[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A not so warm welcome back

CarumSarene2CarumSarene2
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
I disappear for six years, lose access to my account, and come back to what I expected to be a smooth welcome back. Sure, I expected to have trouble talking to admins about deleting all my old accounts since they're connected to dead emails I can no longer access, the abhorrently long download is something you never miss, I even expected it to be a good restart from ground zero. I just didn't expect things to go as horribly wrong as they did.

I come back to find that you cannot workaround the Nexon Launcher anymore. Now you're blocked from even trying. Whenever I try to open the game, it turns white and crashes. Simple, just go onto the page and try one of the fixes for it. I tried one, and another... I tried every single fix. I whitelisted every single application related to Nexon and MapleStory through both my firewall and McAffee, I repaired the installation twice. A hacker could literally see MapleStory as a grand canyon through my firewall. I set it to open as Admin on every app. Nothing. I'm still white and frozen. The only thing I haven't tried is something that isn't listed at all on the tech support site, opening the app through Windows 8 compatibility. I don't know if that'll work, but I'm going to give it a shot after posting this.

If there's anything else I can try, please let me know. I miss this game terribly...

EDIT: Changing the compatibility to Windows 8 did nothing.

Comments

• AutumnadoAutumnado
    Reactions: 200
    You're not alone. I've been struggling to launch the game for days now. I did manage to play it a few times without crashing though, but each time took some weird random and undefined solution based off of those pinned suggestions. I can't get back in today at all, no matter what I do.