[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.222 16th Anniversary: Hotel Maple Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ign horders

Silver99Silver99
Reactions: 300
Posts: 2
Member
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
We need a fix to Ign horders who held igns but never played, its unfair for new/current people who play the game to not get the ign they want because someone took it 2 years ago and left it on a level 1 char and did not play it then quit the game and does not even care aymore.

here is my suggestion

Level 10 char: 3 months if 0 activity on the char ign change
Level 100: 6 months if 0 activity on the account ign change
Level 140+: 1 year with 0 activity on the account ign change

I think its going to help people who wishes to get their dream igns, and reduce people who horder igns and sell them on illegal websites, because right now all of those igns are going to waste with no one using them just sitting in the end of the back of the server storage
  1. Thats a good idea18 votes
    1. Yes
       39% (7 votes)
    2. No
       56% (10 votes)
    3. Idk
       6% (1 vote)

Comments

  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 80
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Last year a guy accidentally leaked a guild google sheet which had a hidden page with over 200 IGNs in store for loyal guild members
    One person had 200+ IGNs on low lvl mules. ONE.
    The last wipe was a while back. I wouldn't mind it being much more frequent
    JettLuvsU
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,376
    Posts: 322
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I'm biased since I do have a couple names on characters... so uh... finders keepers losers weepers lmao
    But in all seriousness. I'm for inactive account name sweeps. If the account is active, they get to keep it IMO.
    I have names I might want to switch to saved, but I don't want to have to level to 100 to make sure I can keep it. Or... maybe I would IDK lol
    Unemployed
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,395
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited June 2020
    I'd say there needs to be a change made to what constitutes an active account. An account should have x-amount of logged-in hours in the past year to be flagged active, not just "log into it once and you're good" like last time. No goddamn reason people should be sitting on 200+ character names, especially when you know they're probably squatting them to sell.
    JettLuvsUArgentbumbertyr
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 5,950
    Posts: 747
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I'm disappointed they didn't kill the ability to sell IGNs.

    Other games do it why didn't maplestory?

    I'm aware they tried but their solution was bad.

    A good solution:

    -when you delete a character the IGN is locked to your account only for X days. You can remake with this IGN for those X days.
    -After X + Y days (Y being a random value) the IGN becomes available for everyone if it has not been reclaimed by the original owner.

    ==========

    As for inactive / IGN hoarding. I do find the idea of a minimum level per character being required to save names from IGN wipes. Would need to think about this more.
    bumbertyr
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    Posts: 59
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Nope. I love all my IGNs. It's your fault you weren't there for the event. Too bad you guys weren't active in October of 2015. Hell I was on vacation on an island and got those 200 igns on my accounts.

    This is such a minor problem relative to all the other areas we can complain about.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,395
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited June 2020
    XiangTu wrote: »
    Nope. I love all my IGNs. It's your fault you weren't there for the event. Too bad you guys weren't active in October of 2015. Hell I was on vacation on an island and got those 200 igns on my accounts.

    This is such a minor problem relative to all the other areas we can complain about.

    What's it like being a terrible excuse for a person? People like you are precisely why I want to see another name wipe and have it based on a total amount of logged-in hours in a given span of time rather than being able to one-tap a dozen accounts to flag them as active.
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    Posts: 59
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    XiangTu wrote: »
    Nope. I love all my IGNs. It's your fault you weren't there for the event. Too bad you guys weren't active in October of 2015. Hell I was on vacation on an island and got those 200 igns on my accounts.

    This is such a minor problem relative to all the other areas we can complain about.

    What's it like being a terrible excuse for a person? People like you are precisely why I want to see another name wipe and have it based on a total amount of logged-in hours in a given span of time rather than being able to one-tap a dozen accounts to flag them as active.

    A little harsh for a video game character name but ironically I was using your line of reasoning for the server transfer events.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Oh so you're just another one of the people who missed their chance to move to bera when the transfers happened and now you want in without having to start from scratch. Not happening.

    OH so you're just another one of the people who missed their chance to get a new ign when the IGN event happened and now you want in instead of using one of the other millions of igns available? Not happening.

    Like you said, you missed the event, I spent a lot of my own time attaining all my IGN's during that event, why should the time I spent on that event be rendered useless because you are too picky with what your character is named?

    I hold sentimental value to all my IGN's now, how does that make me a terrible excuse of a person?

    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,060
    Posts: 495
    Member
    edited June 2020
    no.
    (imagine old known player ign to be used now by some stranger/cheater and all the drama/imposter scams that can come with it )

    also even if nexon somehow see this and do a wipe just to piss players as usual
    do you think you got a chance to get with all the bots waiting on dam thing to snatch igns for money?
    or the moment they wipe what stops someone to snatch most and hord them again?

    in other hand most of the nice igns are offranked/banned users anyway...
    just move on its not a simple solution and nexonNA cant code on their own outside of nexon korea anyway ... so good luck with that
    XiangTuJettLuvsU
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    Posts: 59
    Member
    edited June 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    no.
    (imagine old known player ign to be used now by some stranger/cheater and all the drama/imposter scams that can come with it )

    also even if nexon somehow see this and do a wipe just to piss players as usual
    do you think you got a chance to get with all the bots waiting on dam thing to snatch igns for money?
    or the moment they wipe what stops someone to snatch most and hord them again?

    in other hand most of the nice igns are offranked/banned users anyway...
    just move on its not a simple solution and nexonNA cant code on their own outside of nexon korea anyway ... so good luck with that

    Exactly - you already see that happening on Discord, where people are buying tags that look identical to reputable players. The opportunity for exploitation is huge with this change after so soon.

    Also, can you imagine a player paying real money for a name change coupon, steps away from the game for a couple years, comes back and Nexon is like - 'hey we gave away that IGN you bought off us, here is your new one Mr. #00123567D.'

    It took them 15 years to rationalize doing that event. Doing it again after 5 would be ridiculous.
    WONDERGUYJettLuvsU
  • Violent2Violent2
    Reactions: 225
    Posts: 11
    Member
    XiangTu wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    XiangTu wrote: »
    Nope. I love all my IGNs. It's your fault you weren't there for the event. Too bad you guys weren't active in October of 2015. Hell I was on vacation on an island and got those 200 igns on my accounts.

    This is such a minor problem relative to all the other areas we can complain about.

    What's it like being a terrible excuse for a person? People like you are precisely why I want to see another name wipe and have it based on a total amount of logged-in hours in a given span of time rather than being able to one-tap a dozen accounts to flag them as active.

    A little harsh for a video game character name but ironically I was using your line of reasoning for the server transfer events.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Oh so you're just another one of the people who missed their chance to move to bera when the transfers happened and now you want in without having to start from scratch. Not happening.

    OH so you're just another one of the people who missed their chance to get a new ign when the IGN event happened and now you want in instead of using one of the other millions of igns available? Not happening.

    Like you said, you missed the event, I spent a lot of my own time attaining all my IGN's during that event, why should the time I spent on that event be rendered useless because you are too picky with what your character is named?

    I hold sentimental value to all my IGN's now, how does that make me a terrible excuse of a person?

    Aggraphine trying to take the high ground lol ty 4 this