[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't launch the game on Steam

AutumnadoAutumnado
Reactions: 200
in Tech Support
I'm just another person who can't play the game, wants to, but keeps getting a white, frozen maplestory window on launch.

I've tried everything here http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/21466/possible-solutions-maplestory-not-launching but nothing seems to work in a concrete manner. Over the past week, I did manage to play the game maybe 3 or 4 times, but it took a long time and by doing random things from the link above to get it to work those times.

Today however, nothings working and I've tried for about 8 hours on and off now (pretty 'great' way to spend a weekend /s). And as someone who tried to get back into the game for years now, I remember this still being a problem years back, and googling for answers has shown me that I'm very much not alone with this problem.

My question is, why is there no fix for this? I know the games old, but I hope to god that it's seriously not running on Windows XP servers/code or some sort of nightmare web of code using cascades of if statements only relevant on older hardware. Please someone tell me that there is in fact an 11th solution to this problem that works 100% of the time so I can play the game again.

Comments

• EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited August 2020
    after recent windows 10 update which I did today, the launching screen is all white and not responding.
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited August 2020
    Maybe ask Nexon to unlink your account from steam and attach an new email to the account so you can play through regular nexon launcher instead ? I did this when still played MS2 and had issues seen the promo from Premium Twitch and could not receive it due to have used a Steam Account to play Maple .
  • StevenCStevenC
    Reactions: 600
    edited August 2020
    Same Problem
    the arrow keep spin and not responding
    I already re-downloading the game and its same problem.