[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make Gender Neutral Tops Available in Reboot

YunalescaaYunalescaa
Reactions: 840
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I feel like I would be speaking on behalf of a lot of other players, as this is a common issue but not spoken about much within the community. I'd like to discuss the topic of the Fusion Anvil.
This discussion is coming from a reboot player

As you many of you may or may not know, the fusion anvil currently only works by having both the appearance item, and function item to be the same gender. For instance, if you were to anvil a (F) top to a gender neutral top, the anvil would not work. This is clear as it states it in the description of the anvil. This generally doesn't seem to be an issue for most items, as they are all gender neutral, except for tops and bottoms.

Tops and bottoms are some of the hardest items to anvil. Since the current meta is CRA top/bottom (which are gender neutral), the only available gender-neutral anvils for bottoms are either the other CRA bottoms, and the 2 pairs of jeans in the Lith Harbor Shop (sandblasted jeans, ice jeans). This isn't a huge problem, as there is still 2 available items to be anvilled to the bottom (excluding other cra gear)

The main problem is when it comes to tops. Currently, (In Reboot), aside from the 5 CRA tops, there is NO other gender neutral tops available that can be anvilled. This is extremely frustrating to us players who love the maple fashion and pay to use item anvils. There are certainly only a select few gender neutral tops even in the game, all of which are just unobtainable in Reboot.
These tops mainly include:
- Android Vest (and the entire android set for that matter)
- Horntail's Ab T-Shirt
- Homecoming Victory Jacket
- O. Mushroom T-Shirt
- Slime T-Shirt

Since these are the only possible gender neutral tops that can be anviled to the meta CRA top, I was wondering if maybe we can make some availability for these items within Reboot. Either within event coin shops, the Phantom Forest Coin Shop (I know this shop already has TONS of anvil items), or even the Cross World Party Quest shop.
I think that this would be a great avenue for anvil users, and would certainly allow nexon to sell more anvils for NX. It would certainly make us feel much more better about anviling our item set by actually having an obtainable gender-neutral top to be used.
MemphisHeartDnaman101
  1. Should they add Gender-Neutral Tops to a coin shop to allow Reboot players to anvil their CRA top?9 votes
    1. Yes
       89% (8 votes)
    2. No
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• BorgaBorga
    Reactions: 1,065
    edited June 2020
    If they have time to add those stuff to Reboot, they also should make equipments anvil-able without having to do with gender/universal. Unless you just want one of those equipments on your list.

I wrote a post about anvils too, but not much people seems to care.
    <http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28095/allow-us-to-anvil-gender-different-equipment#latest>;
  • YunalescaaYunalescaa
    edited June 2020
    Borga wrote: »
    If they have time to add those stuff to Reboot, they also should make equipments anvil-able without having to do with gender/universal. Unless you just want one of those equipments on your list.

I wrote a post about anvils too, but not much people seems to care.
    <http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28095/allow-us-to-anvil-gender-different-equipment#latest>;

I would also love to see this change, but I feel like adding those tops would be much more reasonable to ask for instead of overhauling the anvil system.
  • TheObservantTheObservant
    Reactions: 630
    edited June 2020
    Honestly the gender restrictions in this game are unnecessary imo. The code is already in place to let any character wear any clothing item/face/hairstyle as proven by April fool's events., as well as certain gender restricted cash items suddenly becoming genderless if you get them from a style box. The world isn't gonna implode if a female character wears a suit and the hat of death, or if a male character wears a skirt and freckles, so I support this.

But, since we know Nexon won't change that, I did see someone suggest changing the function of the fusion anvil so that it turns any equip into a cash item. That way if you have your cra set and you want to wear something else over it, like a top/bottom from another class that's gender locked, the fusion anvil turns the top/bottom into cash items you can wear over your cra set. That way you can wear a gender locked item on top of a genderless one.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Simple logic should work.

If anvil does not match character gender then use non-anvil appearance.
  • YunalescaaYunalescaa
    edited July 2020
    Still pushing to get this change considered. Any update or feedback would be apprecaited
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2020
    Make all items gender neutral. Thats it. If a boy wants to use a girl overal , then so be it, and the other way around of course. its 2020 come on
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited July 2020
    I support the idea, and considering how blurred the line is between male/female characters in the game id, abolishing gendered gear/characters isn't farfetched.

Sadly, the problem is that this would have to come from KMS and Korea is a lot more conservative and uptight about gender as well as homosexuality. Gay marriage could also be in the game if not for that.

Only KMS-alligned implementation of this that I can imagine would be to allow gendered items to be anviled onto non-gendered ones but force you to be the item's gender to wear them or something.
    Unless a GMS dev wants to dabble in spaghetti and risk breaking something else.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2020
    darik wrote: »
    Make all items gender neutral. Thats it. If a boy wants to use a girl overal , then so be it, and the other way around of course. its 2020 come on

I think being forced to look neutral is fine, why make things soo very unusual april fools cross gender stuff is about as far as they ever should go
  • alexaameliaalexaamelia
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2022

Sustainable Gift Cards
  • I feel like I would be speaking on behalf of a lot of other players, as this is a common issue but not spoken about much within the community. I'd like to discuss the topic of the Fusion Anvil.
    This discussion is coming from a reboot player
    https://freepromedia.com/top-screenshot-apps-for-linux/