[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Boss attempt only after killing boss, please

HasnotaHasnota
Reactions: 700
edited August 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
If we could have this as a feature I'd be forever grateful. I'm aware I'm not the first, nor the last, person to ask for this, but it would be a very welcome change to the game.
I have a very limited amount of time a day I can play, and that happens to fall around the time reset happens, so the servers are usually very active. It's saddening when I have a boss run going well only for my client to crash and miss out on my drops for the day.
  1. Should EXP for bosses be given at the end of the run similar to monster park runs?2 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (2 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2020
    Multi-part bosses are the problem here. If it only counts it as a run after you kill the boss, you could enter pink bean, zakum, and/or horntail on any difficulty, smack around all but the last part, then dip and re-enter for more exp.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Multi-part bosses are the problem here. If it only counts it as a run after you kill the boss, you could enter pink bean, zakum, and/or horntail on any difficulty, smack around all but the last part, then dip and re-enter for more exp.

Czak arms give little or no exp so they could implement that into the main boss for anything with multi phases, parts. Combine all potential exp and just total it into the final phase kill. I'd be ok with that.
  • HasnotaHasnota
    Reactions: 700
    edited August 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I could understand this being a concern, and I admit I could've added more detail to my post to help my reasoning for making it in the first place. I've seen the idea being thrown around that bosses with multiple phases or parts could be handled akin to monster park runs, so you cannot abuse simply farming Zakum's arms for exp, for example. I've been around for a very long time and I know people aren't always the nicest about these things, I'm just trying to have a somewhat positive discussion for ideas to help fix this problem, without adding much negativity to the topic.

As L4d2jpn said, I think the community as a whole would be okay with having all of the arms/parts be combined into total kill exp should it mean they wouldn't have to sweat dcing or being disconnected for reasons in the middle of a boss run.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2020
    Best way I can think of is to simply reappropriate the experience gained by individual parts and add it to the final kill. This would be a trivial matter for zakum and pink bean, as there's only one possible outcome to it(can't leave an arm or statue to kill last), but horntail might be a bit trickier considering the two map transitions before you ever reach the boss itself, combined with the fact that you can kill any part of horntail first or last.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2020
    You can utilize the overall health bar. I'm sure the drops are tied to if health==0 then drop items. The same can be done for exp distribution.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2020
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    You can utilize the overall health bar. I'm sure the drops are tied to if health==0 then drop items. The same can be done for exp distribution.

That's a good point; didn't think of that myself.
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited August 2020
    Players would just start carrying bosses every 30 minutes and leaving seconds before the end asking for a share on drops, mesos or less ToS-friendly compensation.
    Wasn't it the reason why it was re-designed to be at entry for the mid/late game bosses?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2020
    Prophetie wrote: »
    Players would just start carrying bosses every 30 minutes and leaving seconds before the end asking for a share on drops, mesos or less ToS-friendly compensation.
    Wasn't it the reason why it was re-designed to be at entry for the mid/late game bosses?

It is already the case that if the party you entered with clears the boss, it counts as a clear for you too, even if you left the party and the map before they cleared.
    That was done because KMS used the technique you describe to carry multiple parties through Chaos Root Abyss and other bosses that allow re-entry on failure.
    Prophetie