains as your little heart desires :-) have fun!