[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Huge gap between exploiters and legit players.

KrownopKrownop
Reactions: 825
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I want to start off this thread by saying that I'm not blaming exploiters for anything, they only did what the game let you to do it , but after the familiar update, players that exploited the unique lines on epic familiars bug have a monumental advantage compared to people that did not abused the new system and new players.
Because of the really low drop rate of every single tier (plus the fact that on reboot people can't reroll lines at all, so if you got a unique familiar with bad lines you will need to get another one) it's basically impossible for any player (outside of the group that farmed and got unique lines on epic familiars) to have any advantage using the new familiar system.
I'm not suggesting to nerf the unique lines on epic familiars, I'm just suggesting that the drop rate should be increased by a lot (for every tier) and to add the red cards on reboot. I can see that the reason why the new familiar system was made the way it is, is to first discourage even more players to play on reboot and the second is to encourage people to spend more in regular servers, but people will not quit reboot no matter how bad it is, if they quit reboot they will quit the game, especially because regular servers have a even bigger gap between old and new players (via frenzy).
The new familiar system is worse than the old one for new players, because now you don't even have the guarantee that the familiar you spent hours grinding will have good lines, on the old system you had fixed bonus for every mob so when you farmed the big spider you knew that when it dropped you would have a drop bonus familiar, but now you will probably never get good lines (considering that common and rare (which have the better drop rate) have really bad lines).
The team had 2+ months to think about how to balance, and the best thing the devs could think its to only increase the common cards drop rate?
TurtlesRockMastahiroiLikeRichClopat159

Comments

• ZerosBlackZerosBlack
    Reactions: 690
    edited July 2020
    Good job balancing the game Nexon, you did it again...
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited July 2020

the old familar system literally used no more than like 5 monsters. that is hardly "balanced" content.
    the new system lets you use any familiar you want as well as an actual reason to farm familiars outside of "leafre set" in the old system.
    the codex predates BIG BANG so to say it didn't need an update would be silly.

ironically they left some unobtainable monsters in there which was somewhat irritating ngl
    but it also means there is a reason to farm for boosters. and a feel of progression.. despite it being locked behind rng..

overall the familar update is not bad but it could be a little bit more F2P friendly that is for sure.

and i totally agree that drop rates need to be more realistic considering multiple familiars need to be farmed.

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2020
    Krownop wrote: »
    I want to start off this thread by saying that I'm not blaming exploiters for anything, they only did what the game let you to do it , but after the familiar update, players that exploited the unique lines on epic familiars bug have a monumental advantage compared to people that did not abused the new system and new players.
    Because of the really low drop rate of every single tier (plus the fact that on reboot people can't reroll lines at all, so if you got a unique familiar with bad lines you will need to get another one) it's basically impossible for any player (outside of the group that farmed and got unique lines on epic familiars) to have any advantage using the new familiar system.
    I'm not suggesting to nerf the unique lines on epic familiars, I'm just suggesting that the drop rate should be increased by a lot (for every tier) and to add the red cards on reboot. I can see that the reason why the new familiar system was made the way it is, is to first discourage even more players to play on reboot and the second is to encourage people to spend more in regular servers, but people will not quit reboot no matter how bad it is, if they quit reboot they will quit the game, especially because regular servers have a even bigger gap between old and new players (via frenzy).
    The new familiar system is worse than the old one for new players, because now you don't even have the guarantee that the familiar you spent hours grinding will have good lines, on the old system you had fixed bonus for every mob so when you farmed the big spider you knew that when it dropped you would have a drop bonus familiar, but now you will probably never get good lines (considering that common and rare (which have the better drop rate) have really bad lines).
    The team had 2+ months to think about how to balance, and the best thing the devs could think its to only increase the common cards drop rate?

There was no exploit! Nexon stated in a memo the drop rate of familiars would remain the same almost as a promise and then after 4 days after the v213 patch leading into the weekend they took familiars down and gutted the drop rate, you had a fair chance with 4 days going on to the weekend you are just sour you gambled and lost. Or are new and didn't attend and there are soo many things that you do not have that you will never get as it is, it will never be fair for you.

you can't get pottable badges any more, more than 1 line legendary inner ability some people have and get to keep up to 3 line legendary inner ability lines, 1st release demon pets the 15 wa pet set buff got to stay on a permanent pet set, lab server blocks may never come again, op non expiring buffs such as wilderness hunter fully stackable 10k hp/mp 100wa/ma 30mins. reboot players def. gonna be annoiyed farming familiars but now the rarity of all dropped familiar is common with a slight chance of being higher tier, you will farm you way back to unique familiars and you only need to top line boss them to be in line with what u missed not as bad as it sounds. all cross over op medals includingf humanity's strongest 5% crit 5% critical damage 18 wa mEDAL
  • botclbotcl
    Reactions: 890
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020

There was no exploit! Nexon stated in a memo the drop rate of familiars would remain the same almost as a promise and then after 4 days after the v213 patch leading into the weekend they took familiars down and gutted the drop rate, you had a fair chance with 4 days going on to the weekend you are just sour you gambled and lost. Or are new and didn't attend and there are soo many things that you do not have that you will never get as it is, it will never be fair for you.

you can't get pottable badges any more, more than 1 line legendary inner ability some people have and get to keep up to 3 line legendary inner ability lines, 1st release demon pets the 15 wa pet set buff got to stay on a permanent pet set, lab server blocks may never come again, op non expiring buffs such as wilderness hunter fully stackable 10k hp/mp 100wa/ma 30mins. reboot players def. gonna be annoiyed farming familiars but now the rarity of all dropped familiar is common with a slight chance of being higher tier, you will farm you way back to unique familiars and you only need to top line boss them to be in line with what u missed not as bad as it sounds. all cross over op medals includingf humanity's strongest 5% crit 5% critical damage 18 wa mEDAL

In reboot you can't get unique familiars because you need cubes and they are only on main servers: Pay2win.
    Now, people abused the familiars and got a lot of epic familiars with unique lines. Is that fair or not an exploit for you? Because it is for me.
    iLikeRichClopat159
  • botclbotcl
    Reactions: 890
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    I play on reboot and i didn't use the exploit of getting "epic" familiars with "unique" lines. A lot of people has disgusting familiars with 35% IED, 40% boss or something like that and a lot of them.
    You didn't reverse the lines of those exploited familiars because they can't get those lines as they are unique and legit players won't ever be able to get those kind of lines in reboot because you don't sell us cubes.

You didn't punished the exploiters giving them the right lines but also you punished the legit players not giving them a chance to get one or two good familiars because we need cubes that we can't buy.
    MastahiroiLikeRichCloBommellpat159
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2020
    @botcl, no one knew the potentials were not working as intended there was no exploitation, it was pretty much promised drop rate for familiars would not be changed and they nerfed it into the ground, u r being lazy imo and just didnt want to join in you had 4 days to go nuts everyone was competing, u didnt want to compete now you have to farm for a few months, to get decent top line boss % capped at 120 max from all familiar sources then u r done, while reg servers gonna be 10-12%att top leg line with 40-50 boss/pdr 2nd lines lol rolling the red cards.... instead of crying soo hard why not ask for red cards to be available some way and get the reboot community to back u
  • KrownopKrownop
    edited July 2020
    @botcl, no one knew the potentials were not working as intended there was no exploitation, it was pretty much promised drop rate for familiars would not be changed and they nerfed it into the ground

Everyone knew that, you are just lying at this point. A lot of people didn't even bother to register familiars at that time because they thought nexon would just delete them.
    u r being lazy imo and just didnt want to join in you had 4 days to go nuts everyone was competing, u didnt want to compete now you have to farm for a few months, to get decent top line boss % capped at 120 max from all familiar sources then u r done, while reg servers gonna be 10-12%att top leg line with 40-50 boss/pdr 2nd lines lol rolling the red cards.... instead of crying soo hard why not ask for red cards to be available some way and get the reboot community to back u

wanting the game to be balanced = being lazy, flawless logic, what I'm getting with your posts is that you're a little child projecting your own lazyness and lack of interest in the game on people asking for balances.
  • GnarGnar
    Reactions: 620
    edited July 2020
    @botcl, no one knew the potentials were not working as intended there was no exploitation, it was pretty much promised drop rate for familiars would not be changed and they nerfed it into the ground, u r being lazy imo and just didnt want to join in you had 4 days to go nuts everyone was competing, u didnt want to compete now you have to farm for a few months, to get decent top line boss % capped at 120 max from all familiar sources then u r done, while reg servers gonna be 10-12%att top leg line with 40-50 boss/pdr 2nd lines lol rolling the red cards.... instead of crying soo hard why not ask for red cards to be available some way and get the reboot community to back u

seems like a loser irl
    iLikeRichClopat159
  • GnarGnar
    Reactions: 620
    edited July 2020
    [Removed]
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited July 2020
    well i wanted to contribute to the post.. its getting rowdy in here so i edited it out now lol
  • KrownopKrownop
    edited July 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    well i wanted to contribute to the post.. its getting rowdy in here so i edited it out now lol

It's pretty hard to maintain a civilized discussion when people like Terror appears.
    iLikeRichClo
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited July 2020

It's pretty hard to maintain a civilized discussion when people like Terror appears.

what he said was not wrong though,
    it seems like you just do not want to hear it lol

we are pretty much at the whims of how nexon wants to deal with this.

1. they do nothing. - most likely option cus people still shell out money regardless of how bad we are treated -
    2. they wipe everyone familiars back to unrevealed potential making any effort anyone does from now until an undisclosed time worthless.
    this is also probably why they did not bring out the cash items yet in case they make changes.
    3. they increase the drop rate
    4. they add red familiar cards to the reward shop with RP, meso would be too easy imo but of course nobody would have an issue of it being easy to rank up.

• KrownopKrownop
    edited July 2020

So calling people lazy for not exploiting and straight up lying is not wrong? I think you're the one that doesn't want to hear the other side, because on every single thread of people making concise critics about the new familiar system you just extrapolates on things that you clearly don't understand (like how reboot works, its not that hard to understand, maybe read a little?).

If you want to say "I don't care I got mine" just say it, it's pretty obvious what are your intentions.
    iLikeRichClo
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited July 2020

So calling people lazy for not exploiting and straight up lying is not wrong? I think you're the one that doesn't want to hear the other side, because on every single thread of people making concise critics about the new familiar system you just extrapolates on things that you clearly don't understand (like how reboot works, its not that hard to understand, maybe read a little?).

If you want to say "I don't care I got mine" just say it, it's pretty obvious what are your intentions.

if that is what u got from the message then you are suffering from tunnel vision.

i read the patch notes as well as several threads talking about various topics related to the familar update unlike a lot of the people posting.
    i do know exactly how it works..

which is exactly why i have stipulations on why its not in reboot.

its not my problem if u do not want to accept it lmao.

you do realize that you can have on opinion even if u do not agree with the opinion right?

some people are so dense..

here let me help you out..
    instead of whining about it not being there..

why dont you stop and try to think about why nexon decided to NOT put red cards in.

when you can think of the other perspective you have a more well rounded opinion formed.
  • KrownopKrownop
    edited July 2020

if that is what u got from the message then you are suffering from tunnel vision.

i read the patch notes as well as several threads talking about various topics related to the familar update unlike a lot of the people posting.

you do realize that you can have on opinion even if u do not agree with the opinion right?

why dont you stop and try to think about why nexon decided to NOT put red cards in.

when you can think of the other perspective you have a more well rounded opinion formed.

Again, you seems the one having trouble with others people's opinions, every post you make is always downplaying peoples opinions or simply saying miss-informed stuff.
    If you want to defend nexon go ahead, but no one is taking you seriously, you are just shilling at this point and its kinda funny that when I call you out on how your making really bad faith arguments and defending people like Terror you seem to get really angry, so when someone disagrees with another person that (like Terror) you agree than that's not fair, but when its another person you agree with starts to insults peoples and lie, then thats okay for you, nice double standards, it's kinda embarrassing.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited July 2020

Again, you seems the one having trouble with others people's opinions, every post you make is always downplaying peoples opinions or simply saying miss-informed stuff.
    If you want to defend nexon go ahead, but no one is taking you seriously, you are just shilling at this point and its kinda funny that when I call you out on how your making really bad faith arguments and defending people like Terror you seem to get really angry, so when someone disagrees with another person that (like Terror) you agree than that's not fair, but when its another person you agree with starts to insults peoples and lie, then thats okay for you, nice double standards, it's kinda embarrassing.

in other words you don't have an answer.
    kthxbai
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited July 2020
    all im seeing is a bunch of word play from you. well. i will leave you to your delusions
  • KrownopKrownop
    edited July 2020
    all im seeing is a bunch of word play from you. well. i will leave you to your delusions

if you think I'm doing word play you are probably borderline illiterate
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited July 2020
    degenerate meta wouldnt happen if reboot had red cards
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited July 2020

if you think I'm doing word play you are probably borderline illiterate

good job also proving my point LOL.