[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please do something with kanna and hayato

Leonana69Leonana69
Reactions: 405
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Today I see that kanna can really solo hard lucid in reboot, while hayato still can't solo it in other servers.
How can Nexon say "we are working on the balance for those jobs"?

Comments

• AkiroAkiro
    Reactions: 860
    edited June 2020
    I main kanna while my brother mains hayato. We've been playing these two classes since they came out. I used to be on par with him, but after the kanna revamp, it's pretty apparent that kanna is just flashier, and has more damage output. I feel bad that hayato and kanna have such a large gap because who doesn't want to see a badass op samurai. Here are some of my criticisms for hayato:

-The skills feel underwhelming compared to other classes and not cohesive (imo)
    -The dichotomy of boss mode and farming mode is a little awkward because farming mode is trivial when bossing, and bossing mode is trivial when farming. Having this setup actually feels like playing two separate classes, but not like luminous, zero, or dawn warrior.
    -Hayato's crit rate is horrendous
    -Hayato's range gap is horrendous
    -I feel like developers are pushing for the usage of shinsoku but I don't know if anyone uses it (it should be like modern day vanquisher's charm the utility and damage mwah)
    -The trinodes?? Why do the inferior forms of rai blade flash and rai sanrenzan even existtt

Sorry if this came across offensive to any satisfied hayato mains (I only have a 140 hayato for link) I know I'm bad at articulating. If you disagree, maybe my brother is just using hayato incorrectly? If so please link a guide. I just believe that a class that embodies SAMURAI is sadly underwhelming compared to his sengoku sister counterpart. Ayame would be disappointed.
    Leonana69
  • Leonana69Leonana69
    Reactions: 405
    edited June 2020
    Akiro wrote: »
    I main kanna while my brother mains hayato. We've been playing these two classes since they came out. I used to be on par with him, but after the kanna revamp, it's pretty apparent that kanna is just flashier, and has more damage output. I feel bad that hayato and kanna have such a large gap because who doesn't want to see a badass op samurai. Here are some of my criticisms for hayato:

-The skills feel underwhelming compared to other classes and not cohesive (imo)
    -The dichotomy of boss mode and farming mode is a little awkward because farming mode is trivial when bossing, and bossing mode is trivial when farming. Having this setup actually feels like playing two separate classes, but not like luminous, zero, or dawn warrior.
    -Hayato's crit rate is horrendous
    -Hayato's range gap is horrendous
    -I feel like developers are pushing for the usage of shinsoku but I don't know if anyone uses it (it should be like modern day vanquisher's charm the utility and damage mwah)
    -The trinodes?? Why do the inferior forms of rai blade flash and rai sanrenzan even existtt

Sorry if this came across offensive to any satisfied hayato mains (I only have a 140 hayato for link) I know I'm bad at articulating. If you disagree, maybe my brother is just using hayato incorrectly? If so please link a guide. I just believe that a class that embodies SAMURAI is sadly underwhelming compared to his sengoku sister counterpart. Ayame would be disappointed.

Everyone except the producer knows that hayato lacks lines. The 10b cap makes it upper limit very low. I doubt if the producer really plays this game, they "reduce the gap between kanna and other classes" by giving kanna another burst skill as well as higher damage.
    Akiro
  • AkiroAkiro
    edited June 2020
    I'm not sure I understand. I don't know much about reaching the 10b cap and the need for more lines, but I just think hayato needs a well-deserved revamp.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    The only thing hayato got in the "revamp" that absolutely broke the piss out of kanna was an extra directional input for hitokiri strike.
    Akiro
  • AkiroAkiro
    edited June 2020
    Yeah I was super confused when they said hayato was also getting revamped alongside kanna. Like where??
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    We nerfed kishin slightly so here's a compensatory buff for the already #1 class in gms.

Meanwhile the main jobs suffer huge penalties* for bringing even the slightest amount of support to the party.

*Except new jobs