[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

lower star force enhancement cost

MargoVioletMargoViolet
Reactions: 820
edited August 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
title says it all. With the mesos rate so inflated it essentially costs 3-4knx (i.e. $3-4usd) per attempt after 15 stars @ a 30% success rate. Which means essentially, a lot less people are making 20+ star equips. The mesos rate has gone up significantly since the pricing for this was determined, and at this price point it just isn't realistic.
Either:
A ) Lower the price per attempt
B ) significantly increase the success rate for star enhancing in general.
TurtlesRock

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2020
    I'd wager kishin and the other spawn boosters are the primary reasoning behind starforce costs being what they are.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    edited August 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I'd wager kishin and the other spawn boosters are the primary reasoning behind starforce costs being what they are.

I mean if they looked @ how much mesos was being generated daily from mobs it would be a fraction today of what it was 4 months ago. Mainly because Nexon has done such a quality job getting rid of botters. and kudos to them. But if this actually is a long term fix of the mesos exploitation that was rampant during the creation of starforce pricing structure they should reevaluate the cost based off of not only how much mesos is being generated daily from mobs, but also the significant increase in the cost of mesos from the Mesos Market in the Free Market Entrance.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited August 2020
    Well there used to be quite a lot of meso on market. And when 25* sf was added to game there was huge botter problem aswell so they put 2x the kms prices. But now there's problem that basically botters have most of the meso in game and noone really buys anything when they are saving meso for sf. Botters are getting banned constantly and on normal servers the monsters aren't really dropping that much meso (without insane drop rate takes couple of hours for 1 sf attempt for 15+). And well kms AH stuff is more expensive than in gms and kms meso is actually cheaper so something isn't really right.
    Mesos are basically bound to huge playerbase and you can't really get anything by soloing and when playerbase is decreasing it causes chaos.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited August 2020
    If StrategyWiki and Maplestory Statistics Star Force at amph.shinyapps is correct compared to KMS and MapleSEA, GMS Star Force costs are higher by 80% (15 -> 18), 90% (18- > 20), and 100% (20 -> 25).

What this means is despite the mesos rates may be farmed the same, we pay more mesos than the average Korean or SEA player past 15 stars.

From my view angle that wouldn't make too sense. (EDIT: This portion was wrong, they actually have worse spawn intervals with Kishin Shoukan (5400ms) vs Wild Totem (4320ms)) MapleSEA has the original Kishin Shoukan at the same strength of Frenzy Totem according to MapleWiki. Instead they got one of the most broken events related to Star Forcing: The Guardian Angel Event.

In other regions like TMS has the ability to Star Force using Star Tokens or mesos which don't apply to us. CMS are forced to use the Star Token system which also don't apply to us.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    edited August 2020
    If StrategyWiki and Maplestory Statistics Star Force at amph.shinyapps is correct compared to KMS and MapleSEA, GMS Star Force costs are higher by 80% (15 -> 18), 90% (18- > 20), and 100% (20 -> 25).

What this means is despite the mesos rates may be farmed the same, we pay more mesos than the average Korean or SEA player past 15 stars.

From my view angle that wouldn't make too sense. MapleSEA has the original Kishin Shoukan at the same strength of Frenzy Totem according to MapleWiki. Instead they got one of the most broken events related to Star Forcing: The Guardian Angel Event.

In other regions like TMS has the ability to Star Force using Star Tokens or mesos which don't apply to us. CMS are forced to use the Star Token system which also don't apply to us.

I agree, but in the past the GMS economy has been so heavily exploited by botters compared to the likes of KMS that the price increase kind of made sense, but now the mesos rate has literally gone up over 2000% since that decision was made. I am not pulling that stat out of thin air either. 1billion mesos was equivalent to less than $1 USD less than a year ago. You cant buy 1bill from the mesos market for less than 20,000 maple points (equiv. $20 usd). Either the cost per star enhancement try needs to go down substantially or the success chance needs to increase
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited August 2020
    I agree, but in the past the GMS economy has been so heavily exploited by botters compared to the likes of KMS that the price increase kind of made sense, but now the mesos rate has literally gone up over 2000% since that decision was made. I am not pulling that stat out of thin air either. 1billion mesos was equivalent to less than $1 USD less than a year ago. You cant buy 1bill from the mesos market for less than 20,000 maple points (equiv. $20 usd). Either the cost per star enhancement try needs to go down substantially or the success chance needs to increase
    I'm aware the Mesos Market rates have changed from 1k/1B to 21k/1B within the past year. However MapleSEA has their own equivalent of botters yet they have the same KMS Star Force costs. Before the Guardian Angel event their Mesos Market rates were 40k/1B and now they are 10k/1B. TMS may have 4x the mesos costs for Star Force in comparison to KMS but they have access to Star Tokens (via NX). The other region being CMS (or known as the hell mode region for MapleStory) has the worst star force success who are also forced to use Star Tokens (via NX) and not mesos. Even though it may seem supply and demand is in control by the players that's not the case. Whoever is in charge of MapleStory can drastically change the game and meta through values whether it being cost or success rate for the better or the worse.

Most of our players are from the fact that they can enjoy a game like this even though GMS serviced regions are not popular for MapleStory. This means they are competing against other titles being released day by day or has been running for awhile that can satisfy via instant gratification. MapleStory on the other hand is an MMO that works on mainly persistence through grinding. The endless grind of repeating the same content over and over can only work so much before other players get bored of it which is one of the reasons why MS2 shut down (the other being money).

I don't think the success/fail rates will change because all regions besides CMS have the same outside of events. I do believe that the Star Force costs for mesos need to be reduced.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2020
    I'd just like to know what is nexon's expected rate of progress for the playerbase? Is it 1 year per equip to 22*, a few months, multiple years?
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited August 2020
    I second the idea of lowering enhance cost.. it's crazy how much enhancement costs, the amount of mesos needed is just ridiculous! I want better equips to fight stronger monsters for better drops, solo.
  • JackBanditJackBandit
    Reactions: 625
    edited August 2020
    I feel like besides enhancement costs being insane, the higher meso rate is actually better for free to play people.

I think in a sense it was done to slow progression like a lot of other changes they seem to make in effort to retain players. Before this change, a lot of people were able to 22 star everything and would pay to win potential and after several months of doing so, they would probably more than likely get bored and quit especially if they invested a lot money wise and still did not regularly clear hard boss content.

I think its obvious progression keeps people playing. Though the SF system sucks, I think the tradeoff is now getting potential and bpot is actually possible for free to play people. In the past, bpot usually was not an option and was extremely pricey. Now a days you can train and slowly loot enough money to buy nx from the meso market.

Also, arcanes armors and weapons are now relatively cheap meso wise and are more widely available to free to play people who would not have been able to accumulate tens of billions of mesos in the past by legitimate means.

With gears being so "cheap" meso wise, it gives an incentive for higher level players to actually level and farm more mesos and makes the game less pay to win as illicitly buying the gear with money will cost more than it would have in the past.

I think the main point is that by getting rid of bots, the value of grinding for mesos has exponentially increased as now they actually hold value and it makes the game more free to play friendly while simultaneously less pay to win. Sure progression will be more of a grind but that is the way the game was intended to be upon release.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    edited August 2020
    JackBandit wrote: »
    I feel like besides enhancement costs being insane, the higher meso rate is actually better for free to play people.

I think in a sense it was done to slow progression like a lot of other changes they seem to make in effort to retain players. Before this change, a lot of people were able to 22 star everything and would pay to win potential and after several months of doing so, they would probably more than likely get bored and quit especially if they invested a lot money wise and still did not regularly clear hard boss content.

I think its obvious progression keeps people playing. Though the SF system sucks, I think the tradeoff is now getting potential and bpot is actually possible for free to play people. In the past, bpot usually was not an option and was extremely pricey. Now a days you can train and slowly loot enough money to buy nx from the meso market.

Also, arcanes armors and weapons are now relatively cheap meso wise and are more widely available to free to play people who would not have been able to accumulate tens of billions of mesos in the past by legitimate means.

With gears being so "cheap" meso wise, it gives an incentive for higher level players to actually level and farm more mesos and makes the game less pay to win as illicitly buying the gear with money will cost more than it would have in the past.

I think the main point is that by getting rid of bots, the value of grinding for mesos has exponentially increased as now they actually hold value and it makes the game more free to play friendly while simultaneously less pay to win. Sure progression will be more of a grind but that is the way the game was intended to be upon release.

I think generally you're right. Mesos being more valuable is good for FTP players. BUT The main flaw in this line of thinking is that if you're level 230+, you are more than likely paying for Frenzy service while training, and if you're paying for frenzy service, you aren't really profitting mesos from your training sessions. I know some people can farm a few hundred mill/hr from training but they usually are riddled with %mesos and %drop gear. The wild totem is less effective and has a limit to how much you can buy. And Personally I can tell you 240+ its taking me above 10 hours to level with ALL my EXP buffs.

• JackBanditJackBandit
    Reactions: 625
    edited August 2020
    JackBandit wrote: »

I think generally you're right. Mesos being more valuable is good for FTP players. BUT The main flaw in this line of thinking is that if you're level 230+, you are more than likely paying for Frenzy service while training, and if you're paying for frenzy service, you aren't really profitting mesos from your training sessions. I know some people can farm a few hundred mill/hr from training but they usually are riddled with %mesos and %drop gear. The wild totem is less effective and has a limit to how much you can buy. And Personally I can tell you 240+ its taking me above 10 hours to level with ALL my EXP buffs.

I disagree with this. If you have meso gear and use meso drop buffs you can easily farm hundreds of millions to billions in individual training sessions. I have a friend that is past 250+ and was able to farm 11 bil in mesos in just one week after paying for the full week worth of frenzy service. 11 billion in mesos on a regular server goes a very long way and can even come close to enabling one to buying lower tier 22 starred gear on the market being sold for less than what it would cost to self 22 star gear.