[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DMT - Protest with your wallets.

Moi5tur1z3rMoi5tur1z3r
Reactions: 730
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It is unbelievable how incompetent this company is, and it is obvious based on their response to the outrage in the community over the past month that Nexon literally does not care about its playerbase.

Vote with your wallets. Stop buying cosmetics. It is the only chance anything will change.
JacaruWONDERGUYSlicedTimeTurtlesRock

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    A nice sentiment, but nothing ever comes of it. People always cry about "vote with your wallet" when things go pear-shaped, but then once dmt(ha) or marvel/philo or some-such comes around, they can't throw their money away fast enough.
  • KrownopKrownop
    Reactions: 825
    edited July 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    A nice sentiment, but nothing ever comes of it. People always cry about "vote with your wallet" when things go pear-shaped, but then once dmt(ha) or marvel/philo or some-such comes around, they can't throw their money away fast enough.

Yeah exactly, there's a lot of addicted whales playing this game, the type of addiction where you pretty have 0 self control. If you want to protest then be as annoying as possible for every person working in this game right now.
    Jacarupat159
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    Krownop wrote: »

Yeah exactly, there's a lot of addicted whales playing this game, the type of addiction where you pretty have 0 self control. If you want to protest then be as annoying as possible for every person working in this game right now.

It's not even addiction, it's more likely there are people who don't pay attention to the community side of things, who just play the game and spend money here and there as they decide to. Then you have the people that, regardless of what's going on, they're still gonna spend the money anyway. I'd bet there are more of those two types of people than there are "oh no I can't control myself and I've spent all of my money again" types.
  • KrownopKrownop
    Reactions: 825
    edited July 2020

It's not even addiction, it's more likely there are people who don't pay attention to the community side of things, who just play the game and spend money here and there as they decide to. Then you have the people that, regardless of what's going on, they're still gonna spend the money anyway. I'd bet there are more of those two types of people than there are "oh no I can't control myself and I've spent all of my money again" types.

I think its pretty hard for anyone to ignore, for example, lets suppose that you're a player that doesn't pay attention to the community and you saw in the official site about double miracle time, and then you start to farm like hell for DMT, but when the day comes the game just doesn't work at all, you can't use cubes, you can't buy cubes, you can't properly cc and you can just crash out of nowhere, that's abnormal, the player will go to the forums or discord to know what is happening, the only way that a player just shrug it off is if he/she didn't played any other online game, which is pretty hard considering that maplestory is not that popular anymore and you need to actively seek the game out.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    is not about protest ( some that post here and say yes the next day will throw thousands on one of the lootboxs in the next cs update and call you conspiracist or something after that )
    like most did with the new titels in both reboot and non-reboot right when game went live lol 35$ and nexon still somehow failed with that ... 7days instead of 30days like they said in their own notices (again shows that they dont test things) but it got quick fixed i guess ...
    the same who fight for f2p or meso only in reboot are the first with custom titles right now

also nexonNA lose revenue constantly each quarter and they dont care about that when nexon korea is sugardady anyway
    https://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/
    dsjEiUL.jpg
    hC1tJpR.jpg
    worst thing is they will just cut that child support and nexonNA will post closure with poor notice like they did with MS2...
    and we still dont know why MS2 endend so quick despite having decent player base size other then rumors that contacrts end from nexon korea

• pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited July 2020
    If you want to protest then be as annoying as possible for every person working in this game right now.

wait there's someone actually working on the game? all i see is people messing up the game, not "working" on it lol
    WONDERGUY
  • JelaniJelani
    Reactions: 475
    edited July 2020
    Anyone who spends a significant amount of money on this game was not effected by the failed DMT. They do not care. If you want to start a protest, then get all the players that don't spend money to band together and do something.