[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mesos Gain

RealTalkBruhRealTalkBruh
Reactions: 400
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There needs to be a brand new method making Mesos besides Arkanna Farming. Like we need a new way to gain Mesos in reboot besides less than 400 mil a day, Kanna is an extremely annoying class to play for some people. As for the survey below it may not have to Bye-bye because there are a lot of hackers, maybe a pq or gpq or something like that that one with more entries?
  1. Should there be way to free farm Mesos?20 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (10 votes)
    2. No
       50% (10 votes)

Comments

• ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited June 2020
    I assume your <400m a day doesn't include grinding on any character beside doing dailies
    KMS players farm mesos through boss crystals on multiple characters. Actually a bunch of GMS players too
    A lvl 200-210 mule can clear daily Normal Ark, NMag, Hard Ranmaru and weekly HHilla, possibly Czak for200m/week and takes 5 minutes a day. You also get tons of flames and cubes.
    Ursus + Maple Tour + grinding should be enough mesos for anyone but the top 1% of players. You can easily reach the point where you do Lucid parties without ever farming on a Kanna
    10h of Legion mesos buffs a week and 34h of Totems a month (more if you have access to another computer) allows you to farm on your main while having a lot more fun and getting meaningful exp.
    I don't think the standard Maple experience should be to expect 2b a day everyday.
    TeddyssFuhreakBBQTimeJettLuvsU
  • TeddyssTeddyss
    Reactions: 320
    edited June 2020
    ^ that.
    Don't be expected to handed free things. This game is all about the effort you put into it and the luck you get out of spending the mesos you grind.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited June 2020
    Well idk about reboot but in regular servers the meso situation is quite bad. When meso rates are 10-30€/b according to some botter advertising it's starting to be quite bad when even legit players see some profit on selling meso.
    Crystals on 1 char takes about 5-15min/day depending on the strenght of the char, taking the 10min as average you can do 6 chars/h and 50 chars in 8h20min which is around 5b/week. Which is quite alot but that's quite much like having maple as your daytime job with that amount of hours each day.
    With casual play you get 500m/week and well that's enough for 2/4 tries on starforce past 15* on umbra/abso with safeguard, the 17*+ is not really that casual anymore. And well it takes quite a lot of tries for 15-17 (mathematically 14,4 tries) so it would take 4-8 weeks to even starforce 1 item to 17* And well currently hard bosses aren't really that good profit anyways (just got 40m drop from hdam... and had some dropless hlucid/hwill runs) So getting the gear for hard bosses costs more than the profit you get from them for several years unless you're really lucky and get pitched item.
    Also there's some "forgotten" bosses that basically aren't worth of doing since the drops aren't used anymore (like empress and magnus) sure the crystals are a thing but with those it would take few years to get the gear investments back. Atleast on old times when you got gear for hard boss you got the investment back as profit in half a year and you could start making better gear for next bosses. Now there's not really that much profit to offer after cra since next profitable step would be hard bosses (GL multiplying your dmg by 25)
    slower progression is fine but too slow is just annoying
  • DarkanomalyDarkanomaly
    Reactions: 650
    edited June 2020
    Prophetie wrote: »
    I assume your <400m a day doesn't include grinding on any character beside doing dailies
    KMS players farm mesos through boss crystals on multiple characters. Actually a bunch of GMS players too
    A lvl 200-210 mule can clear daily Normal Ark, NMag, Hard Ranmaru and weekly HHilla, possibly Czak for200m/week and takes 5 minutes a day. You also get tons of flames and cubes.

I don't mean to be rude, but what type of mules do you possess which can solo HHilla and Madman Ranmaru? ( I assume solo because if you're at least duoing you're losing half profits which is a big no no). NArk and Nmag are doable but they will take far longer than 5min together alone. HHilla you'd need Hero's will or an iframe and decent ping (Not a fault of nexon mostly) in order to react to the cage message reliably, whether or not you have the damage to kill her before she does it again, or you have another iframe is another question. As for Madman ranmaru, he's literally just a damage check, if you can outdamage his heal, great, free money, if not, can't do it. Even then, doing madman with the bare minimum range will take a few minutes.

Also, "tons of flames and cubes" is a stretch, I regularly see no flames from weekly bosses, it's all up to RNG.

Ursus + Maple Tour + grinding should be enough mesos for anyone but the top 1% of players. You can easily reach the point where you do Lucid parties without ever farming on a Kanna
    10h of Legion mesos buffs a week and 34h of Totems a month (more if you have access to another computer) allows you to farm on your main while having a lot more fun and getting meaningful exp.
    I don't think the standard Maple experience should be to expect 2b a day everyday.

Taking into consideration the above quote along with this one, do remember, GMS star force costs are what, double that of KMS?
    Trying to star CRA gear may not be the end of the world, but absolab, arcane gear? Good luck with that, seeing as 15*+ abso costs 120mil+ per try when safegaurded.
    I would regularly burn through 2bil in less than 5 minutes star forcing gear.

Spending a week, one whole week in order to have a small star force session to see your equipment possibly gain zero stats or quite literally go boom in front of you does not promote player satisfaction in any way, shape or form. It's also not feasible for the average working player. Should a player be allowed to progress on the sole condition they dedicate all leisure time online to this game?

I play maplestory because I like the grinding aspect of it, but the enjoyment of grinding is relative to the progress being made. One can easily sink hours into the game via the mule boss crystal method and see little to no progress when compared to Kanna farming. Does that make Kanna farming the problem? Or is it the lack of comparable alternatives?

And on this,
    (more if you have access to another computer)

Players. Should. Not. Need. A. Second. Computer. In. Order. To. Progress.
    zmintSlicedTime
  • RealTalkBruhRealTalkBruh
    edited June 2020
    In that case how many Mesos can I really obtain daily at LVL 210?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Spending a week, one whole week in order to have a small star force session to see your equipment possibly gain zero stats or quite literally go boom in front of you does not promote player satisfaction in any way, shape or form. It's also not feasible for the average working player. Should a player be allowed to progress on the sole condition they dedicate all leisure time online to this game?
    Players. Should. Not. Need. A. Second. Computer. In. Order. To. Progress.

We're talking late game for this though, there are plenty of small gains before you ever hit this point.
    The top players yes, they absolutely go through that. But the majority of players I'd imagine can spend <1B to make some small gains here and there.
    JettLuvsU
  • zmintzmint
    Reactions: 635
    edited June 2020
    I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to give more meso earning options. Even if you’re nit going for endgame, or to help endgame players. When someone has 20 billion, they farmed for 20 hours at least. That’s quite extreme. I don’t know why people are so against another income source.
    Darkanomaly
    edited June 2020
    I don't make 400 mil a day, but I feel like making just over 300 mil in a WEEK is a bit absurd. Especially when Black cubes cost 132 mil for 6 that will most likely not give you what you want, you will need like 2 bil to get something you want but that will take like 7 weeks to achieve.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I don't make 400 mil a day, but I feel like making just over 300 mil in a WEEK is a bit absurd. Especially when Black cubes cost 132 mil for 6 that will most likely not give you what you want, you will need like 2 bil to get something you want but that will take like 7 weeks to achieve.

If you're doing Ursus you should be making around 700m a week minimum.
    Throw minimal grind, Maple Tour, bossing, etc etc onto it and you should easily make 1b a week even at mid-levels.
    You're not trying hard enough if you only make 300m a week.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited June 2020
    Gotta do Kritias for those boss resets, KMS meta
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    edited June 2020
    i guess in reboot the crystals give decent amount of meso but in regular server not even close. Same goes with ursus and maple tour. Even by buying all the runs (10,5k MP for the 35 extra runs/week that's like 1b from meso market) you get 444,8m / week(+350m with piggy bank) so it's not really even worth it.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    @Latemaster
    The OP is specifically talking about reboot. 1B a week is easily obtained via those methods.
    Regular servers not so much, but they have the auction house to make up for that.
    Reboot has the boosted meso rates to make up for the lack of an economy.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    edited June 2020
    it's true that reboot has boosted meso rates to make up for trade block so you have to gather all meso yourself but regular server having AH doesn't really help when there isn't that much meso going around. Ppl are saving for starforce and aren't buying really anything.
    It really wouldn't be that bad to have some of reboot meso things in normal server (maple tour and crystals decent meso amounts mainly) Currently the reg server players seem to be stuck on some point (usually on point where you need to sf your stuff) and with the meso gain rates it would take few years to progress anywhere from that point.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited June 2020
    Very bad idea in my opinion, I know many people that already making a lot of mesos.
    edited June 2020
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Very bad idea in my opinion, I know many people that already making a lot of mesos.

How are they doing that?
  • EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2020
    BBQTime wrote: »

How are they doing that?

Meso farming on a character with 120% meso gain and 60-80% item drop rate.

But to echo everyone else, if you're only making 300mil a week, you're not doing even scratching the surface of what you can do. A normal daily boss run (Chaos Horntail, Normal Arkarium, Normal Pink Bean, Hard Von Leon, Hard Ranmaru, Normal Magnus, Normal Papulatus) makes roughly 55mil a day per character, then you make 100mil a day doing Ursus during 2x (10am-10pm UTC) which takes a few minutes max, then you have Maple Tour which gives you a weekly handout of around 380mil if you do it twice per day. Weekly bosses are extra currency on top of that once you get strong enough to solo them and more stronger characters means more weekly meso from those crystals as well...

Not even counting weekly boss crystals, that's already around 1.45bil per week, not including other characters you do daily bosses on or weekly bosses of any sort. This doesn't even include the flames, cubes, and stamps you also get from doing all of those bosses which will easily help gear characters up to be able to reach the point where they can do daily bosses.

The people who really push for endgame stats are the people who invest in an Arcane Kanna and farm in order to speed up the process, and those avenues are open if you want to dedicate yourself to it.