[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please Reconsider Compensation for Failed DMT

IcyMeiIcyMei
Reactions: 455
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Surely, if Nexon is smart enough to be embarrass by the second failed DMT attempt to feel the need to cancel the last two time slot, they would be just as embarrass to offer such a laughable compensation. At this point, I am past disappointed and even feel ashamed for the front line GM and mods that have to post these updates.

Like most, I was optimistic that Nexon will fix this and if not, they will at least properly compensate for the failed event but after seeing the final compensation communication, I was beyond speechless. How does one even think that the items in this bebe box would come close to being considered as reasonable compensation? 2x exp cards has nothing to do with DMT so why would you even put something like that in there? On top of that, for them to be 15 min cards is just insulting. Trait potion... how does that help make this failed DMT better for your players? Nothing disturbed me going more than that 5 symbols. Any daily on any given arcane island would have given us more than that pathetic 5 symbols your team so casually threw in there for fun. I'm not even going to mention those 2 "unique potential scrolls". Someone must have thought it would be funny to see our reaction after reading this because no matter how I look at this, I can't believe anyone in their right mind would think this is a good compensation.

Players are trying their hardest to reach out but it just doesn't seem like our voice is heard. The team wants to advertise Nexon as a company that cares about their player base with their maple "story" and encourage players to send their story in.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/59522/what-s-your-maplestory-magesticaily

Meanwhile, there is no communication to acknowledge that our suggestions were heard. I understand that there is a lot behind the scenes that might put Nexon in a position where many of our requests or suggestions may not be possible but a little transparency goes a long way.

With the last bit of confidence that is left in me, I, like many players hope this team will reconsider adjusting or changing this sad excuse of a compensation.

PS- I hope this reaches you Anna.

On the first memo you wrote introducing yourself to the community, you proudly shared the extensive experience you had along with assuring the players that you are here to make even better improvements to the game for NA. I'm sorry to say, I'm not impressed and I'm sure many in the Maple Community will agree. You didn't step forward to take on the responsibility of this failed event instead allowed your team members to take the bullets for you. When you finally did post again, on a memo that should have been there to inform reboot of a compensation, you decided to include updates of the burning world which excludes the very sever you are trying to appease. It was like a slap on the face reading that memo. When DMT round 2 failed, you were no were to be found (communication wise). Meanwhile, blame was being pushed around as to why DMT failed again rather than ownership of the failure. However, I will acknowledge the speed of action taken to mitigate the potential damage by ending DMT 2 early.

I can only hope that you will start utilizing more of your experience to better the gaming experience for the Maplestory Community. More memo updates from you in attempt to touch base with your target audiences might be a good place to start.
pat159

Comments

• pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited July 2020
    Well said, agree with you. Nexon employees keep saying everywhere that "our players' feedback is taken very seriously" but to be honest they don't give a rat's *** about their player's feedback.
  • JelaniJelani
    Reactions: 475
    edited July 2020
    They obviously don't care about Reboot.