[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Very frequent disconnection & crashes

ShadowRikuShadowRiku
Reactions: 900
edited August 2020 in Tech Support
Level: 241

Name: FerrumFanta

Class: Kanna

World: Reboot NA

Hello there all,

Since reset earlier tonight I've been disconnecting every time I attack a mob now. It's gotten quite ridiculous as even another person attacking will cause me to crash as well.
Has anyone else been lagging like mad tonight or is it maybe just my bad luck?

I even updated my laptop to make sure that wasn't causing it by any chance but no dice.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2020
    Do you use steam or the nexon launcher? Have you tried repairing the game installation?

Launcher:
    2eGJWew.png

Steam:
    BN097SM.png
    (yes it's a different game, but the procedure remains the same)
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    edited August 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Do you use steam or the nexon launcher? Have you tried repairing the game installation?

Launcher:
    2eGJWew.png
    Steam:
    BN097SM.png
    (yes it's a different game, but the procedure remains the same)

Hello there,

Yes I have verified the integrity quite a few times. Each time it says it failed to verify three files then proceeds to redownload them.
    For some reason the game loads fine, but when I attack any monsters is when it crashes me completely. I have even tried compatability mode for Windows 7 and 8 to no avail.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2020
    If you've done it numerous times and it keeps finding three files it needs to download to fix things, yet it keeps crashing, I would almost want to suggest fully reinstalling the game to see if that helps.
    ShadowRiku
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    edited August 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    If you've done it numerous times and it keeps finding three files it needs to download to fix things, yet it keeps crashing, I would almost want to suggest fully reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

I've done that as well I'm afraid. I even downloaded and installed Maplestory via the Nexon Launcher but still no dice.
    I appreciate the help by the way.

At this point I'm just going to have to wait for maintenance to hopefully remedy my issue or Nexon support. :(

I can load the game just fine, but any monsters near me will lag and then the game closes with no error message.
    It's so bizarre, I've never had this issue before.
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    edited August 2020
    For now I've just submitted a ticket.

There's no live chat support right now so my options are quite limited...
  • OriginOfFateOriginOfFate
    Reactions: 375
    edited August 2020
    We've had disconnect / crash / memory leak / lag problems for months now. IIRC Nexon said they had fixed the issue within the last few weeks in an update, but they didn't. My problems are usually if I leave the game on for a couple hours doing things like dailies / training, and once I go on a boss run, I get a memory leak and crash and lose all my buffs. I wish Nexon would be able to fix it, it is pretty bad crashing and losing all my potions / guild buffs while bossing.

But your problem, the disconnect when attacking a mob, I've never had. That is actually 100% unplayable. Please Nexon, fix the memory leak / crash / disconnect / lag issues.