[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

One Month Anniversary...

KeishuoKeishuo
Reactions: 520
edited July 2020 in General Chat
Hi GMs/Fellow Maplers,

My IGN is Keishuo (Level 222 Bowmaster, Scania). On 1st July, my account was permanently banned for apparent use of “Hacking or Illegal use of 3rd party programs which I did not commit, and to this day, the ban is still in place.

I have been playing Maplestory since 2007 but stopped around 2013-2014 due to various reasons. I recently came back this year in May, like many, due to the worldwide situation, and started to really enjoy the game again; joining an awesome guild and slowly swapping outdated gear for new ones and preparing for end game content.
Grinding my way to level 200 by 2014 (before the time when it can take a couple of days to do!), I put a tonne of time on my characters. Each and every level was done legitimately, and I have never once thought about using illegal 3rd party programs or any such thing.

What happened in prior weeks to ban?

I restarted playing beginning of May, only doing daily quests and grinding levels whilst playing with friends. Like everyone, I was excited by the upcoming events like Spell Fever and DMT, so worked hard to prepare spell traces/cubes, little knowing the impending permanent ban. On the day it happened, I was Rise coin capping on my Mechanic in Future Perion (level 202 ish, buff duration!), and all of a sudden got disconnected, with the message that my account was permanently banned.

Ban Appeal Process

I really don’t know who to turn to for help as I was suspended from sending customer support tickets for trying to appeal the case (always in a polite/courteous manner) and bans are beyond the job scope for Discord mods. My friend wrote to customer support on 18th July on my behalf (https://imgur.com/fLvGENn) but was informed that only the account holder can appeal. As my customer support was banned and it had been two weeks with no communication from Nexon, all the while seeing many other innocent Maplers get their bans overturned, I decided to use my other account to seek help by sending one more ticket but was subsequently suspended from it immediately with no response.

Speculating as to possible reasons, but really completely out of ideas and at a loss:

- Playing in Europe, no restrictions
https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204080189-MapleStory-Region-Limitations
- Purchasing Karma Koin via Offgamers is allowed
https://www.karmakoin.com/retailers
- Other programs open while playing? Only things open (as always) were Chrome and Excel
- Lag issues-Possible, but been told ban appeal people look into this and resolve these quickly

Making a new account and starting over does not appeal at all, as the characters I made held sentimental value and I have acquired many items over the years which are not possible to get anymore. Moreover, I do not know the reason why my account got banned in the first place, so would be constantly fearful of a re-occurrence.

I guess the point of this post is to implore to the community for help/advice/support and hopefully get noticed by a GM willing to help, as I am deeply saddened by the way the case has been handled thus far and am happy to provide any and all information to get my account unbanned.
Hopefully, with your help, in the coming days I can update this post to say to you all:

“See you in game!” =)

Comments

• DoxZesDoxZes
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2020
    They would not answer you in here. They will probably tell you that this is wrong place and send you to make a ticket instead. Hopefully you will get a answer very soon from there.
  • KeishuoKeishuo
    edited August 2020
    DoxZes wrote: »
    They would not answer you in here. They will probably tell you that this is wrong place and send you to make a ticket instead. Hopefully you will get a answer very soon from there.

They may not reply here, but I am hoping they would at least reopen my ability to send in tickets to establish a dialog and resolve the case amicably. Currently suspended from customer support after trying to appeal the ban (after sending 4-5 tickets, always in a polite/courteous manner).
  • Sparta123Sparta123
    edited August 2020
    I am in a similar situation as you, I was banned around the time of this post http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28620/false-ban-reports-6-22 and I received a ban reason like yours and haven't been unbanned. I am level 275 rank #7 in bera and although they didn't remove my access to support, they don't reply to my tickets, they just close my tickets without replying. My friend also send a ticket about my account and they closed it without replying. Can't really do anything, maybe wait until live chat is back. I don't think anyone who actually has the power to do anything reads the forum but good luck.
  • KeishuoKeishuo
    edited August 2020
    Ouch, sorry for your loss. True, live chat seems to be only option left, been down for 4 months already, so hopefully up soon.

It should not be this difficult to get an innocent account unbanned, the process itself needs to be more straightforward/transparent!
  • SanpaiSanpai
    Reactions: 260
    edited August 2020
    Nexon doesn't wanna work hard.
    My friend got perma banned for just AFKing in town. They said he was hacking at the time of the ban, which i was there right next to him lol.
    Other friend got perma banned because she was sharing account detail with her bf. They wanted to make sure it's her and asked for her personal info(license, etc) which they can easily tell with the IP.
    But like i said, when Nexon bans you, they legit just blacklist you even if you aren't at fault. They just don't wanna work hard and actually see if people are innocent or not.
  • gathergather
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited August 2020
    Sanpai wrote: »
    Nexon doesn't wanna work hard.
    My friend got perma banned for just AFKing in town. They said he was hacking at the time of the ban, which i was there right next to him lol.
    Other friend got perma banned because she was sharing account detail with her bf. They wanted to make sure it's her and asked for her personal info(license, etc) which they can easily tell with the IP.
    But like i said, when Nexon bans you, they legit just blacklist you even if you aren't at fault. They just don't wanna work hard and actually see if people are innocent or not.

That happened to my guildie he got banned while afking in town.
  • KeishuoKeishuo
    edited August 2020
    That is really bad if they didn’t do anything wrong. Were they both eventually unbanned?
  • gathergather
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited September 2020
    Keishuo wrote: »
    That is really bad if they didn’t do anything wrong. Were they both eventually unbanned?

My guildie is still not unbanned.