[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Quick question about new guild stuff...

ApocalyptianApocalyptian
Reactions: 2,330
edited June 2020 in General Chat
Anyone know if you still lose contribs if you leave a guild? I have a few miles in our guild that have been there for years and we are reorganizing to get more space and I need to remove a few.
Do we lose contribs anymore?
By the way, I am loving what they done with that. Just about all the things I was hoping for they did.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    A bera guild apparently punted a couple dozen-ish inactives and bombed off the honor rankings, so proceed at your own risk
    Wesleyx3
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    edited June 2020
    Eep and ouch yeah I was afraid of that. I found one more with 10k I'm going to boot but the others might have to stay.
    Wesleyx3
  • EighthTacoEighthTaco
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2020
    Whats the new GP daily cap? Im at 8K right now. Used to be 5k.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2020
    Anyone know if you still lose contribs if you leave a guild? I have a few miles in our guild that have been there for years and we are reorganizing to get more space and I need to remove a few.
    Do we lose contribs anymore?
    By the way, I am loving what they done with that. Just about all the things I was hoping for they did.

as a long time guild leader and leader of a pack of dragons, I say that it should be fine if they aren't coming back. We usually have a policy where people can be gone for as long as they want to but have to leave a note or message to let us know not to kick.

There was a time we kicked when we first started about 100-150 people and restart to get 200 active again which was needed.

Thing is if you have a fully active guild maybe a week if everyone bosses, stay active, and flag races you will get the contribution back and more.

I hate kicking and I know the feels but sometimes you don't have a choice if there are some people who will be more active. But yeah if they haven't left a note or a message saying they be gone kicking shouldn't be too much issue as they may not come back.

Also, I think it is great if you do a logo drawing contest for your members to make a logo it should be fun and would be a good event.

"running guild since 2013, and still running strong" ;)
    edited June 2020
    My guild Akashic has been around since about 2010 a friend and I made it and I always been a lead in it. As time went on my husband lead for a while (like now) and a few close friends have too. It's one of the oldest still active guilds from Broa. So far we were doing ok. Then this morning I wake up and log in we are 554 like what?? Someone moved guilds after being with us like forever lol. I just wish them the best you know. Happiness is most important. So my husband booted quite a few mules and inactives too.
    Since it says weekly rankings I think it means by reset we should be alright. Everything starts at 0 again? That would be a miracle. Then I know we didn't screw up and I can boot my other mules.
    Also, we are working on a new logo contest. It's going to be something fun and I won't ever have anyone steal my emblem ever again. But I still love my beautiful fire emblem. It's so colorful, it's going to be hard to give it up but it isn't just about me. Change can be good. I'm excited to see what other guilds come up with too. It's definitely a much needed personalization that should have been done from the beginning :)
    ZerosBlack
  • rizariza
    edited June 2020
    My guild Akashic has been around since about 2010 a friend and I made it and I always been a lead in it. As time went on my husband lead for a while (like now) and a few close friends have too. It's one of the oldest still active guilds from Broa. So far we were doing ok. Then this morning I wake up and log in we are 554 like what?? Someone moved guilds after being with us like forever lol. I just wish them the best you know. Happiness is most important. So my husband booted quite a few mules and inactives too.
    Since it says weekly rankings I think it means by reset we should be alright. Everything starts at 0 again? That would be a miracle. Then I know we didn't screw up and I can boot my other mules.
    Also, we are working on a new logo contest. It's going to be something fun and I won't ever have anyone steal my emblem ever again. But I still love my beautiful fire emblem. It's so colorful, it's going to be hard to give it up but it isn't just about me. Change can be good. I'm excited to see what other guilds come up with too. It's definitely a much needed personalization that should have been done from the beginning :)
    I think seen your guild around when I was nuking maps. Good to see familiar names around.
    edited June 2020
    Yeah we have alot of people now and my husband is working on recruiting more.
    The ranking thing resets every week so we are around rank 7 guild now (as of last night when he checked it)
    We tried gpq too. It was pretty fun, I just wish they had a rewards room like what they had before. It would make it way more fun. It's weird but we don't get anything but random points.
  • rizariza
    edited June 2020
    Yeah we have alot of people now and my husband is working on recruiting more.
    The ranking thing resets every week so we are around rank 7 guild now (as of last night when he checked it)
    We tried gpq too. It was pretty fun, I just wish they had a rewards room like what they had before. It would make it way more fun. It's weird but we don't get anything but random points.

I think I have seen it yesterday, my guild in bera I did kick 55 inactive and ranking went down but because we have a lot of bossers and alliance super active the points went back quick as well.

In esylium it does still look alive, which is great but gl with guild recruitment and ranking :D
  • EighthTacoEighthTaco
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2020
    I still havn't found the daily gp cap :o I got up to 10k points and we were still getting points. Im not complaining but knowing the daily cap would be nice. Ik it used to be 5k before revamp.
    edited June 2020
    It's 5k per character. So if you have more than one in the guild or for every single person ra + cht does it. Plus checking in too.
    I admit I haven't been doing my dailies and I been lazy. Just trying to level my adele for legion. I'm stuck at 6798 grr! I want 7000 legion already! I'm pretty sure though with enough time I can get Adele to 200 easily. I like it so far.
  • NighttRoadNighttRoad
    Reactions: 800
    edited July 2020
    question?

with this new guild thing, do you still get contribution points for being afk still?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    Nope. Nor for leveling up.
  • NighttRoadNighttRoad
    Reactions: 800
    edited July 2020
    okay thanks