[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

remove DMT 4 reboot forever, regular servers only!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
as title states rebooters are already spoiled enough. DMT causes nothing but problems for reboot... Time to make THE Double Miracle Time a regular server only event please and thanks Nexon.

I should have been more clear. DMT is an absolutely terrible idea for reboot BECAUSE reboot by far and large has the largest populace of any server. When you have half a million players all logging in for the special event that IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST due to how ridiculously op this event is for reboot player progression. You get server over load and Nexon is not going to upgrade the reboot servers where their smallest revenue stream comes from *assuming so*.

Regular servers will never have the same extremely high turn out EVER in comparison, since to roll any meaningful number of cubes you gotta pay.... So the turn out for dmt is far less cause of the pay wall on regular servers, thus far less latency/lag issues for normal servers even during dmt as compared to reboot.

reboot population is in no way important to gms regular servers and nexon america. I hope Nexon realizes this and cuts away reboot with a scalple if service is ever threatened to shut down gms as a whole.
TurtlesRock

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2020
    Remove it for ALL servers. The luck it offers is negligible and you still need to find your lines at the cost of server stability and people guessing and asking about the next one. Just cube when you feel like it.
    WONDERGUYBeef
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    edited July 2020
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Remove it for ALL servers. The luck it offers is negligible and you still need to find your lines at the cost of server stability and people guessing and asking about the next one. Just cube when you feel like it.

No regular servers need it, people paying rl money for dmt cubes on regular server. But rebooters ALL exploit DMT and save all their mesos and all their resources to never cube outside dmt. with all the sales higher tier chances etc. the effective play is, is to save enough mesos over 6 months to leg and roll on the cheap dmt only. Leading to an incredible turn out of players all wanting and doing the same thing. everyone stock piling for 1/3 to half a year then dump all on dmt. just seems exploititive even having dmt on reboot, time to never bring it back to reboot ever again...
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    Reactions: 820
    edited July 2020
    Its almost like nerfing the RNG rate for cubing gear, the spawn rate, and 1-hit KO susceptibility in order to introduce 4-figure costing items is detrimental to the gameplay.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2020
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

No regular servers need it, people paying rl money for dmt cubes on regular server. But rebooters ALL exploit DMT and save all their mesos and all their resources to never cube outside dmt. with all the sales higher tier chances etc. the effective play is, is to save enough mesos over 6 months to leg and roll on the cheap dmt only. Leading to an incredible turn out of players all wanting and doing the same thing. everyone stock piling for 1/3 to half a year then dump all on dmt. just seems exploititive even having dmt on reboot, time to never bring it back to reboot ever again...

Same can be said with reg servers. Not spending NX unless there is DMT, marvel or philo. The light for cubing is already green. Quit your wait because the light ain't getting any greener. KMS doesn't have our DMT, Philo or Marvel among other game features. If GMS is trying to be KMS, they can always begin with those things. All DMT is offering is very little luck tiering up and clogging the chat with someone tiering up which is happening every second.

Next suggestion for future DMTs? Remove the tier up server notifications and DMT blessings
    WONDERGUYpat159
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    dont know how you dont understand that hurting/takeing piss on reboot makes GMS step closer to shutdown
    is well known that reboot has the most % of the player base and evryone else trys to avoid the shitshow of $$$ that nexon do to non-reboot

i know nexon dont care as long as the cashflow is up and that ... and that they will keep abuse that power of " we are the only official english maplestory you got no choice but to stay with us"
    just like they did with MS2 evrything is fine and "all of a sudden" game close with poor notice or reasons...

good luck if you think that throwing issue under the carpet is good thing or that even when we lost-still loseing so many players in the last few years things are just fine as long as server-service is online
    most of the players know when enough is enough they can eazy find alternatives even when nexon say is that some of them are "ilegal"
    pat159
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    dont know how you dont understand that hurting/takeing piss on reboot makes GMS step closer to shutdown
    is well known that reboot has the most % of the player base and evryone else trys to avoid the shitshow of $$$ that nexon do to non-reboot

i know nexon dont care as long as the cashflow is up and that ... and that they will keep abuse that power of " we are the only official english maplestory you got no choice but to stay with us"

MSEA
    WONDERGUYpat159
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020

This post is an utter travesty. Do you even realize people other than yourself play this game?
    MastahiroEladO
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Hey I play regular servers and outside of DMT, I never buy cubes. I can settle for epic/unique on secondary characters.

Also DMT offers 2 tier ups at once. I don't think it's unreasonable why people would hold out.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2020
    as title states rebooters are already spoiled enough. DMT causes nothing but problems for reboot... Time to make THE Double Miracle Time a regular server only event please and thanks Nexon.

I should have been more clear. DMT is an absolutely terrible idea for reboot BECAUSE reboot by far and large has the largest populace of any server. When you have half a million players all logging in for the special event that IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST due to how ridiculously op this event is for reboot player progression. You get server over load and Nexon is not going to upgrade the reboot servers where their smallest revenue stream comes from *assuming so*.

Regular servers will never have the same extremely high turn out EVER in comparison, since to roll any meaningful number of cubes you gotta pay.... So the turn out for dmt is far less cause of the pay wall on regular servers, thus far less latency/lag issues for normal servers even during dmt as compared to reboot.

reboot population is in no way important to gms regular servers and nexon america. I hope Nexon realizes this and cuts away reboot with a scalple if service is ever threatened to shut down gms as a whole.

u salty u dont have dmt? oh poor normal server person. You guys got plenty of advantages over reboot , tradeable stuff to lv ur mules for legion, symbol catalyst, less hp monsters, etc. The only advante we have is early progression.
  • iLikeRichCloiLikeRichClo
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited July 2020
    Let's summarize your argument - Reboot players save their mesos to cube during DMT, and it's causing a strain on Nexon's servers. Reboot doesn't bring in a lot of money anyways so they're not that important, so let's just make DMT for regular servers only.
    I'm sure there's a better solution.
  • GAMBlTGAMBlT
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited July 2020
    Lol good joke. Pretty sure OP is trolling forums.
  • msclover23msclover23
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2020

I agree, assuming they take away DMT from regular servers too.

Technically GMS has DMT EVERYDAY, our rates are 2x higher than KMS's rates, so when KMS gets their DMT, their rates is identical to ours. Which i believe, is a good rate, even if you have to pay hundreds of dollars to get an equip to the next tier. If anything, this would cause even more revenue for nexon, since if there is no more DMT, then that means you can cube whenever, without having to save 2 weeks worth of paychecks to get your equipment to legendary in an event that comes once every 3 or 4 months.

We, as GMS, are already spoiled enough. DMT causes nothing but problems for GMS... Time to make THE Double Miracle Time a thing of the past, please and thanks, Nexon.

(Can't complain about not being able to do DMT or the fairness of being able to have it if there isnt one anyways.)

/s
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    edited July 2020
    msclover23 wrote: »
    I agree, assuming they take away DMT from regular servers too.

Technically GMS has DMT EVERYDAY, our rates are 2x higher than KMS's rates, so when KMS gets their DMT, their rates is identical to ours. Which i believe, is a good rate, even if you have to pay hundreds of dollars to get an equip to the next tier. If anything, this would cause even more revenue for nexon, since if there is no more DMT, then that means you can cube whenever, without having to save 2 weeks worth of paychecks to get your equipment to legendary in an event that comes once every 3 or 4 months.

We, as GMS, are already spoiled enough. DMT causes nothing but problems for GMS... Time to make THE Double Miracle Time a thing of the past, please and thanks, Nexon.

(Can't complain about not being able to do DMT or the fairness of being able to have it if there isnt one anyways.)

/s

no no cancelled for reboot only, reboot is gonna be more op than regular servers at the rate things are going, i fear for us dying regularians
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2020
    Just remove DMT for both Reboot and Non-Reboot. Tiering up to Legendary is easy in both servers and DMT does nothing for finding lines which is unaffected by DMT.
    Just cube and stop waiting for a freaking miracle. I don't have to explain to anyone, but Reboot will never be stronger be regular servers
  • JelaniJelani
    Reactions: 475
    edited July 2020
    Let's summarize your argument - Reboot players save their mesos to cube during DMT, and it's causing a strain on Nexon's servers. Reboot doesn't bring in a lot of money anyways so they're not that important, so let's just make DMT for regular servers only.
    I'm sure there's a better solution.

There are of course better solutions, but the problem is that it's not worth it for Nexon in terms of money to put those solutions in place