[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Best job for returned members

ShockoboShockobo
in General Chat
Hey what you think is the best job to start with for a returned character who forgot everything in the game?

Comments

• Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited July 2020
    Kanna
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    The "best job" to start off with would be Mercedes, due to the fact that she gives a 15% EXP bonus with her link skill at level 120.
    That said, most people I know don't actually like her character.
    As far as "best job" that highly depends on your personal tastes, nobody can tell you what that is without knowing you.

You could jump into one of the newer classes for their better early game kit, characters like Adele, Pathfinder, Cadena, Ark, Hoyoung.
    However these classes might spoil you if you ever want to go for grinding up mules like explorers, which have far worse kits in the early game.
    It just depends on how you perceive things and want to advance.

Personally, because any serious player will have to go through the motions at some point or another, I would highly recommend this order.
    Mercedes to 120: +15% EXP Link bonus | 3% cooldown reduction (4% if you get to 140)
    Evan to 120: +50% Rune buff duration | 70% chance to recover 4% max MP on attack (6% at 140)
    Aran to 120: +650% EXP from Combo orbs | 70% chance to recover 4% max HP on attack (6% at 140)

If you are on a regular server you might consider Zero as your 4th character, due to zero getting an EXP buff for their legion board bonus.
    However you will have to complete parts of their story to unlock this, so that's up to you.

All three of these will increase EXP gained and make future characters that much easier. Plus the healing reduces somewhat the need for potions.
    These characters have bonuses that are basically designed for new accounts and I wouldn't recommend any other classes for serious players to start with.
    For the second bonus (HP/MP recovery and cooldown reduction) you'll have to unlock your legion grid, which will mostly likely happen with your 4th or 5th character, assuming you bring them all up to 120~140.

Once you have these characters what you might want to do is create a Kanna, currently the best class for farming.
    However she's in a bit of a weird spot right now and might not be the best character for that in the future.
    My suggestion after you finish Mercedes/Evan/Aran is to just play a lot of characters up to 140 until you find one that you really enjoyed.
    Watch some videos on that class either for grind or bossing and decide if you like it. Bring that class up to 200 (5th job) and work on mules in the background.
    scholar624
  • Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited July 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The "best job" to start off with would be Mercedes, due to the fact that she gives a 15% EXP bonus with her link skill at level 120.
    That said, most people I know don't actually like her character.
    As far as "best job" that highly depends on your personal tastes, nobody can tell you what that is without knowing you.

You could jump into one of the newer classes for their better early game kit, characters like Adele, Pathfinder, Cadena, Ark, Hoyoung.
    However these classes might spoil you if you ever want to go for grinding up mules like explorers, which have far worse kits in the early game.
    It just depends on how you perceive things and want to advance.

Personally, because any serious player will have to go through the motions at some point or another, I would highly recommend this order.
    Mercedes to 120: +15% EXP Link bonus | 3% cooldown reduction (4% if you get to 140)
    Evan to 120: +50% Rune buff duration | 70% chance to recover 4% max MP on attack (6% at 140)
    Aran to 120: +650% EXP from Combo orbs | 70% chance to recover 4% max HP on attack (6% at 140)

If you are on a regular server you might consider Zero as your 4th character, due to zero getting an EXP buff for their legion board bonus.
    However you will have to complete parts of their story to unlock this, so that's up to you.

All three of these will increase EXP gained and make future characters that much easier. Plus the healing reduces somewhat the need for potions.
    These characters have bonuses that are basically designed for new accounts and I wouldn't recommend any other classes for serious players to start with.
    For the second bonus (HP/MP recovery and cooldown reduction) you'll have to unlock your legion grid, which will mostly likely happen with your 4th or 5th character, assuming you bring them all up to 120~140.

Once you have these characters what you might want to do is create a Kanna, currently the best class for farming.
    However she's in a bit of a weird spot right now and might not be the best character for that in the future.
    My suggestion after you finish Mercedes/Evan/Aran is to just play a lot of characters up to 140 until you find one that you really enjoyed.
    Watch some videos on that class either for grind or bossing and decide if you like it. Bring that class up to 200 (5th job) and work on mules in the background.

I have to particularly agree with the newer classes spoiling you in terms of kits. If you play a newer class and jump to an explorer next, you'll be like "gah this sucks!" lol.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2020
    Personally I think it's always good to start with an explorer class to get a feel of the game, then branch off into other classes to find a main/legion/linkskills.