[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why Burning World is excluding reboot????

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2020
    Giving reboot 3 burninators seems like a good compromise.
    pat159RaySummers
  • DéesseDéesse
    Reactions: 200
    Initially, I do not see the interest of this event for regular servers. I mean leveling on reg server is easier than on reboot. And above all, the population on reboot is higher than regular servers combined. I find it unfortunate that a large part of Maplestory players today will be deprived of this event
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited July 2020
    Déesse wrote: »
    Initially, I do not see the interest of this event for regular servers. I mean leveling on reg server is easier than on reboot. And above all, the population on reboot is higher than regular servers combined. I find it unfortunate that a large part of Maplestory players today will be deprived of this event

you could easily argue the same thing for reboot. lol.
    the event seems to be originally a regular sever thing.
    the reason it probably isnt available for reboot is likely due to how reboot is setup. which would mean that they had to choose between forcing reboot style of progression on regular server players or force regular server style progression on reboot players which cannot work due to how reboot is setup therefore the latter is likely to be consider at all.

tho it does suck that you guys basically get shafted from this event.

maybe if enough people ask they will offer up some megaburninators.
  • DéesseDéesse
    edited July 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    Déesse wrote: »

you could easily argue the same thing for reboot. lol.
    the event seems to be originally a regular sever thing.
    the reason it probably isnt available for reboot is likely due to how reboot is setup. which would mean that they had to choose between forcing reboot style of progression on regular server players or force regular server style progression on reboot players which cannot work due to how reboot is setup therefore the latter is likely to be consider at all.

tho it does suck that you guys basically get shafted from this event.

maybe if enough people ask they will offer up some megaburninators.

English is not my native language so I expressed myself poorly. I wanted to say that reboot players deserve a similar event as this server (this can be 1-3 megaburning coupon obtainable for free or through an event). The problem is that Koreans mainly play on regular servers. They do not feel excluded when there is this kind of event. GMS players mainly play on Reboot so this event is a bit useless for us.
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Well the real reason is that Reboot doesn't bring in nearly enough cash for Nexon as non-reboot servers so they want entice the new players to a server that brings in more money.

This event like many other events are clearly anti-reboot.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited July 2020
    dont people play reboot because they are masochistic and dont want shortcuts ?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Jez wrote: »

It's more of that in Korea, reboot isn't that masochistic here due to spawn increases.
    As far as shortcuts, you can easily get carried.
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited July 2020
    Sadly for the original poster, Nexon is just copy pasting the event from over seas and gms has no dev staff on there team to make it a reality, For gms it is simply easier to give the event the green light then it would be to recode the event to have a separate server just for a reboot edition.

Personally they could save themselves a lot of time and just hand out the same number of burninators for all servers, I dislike having to make a new character every time they do a burning event and would rather get some of the existing characters the perk instead.
    FuhreakWONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Jez wrote: »

It's more of that in Korea, reboot isn't that masochistic here due to spawn increases.
    As far as shortcuts, you can easily get carried.

why so about korea? what is non reboot then? only for lazy maplers who cant make or reach anything without $$?
    is not even about shortcuts as much as the meaning of progress,team boss runs balance and all that gameplay that is ruined or very litle left

i have never seen big game or big game company that ask for so much money and offers nothing... 1k $ for MVP diamond ?
    1 thousand dollars.... for what ? to get items others cant get with legit playing ?

i seen so many discouraged players thro the years and am one of them aswell who got dicouraged so many times
    one of the discouragements:
    i had team that worked hard to organise CRA runs and learn all the mechanic and all that... we had fun
    what nexon did ? nerfed the loot and changed the system to worse...
    that was not enough month after nexon sold all the gear and more in golden apple and philo like they are nothing to work and fight hard for ....
    people got the gear with $$ and started solo them and still up to this day most of them if not all of the players dont know how the boss works because they kill them within seconds
    same was with zakum,HT,magnus,emp,pinkbean....lotus,damien,lucid...
    evry content after few months gets introduced with more powerfull $$$ that gets destoryed like is nothing

why would someone bother to grind for lvl/work on boss or anything after all that ?
    whats the meaning of rankings if players power lvl with $$$?

back on topic
    reboot should not be limited from the content is just a world that is trying to make with meso only... thats it as much nexon trys to slide p2w again...
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2020
    pat159 wrote: »
    This is absolutely stupid... We pay for NX same price as any other server, so therefor we deserve every last bit of content that the regular servers get as well. We dont buy nx to pay employees salaries and sustain the company just so they develop content for other servers and give us screwed up events that don't even work as intended. If we get half the content then we should have to pay half price for nx items as well.

no lol, we dont pay for cubes, in normal servers 1 pack is like what, 20 dollars? Do you know how much bundles we use for everything legendary on rteboot? Now imagine people pay 20 dollars per bundle
  • AkhevaAkheva
    edited July 2020
    So its the 22nd and maintence is over....

More people are populating Reboot then Burning....

I wonder if the whales truly make it worth it financially for them.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    Akheva wrote: »
    So its the 22nd and maintence is over....

More people are populating Reboot then Burning....

I wonder if the whales truly make it worth it financially for them.

thats why nexon slowly starting to slide p2w in reboot aswell
    wellcome to new limited 30days titles for 35$ to get Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +5, 10% Additional EXP

• iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited July 2020
    there is a youtube video by xxaranxx or whatever that actually explains why burning world even exists.
    yall can watch that for more insight
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2020
    JeepJit wrote: »
    As the title says, I don get it!

LOL the idea is to keep people away from the most highly, massively over populated server, where all the homeless & minimum wage workers play. <-- Intentional Sarcasm =D Come on guys support the game we all enjoy.
  • RaySummersRaySummers
    Reactions: 540
    edited July 2020
    Last year during this time everybody got a double mega burning, Reboot players included. So this year non-rebooters get THREE mega burning characters and up to 6 free character expansion slots. And Reboot gets a big fat ZERO.

What the heck are the heads of Nexon thinking??? Do they not understand that half of GMS player base is on Reboot?
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    The Burning World has scrolls and bonus potential. Things that Reboot doesn't. It's not that deep tbh
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    The Burning World has scrolls and bonus potential. Things that Reboot doesn't. It's not that deep tbh

Beast tamer's quest also has scrolls and things only available in normal servers, yet it gets converted to meso sacks on reboot.