[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

✓ Reverse City Boss's Invincibility

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited June 2021 in Bug Reporting
Please read the thread before posting a comment.

Bug type: Monster

Brief bug summary: The boss of Reverse City, the Singularity Maker, has its invincibility system working incorrectly compared to other services.

More details:
200?cb=20191214194852
The Singularity Maker is coded to take 20% of its HP at a time, becoming invincible for 5 seconds before being able to take damage again (meaning 20% HP -> invincible for 5 seconds -> another 20% HP -> invincible for 5 seconds -> repeat until defeated). However in GlobalMS, the boss requires you to specifically not attack it for 5 seconds during the invincibility period, which is inconsistent with how it works in other versions.

Here's my example in GlobalMS (40:18):

As you can see on my Adele, I have to specifically make sure I don't hit the boss again, which also includes any summons or flying swords.

Here's an example in MapleSEA (45:51):

As you can see, Shiang continuously attacks the boss during the invincibility period, and is still able to defeat it.

There are other examples of monsters in GlobalMS with this coding, but they work fine, such as the Shadow Butterflies (one of the new Elite Champions) and Guild PQ monsters in the 4 waterways.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Complete the Reverse City questline, up to the point where you have to defeat the boss.
2. Keep attacking the boss during the 5 second invincibility period. You will see that the invincibility period does not end.

Character name: Irelaide

Character level: 210 (applies to 205+ though)

Character job: Adele (applies to any class though)

World name: Bera (applies to any world though)

Date and time of the incident: July 9, 2020 at 8:00 PM EST
Fuhreak

Comments

• DiamondSkyyDiamondSkyy
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited July 2020
    I had this same issue with my BW main. It literally took me 2 tries to defeat it.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited August 2020
    Still an issue as of v215.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited October 2020
    Apparently this was fixed at some point in v216. Works for me.