[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Does Nexon even read this forum?

TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
Reactions: 1,845
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Because if they do, they definitely don't care about the feedback.

bic85suckuc51.png

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    They probably sift through the threads and forward anything of worth to their Korean counterparts.

Do you really think a dozen threads of ****posting and memes is worth forwarding? If it were me in that position, I certainly wouldn't forward threads that are full of omnidirectional ranting devoid of a focal point other than "nexon bad".

Also, a lack of presence does not necessarily correlate to a lack of attention.
    ShuryiAran
  • ShuryiAranShuryiAran
    Reactions: 450
    edited July 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    omnidirectional ranting devoid of a focal point other than "nexon bad".

Haha well said. But yes, I imagine it would be difficult for them to pick out reasonable requests/suggestions if it is among a sea of angry rants that don't get any real point across. They also had some cutbacks in personnel recently so, on top of not having a GMST (test server), it might be the reason we're having this many issues simultaneously. Right now GMS is at a critical turning point where they are reducing GMS-specific contents so as to make the game as similar to KMS/CMS/JMS as possible. I'm sure that a lot of the issues we're experiencing right now will be resolved within this year - they just need some time imo. Anna is a capable director and has brought a lot of good things to GMS, despite the limitations in resources and staff.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2020
    ShuryiAran wrote: »

I imagine it would be difficult for them to pick out reasonable requests/suggestions if it is among a sea of angry rants that don't get any real point across.

Problem is they don't even listen to reasonable requests, such as asking Nexon to tweak the revamped Phantom Forest, which has a plethora of objectively bad decisions that turn people off from bothering with the area, and has had a LOT of negative feedback that Nexon sweeps under the rug.

Right now GMS is at a critical turning point where they are reducing GMS-specific contents so as to make the game as similar to KMS/CMS/JMS as possible.

Except JMS and CMS have exclusive content too, and even still, what GMS-specific content did they remove? (I'll give you pottable badges) A lot of the content that was removed was also removed in JMS, CMS, and even TMS in some cases; those versions are also not immune to having their content removed either.

Anna is a capable director and has brought a lot of good things to GMS, despite the limitations in resources and staff.

Name one good thing she brought to GMS. I can name a few bad things:

1. The Masteria rework, especially the universally-panned Phantom Forest rework, which deserves its own comment explaining how awful it is.
    2. The nerf of Bye-Bye Station, which was a heavily used meso farming area in Reboot. Even though they added Maple Tour, the meso gain from that pales in comparison to grinding for mesos (also, whatever happened to adding Maple Tour passes in coin shops going forward?)
    3. The disastrous DMT that Reboot had to deal with. Granted, Reboot is even more populated than it used to be due to COVID, but Nexon not spreading DMT throughout the entire day as opposed to squishing it into 3 1-hour windows, and then pulling a Surprised Pikachu face when the second DMT suffers the exact same problem shows that Nexon had no idea how to properly deal with it.
    4. The Gollux rework, which sounded good on paper, but was implemented terribly. The limitations to Gollux entry, along with the change to Gollux's hitboxes and the yellow portal bug they still haven't fixed, make the boss battle much more cheap than it used to be, and even with the most recent coin change, I am 100% certain it will not be kept the way it is now. Even still, there is no reason why the Gollux rework should only apply to GMS; it should also apply to JMS, CMS, and TMS, none of this "pick and choose" nonsense.
    5. The familiar rework, which suffers a similar problem to the Gollux rework. Never mind the horrible implementation of it back in April, but making the system incredibly pay to win and not thinking about how Reboot players would be affected shows that there was no proper thought put into it.
    6. The change to the PIC system being required every time we access storage or the node master, which makes sense in Korea where PC bang cafes are immensely popular, but not in North America or Europe. This one is less bad than the others, but still an inconvenience to enter your PIC all the time when doing basic tasks.

A lot of these seem very Reboot-centric, and to some degree they are, but some of these extend to non-Reboot servers as well. Regardless, Nexon doesn't listen to either reasonable or unreasonable requests, and the main saving grace that GMS has had as of late was the influx of players who joined due to the pandemic.
  • ShuryiAranShuryiAran
    Reactions: 450
    edited August 2020
    Familiar rework was meant to eliminate a GMS-unique system for the sake of reducing compatibility issues when applying KMS/CMS/JMS patches to GMS. Same with byebye nerf, kishin nerf, etc. (i.e. patches that are meant to make GMS more similar to other servers, namely KMS, instead of keeping it as a separate stand-alone sort of system). If you've been paying any attention you'd know that the bulk of Nexon America personnel got either laid off or annexed to Nexon Korea because, not surprisingly, Nexon America didn't dominate the game market. So this sort of corporate administration is not only understandable but also most appropriate both for the sake of players and the company.

With Gollux it is obvious that Anna decided to adopt a change in the direction in which it was affecting game progression, particularly by making the boss harder to clear and its gears more difficult to obtain because, guess what, the Gollux gears are indeed overpowered and rightfully deserve that much difficulty. Masteria updates are along the same lines. I'm sorry to say this, but you are simply crying about how difficult these gears are to obtain rather than constructively criticizing the actual changes that have been made to these contents, which I among many others believe were for the better. In fact, I even see players in Reboot where the new Masteria gears are LEAST viable who actually do grind for these gears and were able to reach 17+ stars on them.

And now for the familiars. Sure, there was a small hiccup with the new system, and I even made a lengthy post about this in this very forum illustrating the issues with it and how they could be overcome. But Nexon did eventually fix the bug where epic familiars had unique lines and somewhat closed the gap between new and old players. I am happy with what they did, although I still believe red familiar cards should eventually be added to Reboot. More importantly, however, this happened precisely because we don't have a GMST, which could have easily prevented issues like this.

And there is at least one thing even you HAVE TO give credit for what she did. Here is the ban data from a week ago: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29163/ban-data-from-07-30-2020-08-05-2020
    I remember a time when the number of weekly bans would total 100k because of all the mass botters in non-reboot servers. And I certainly remember the time when everywhere I went during morass dailies I'd see aggregated mobs and randomly teleporting characters. After Anna took over, this sort of encounter gradually became less and less frequent, and now I don't see ANY hacker or botter at all at least in the Reboot world where I play. This is a HUGE improvement in the game and if you won't credit this to Anna I really just have to say all you're doing is, like aggraphine said, "omnidirectional ranting devoid of a focal point other than "nexon bad.""

But instead, why don't we just look at the end result: I have never seen the servers be this populated (both non-reboot and reboot) in years. Anna's work has somehow turned the game around to gain popular appeal yet again, which I thought was impossible with the previous director. You might say COVID19 was the culprit, causing everyone to stay home and play MS while keeping a social distance. Yes, this surely had to do with the massive influx of players recently, but being able to retain these players was more than just a happy coincidence. It was the work put in by the GMS team and Anna that allowed for such a change.