[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot server

Alimouse2020Alimouse2020
Reactions: 200
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
in my personal opinion for lowering the reboot server lag u you should.

1-. eliminate the server "congratulation" when u get items from surprise box or DMT message from the chat window.
since in reboot server is no available the option for trade it's useless for the rest of the people to know that information.
2-. disconnect players that are afk for a certain amount of time.
3-. add at least 10 more channels .
4-. only on reboot server make the DMT last longer.
a 12 hr DMT would be helpful for players so they can have a longer gap of time to cube there items and having less players cubing at the same time.

Comments

• PoreoticsPoreotics
    Reactions: 330
    edited July 2020

1-. eliminate the server "congratulation" when u get items from surprise box or DMT message from the chat window.
    since in reboot server is no available the option for trade it's useless for the rest of the people to know that information.
    a 12 hr DMT would be helpful for players so they can have a longer gap of time to cube there items and having less players cubing at the same time.

Points 2 is the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone suggest. Why would you purposely dc people when events encourage you to afk for exp/event currency/guild contribution passively increases the longer you're on. Also adding channels would do nothing as the servers are lagging even more when they added the additional 10 the already did.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited July 2020
    If 3hrs of DMT isn't already laggy, imagine how laggy it will be with people mashing through cubes for straight up 12 hours. The lag is caused by a queue of cubes and people abusing channel hopping to use cubes fast.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2020
    option 1 is the only reasonable suggestion itt
  • Alimouse2020Alimouse2020
    edited July 2020
    Poreotics wrote: »

Points 2 is the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone suggest. Why would you purposely dc people when events encourage you to afk for exp/event currency/guild contribution passively increases the longer you're on. Also adding channels would do nothing as the servers are lagging even more when they added the additional 10 the already did.

why ? disconnecting the afk players seems to be a problem? shouldn't you bing playing.... ? and not afk ?
    why the spot you use on the server without doing anything should affect the rest of players ?..

YES, event places like the rise event hall should let you afk to gain exp or rise coins, but there are lots of players who stay afk on training maps, zakum entrance, horntail entrance, RA doors entrance and more..
    adding 10 more channels help to relieve the others, before the rise event ( the 10 additional channels ) i had some problem to log in cause the server where full.
    on the DMT it happens me the same problem than before.
    edited July 2020
    Beef wrote: »
    If 3hrs of DMT isn't already laggy, imagine how laggy it will be with people mashing through cubes for straight up 12 hours. The lag is caused by a queue of cubes and people abusing channel hopping to use cubes fast.

12 hr DMT is meant to relieve the saturation of people using cubes at the same time, this gives a long cap of time to players to connect.
    for example you can have 100 players connected at the same time during an hour or u can have less players connecting each hour during 12 hours.
    the pressure you relieve from 1 hour connection is significant,

obviously there are more internal problems they could fix but this are my opinions.
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited July 2020
    Disconnect people afking is a problem in a way such as when they have events like now the rise where you can sit in the salon and collect rise exp aka coins , if you would disconnect people then this whole part of event should not even be there fact else it be pointless , I let myself afk overnight in salon and rest coins I just collect grinding / doing dailies .
    And I don;t think they can nor will just go through all players a online to check who is afking and where .
    They first have to fix the hardware issue or connection issue they experience themself before they even add more servers or change things .
    One things is true the spamming of the DMT in chat and the one from gaining the weapon or necklace from login event is not really needed .
    We ain't allowed to spam the chat but they do themself LOL . [ logic huh ? ]
    edited July 2020
    Poreotics wrote: »

Snicky wrote: »
    Disconnect people afking is a problem in a way such as when they have events like now the rise where you can sit in the salon and collect rise exp aka coins , if you would disconnect people then this whole part of event should not even be there fact else it be pointless , I let myself afk overnight in salon and rest coins I just collect grinding / doing dailies .
    And I don;t think they can nor will just go through all players a online to check who is afking and where .
    They first have to fix the hardware issue or connection issue they experience themself before they even add more servers or change things .
    One things is true the spamming of the DMT in chat and the one from gaining the weapon or necklace from login event is not really needed .
    We ain't allowed to spam the chat but they do themself LOL . [ logic huh ? ]

i noted that the rise salon hall should let you stay online the time you want, i just said that players who are not on thouse places should be disconected from the server