[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DMT compensation is already a failure

BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
Reactions: 1,615
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Learning nothing from past experience, Anna has decided to have another series of hour long DMTs. I'll ignore the supposed code optimizations that will lead to further kanna and jett bans. This time there isn't a cube sale to accompany the dmt, players have already used their cubes and enhanced their gear, and players won't have much meso after the previous dmt/upcoming SF even this weekend. This dmt will perform better because there'll be fewer people cubing and overall people will be using fewer cubes.

Nexon will see this 1/3rd cube usage DMT as a great success and move on to more important matters like nerfing non-kms classes, deleting reboot, and paying their customer support team to call legit players hackers.
TurtlesRockSlicedTimepat159

Comments

• TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited July 2020
    Literally every other DMT ever has had an unlimited ~20% off cube sale except the one last week.
  • TheTacoManTheTacoMan
    Reactions: 640
    edited July 2020
    This is not compensation. We are getting an event that didn't work for us the first time, but this time most of us already spent all of our meso.
    TurtlesRockSlicedTime
  • GAMBlTGAMBlT
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited July 2020
    Once again, it is not Nexon's fault if people already used their cubes.

On the topic of cube sales, it seems obvious to me that Nexon is moving towards not having unlimited cube sales and this really has nothing to do with the issue they are compensating us for (not having a playable DMT event). Whether or not you agree with not having unlimited cube sales is irrelevant.

Has Nexon dropped the ball in the past with supposed code optimizations? Sure. But I think we should wait to comment on that after the event actually happens.

Lastly, I can only assume that there is a specific reason why Nexon cannot make DMT 12 or 24 hours. Can't really comment on that, but at least they are trying to fix the issue and provide another chance at DMT instead of sweeping everything under the rug.
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited July 2020
    GAMBlT wrote: »
    Whether or not you agree with not having unlimited cube sales is irrelevant.

Every other DMT has had a cube sale except for this one, but it's irrelevant? For any player who isn't brand new to the game, the cube sale is the most relevant part of DMT.
  • GAMBlTGAMBlT
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited July 2020
    Whether or not you agree with not having unlimited cube sales is irrelevant.

Every other DMT has had a cube sale except for this one, but it's irrelevant? For any player who isn't brand new to the game, the cube sale is the most relevant part of DMT.

I agree that the cube sale is relevant to progression, but I'm just saying that it's up to the developers how they want to change the game. For example, removing pottable badges and the kishin nerfs. Obviously these things are subjectively and objectively bad for most players, but they are things that we really have no control over if the developers want to change them. My point is that the community as a whole was justified in complaining about a DMT event that Nexon wanted to give us, but did not even come close to expectations. And in response, Nexon decided to give us another DMT event which they are trying to make more functional.

Like I said in my previous post, we won't know if their code optimizations will be successful or not, but we can at least reserve judgement for after the event.
    iLikeRichClo
  • iLikeRichCloiLikeRichClo
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited July 2020
    I think we should wait for the second DMT and see how it goes before announcing it a failure.
    Resetdarik
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    edited July 2020

On the topic of cube sales, it seems obvious to me that Nexon is moving towards not having unlimited cube sales and this really has nothing to do with the issue they are compensating us for (not having a playable DMT event). Whether or not you agree with not having unlimited cube sales is irrelevant.

Has Nexon dropped the ball in the past with supposed code optimizations? Sure. But I think we should wait to comment on that after the event actually happens.

Lastly, I can only assume that there is a specific reason why Nexon cannot make DMT 12 or 24 hours. Can't really comment on that, but at least they are trying to fix the issue and provide another chance at DMT instead of sweeping everything under the rug.

They know players want an unlimited cube sale, they know players want longer duration dmt, and they know that reboot players aren't quitting to go to regular servers.

Hosting a cube sale literally costs them nothing for reboot players and it guarantees a spike in cube sales for regular servers. Mind you, selling literally anything that already exists in the cash shop is printing money.

There's literally no reason for them not to give players what they want other than severe incompetence or malice towards players. Based on past experience I'd day it's a combination of the two. It would actually be so easy to just be nice to players but Nexon demonstrates at every opportunity that they're committed to making decisions that are the complete opposite of what players want.

Players want frenzy? Remove it, ban people for selling frenzy service. People want reasonable drop rate? Nerf drop rate repeatedly. People want more spawn? Nerf kishin. People hate 2pc meta? Make 3 pc meta. Jett and bt are the worst classes in the game but people still like them? Nerf them relentlessly. Star force too expensive and random? Increase star force cost. People like potable badges? Delete an entire area to get rid of potable badges. Meso rates too low? Increase them by ~5% while nerfing spawn rate by 50%. Fury totem too expensive? Create a worse version that's still too expensive.

Like, why do they hate players so much?
    Dnaman101
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2020
    I think we should wait for the second DMT and see how it goes before announcing it a failure.

wisdom right here.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    Eight days' notice for a dmt mulligan exclusive to reboot, instead of the usual "oh btw it's happening tomorrow" that accompanies every dmt announcement. Community response? "It's already a failure".

Precious little wonder why nexon doesn't seem to put much effort into compensation beyond a set of pre-made boxes.
  • KungfuheeroKungfuheero
    Reactions: 920
    edited July 2020
    I like how the DMT was supposed to raise the chance, yet did nothing for the bonus cubes I bought. brought my item up to epic for 50$. Worthless event.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2020
    Jesus, server crashed a lot during 1st dmt and many people weren't able to participate in reboot so they're gonna have 2nd dmt in reboot. How's this not good enough compensation? Threads were filled with request to have another dmt and now that they're giving u one, now u r complaining about cube sales? Come on now. Just grind until 2nd dmt to buy some cubes and u should be able to tier up good amount of gears no problem.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2020
    Good try guys, maybe next DMT.
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited July 2020
    Nexon is the most incompetent gaming company out there. Nexon, just give us a full week of DMT, space the load out so we can actually cube. You obviously can't code for **** or manage expectations. Just do what the community suggests since the community at least has half a functioning brain.
  • EverythingSlayerEverythingSlayer
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited July 2020
    See Penguinz we already knew this was going to happen. No code optimisation would fix the issues of most of the player base cubing at the same time unless they disabled other services like using skills, mob spawn etc. It ain't good enough compensation because the exact same thing is happening lol
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    edited July 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Eight days' notice for a dmt mulligan exclusive to reboot, instead of the usual "oh btw it's happening tomorrow" that accompanies every dmt announcement. Community response? "It's already a failure".

Precious little wonder why nexon doesn't seem to put much effort into compensation beyond a set of pre-made boxes.

Precious little wonder why the community response is "It's already a failure".

EDIT: Even more so now that Nexon's cancelled it after the first hour and admitted it was a failure.
    TheObservant
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2020
    See Penguinz we already knew this was going to happen. No code optimisation would fix the issues of most of the player base cubing at the same time unless they disabled other services like using skills, mob spawn etc. It ain't good enough compensation because the exact same thing is happening lol

lmfao. Guess I spoke too soon xDDDDDDDDDD
    Just when I thought nx would actually compensate dmt properly.
    A for effort i guess lol
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

lmfao. Guess I spoke too soon xDDDDDDDDDD
    Just when I thought nx would actually compensate dmt properly.
    A for effort i guess lol

They need like WAY MORE server power...DMT will hopefully never grace the reboot server again.
  • JelaniJelani
    Reactions: 475
    edited July 2020

They don't know how to do it.