[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot 2

BunnyBombBunnyBomb
Reactions: 795
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Reboot has actually become decently popular lately. Sometimes it can be very difficult to find an available map and it really kills the mood when I'm just flipping channels for 30 mins. Reboot has moved up to 30 ch and I still don't think that is enough. I think making a whole separate 2nd Reboot server would be amazing for the game. Giving people a free pass to switch over would be a nice touch to help even out the servers. It seems like every patch and every double miracle time event the game is crashing hard and no one can do anything when they want to play the most. Better server stability would be amazing.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    How would the congestion of current reboot be handled if a second reboot server were to be opened? Because on the surface, the only way it'd help the currently existing reboot server is by slowing down the influx of new players.
  • JelaniJelani
    Reactions: 475
    edited July 2020
    Reg server players always talk about how there's too many people to merge the servers and it'll lag everyone and cause instability. It's crazy how Reboot has that problem and Nexon isn't doing anything to fix it.
  • CashMoneyCashMoney
    Reactions: 210
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    How would the congestion of current reboot be handled if a second reboot server were to be opened? Because on the surface, the only way it'd help the currently existing reboot server is by slowing down the influx of new players.

He is suggesting the option for current players to transfer over to a new reboot world, which I believe will help free up training maps and general server load. I'm not sure what you mean in your second sentence tho.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    CashMoney wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

He is suggesting the option for current players to transfer over to a new reboot world, which I believe will help free up training maps and general server load. I'm not sure what you mean in your second sentence tho.

If they were to not allow transfers from current reboot to a proposed second reboot, then the only benefit that second server would have on the first is slowing down the amount of people coming into that server. You wouldn't stop everyone from playing on the first server, wanting to play with friends and all.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Jelani wrote: »
    Reg server players always talk about how there's too many people to merge the servers and it'll lag everyone and cause instability. It's crazy how Reboot has that problem and Nexon isn't doing anything to fix it.

I personally don't get this problem at all. No matter how full the servers are there's hardly any lag. It all depends on what channel you play on.
    Some of them are bad no matter how few people are on it.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2020
    The extra 10 channels are budget channels with garbage latency
  • PoohsPoohs
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    There's already a second Reboot server, it's called EU reboot and many of us would switch in a heartbeat if region transfers were a thing.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    I feel like people would somehow spin Reboot 2 into being a bad thing, and claim Nexon is trying to kill the Reboot playerbase. I think it'd be a good idea to have a second Reboot though. I hear that it's super congested in Reboot aready.
    Jelani wrote: »

Different issue, but I'll explain the lag/instability concern. Bera lagged for months on end post-transfer, and Elysium has had party lag for months now. Combining reg servers means Bera and Elysium both get the other's lag problems.
  • BunnyBombBunnyBomb
    Reactions: 795
    edited September 2022
    *she