[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

kinda sad about the celestial event lackness

yukimoriyukimori
Reactions: 1,155
edited August 2020 in General Chat
the event looks pretty thats for sure... but im kinda disapointed for the lack of A COIN SHOP : there could have been some nice chair for this event and the lack of options for collecting point.
even that and giant barely gves points: while all the other eventssimiliar to that in the previous event and in anniverssary.. we got 10 coins for every 100 points score when we damged them... but now it only give 1 coin per 30 dmg point so instead of getting 50 coins for 500 dmg point, i get freaking 16 coin o-o like why would they do that.. this event has so much potential if only we had some nice games & a coin shop ..
even that wheel of cassandra is so weird..
whats the point in collecting all those coins if theres no coin shop: not to mention that the RANK UP rewards are rly useless compared to previous rank rewards and it even say that its : either a perk OR a rewards in the notes "Each time you rank up, you will receive a rank up reward or an additional perk."

is anyone else feels like they could have done a bit more for this event ?

they could have given us the event the korean game did after RISE event (becuz the fairy bros attandance check in the korean version is after the rise event) like the pink bean world event https://orangemushroom.net/2020/03/25/kms-ver-1-2-332-skill-balancing-pink-bean-world/ https://orangemushroom.net/2020/02/26/kms-ver-1-2-331-mvp/
even the burning world event was supposed to be after the rise event (in kms this event comes after rise, why cant gms at least keep the schedual of the event chronoligical, they even added another invetory so the equpi cash items will go there instead of taking place in the equip)

Comments

• ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited August 2020
    You can't compare a bonus event to anniversaries and summer/winter patch events.
    Still, a coin shop would give you 20 symbols/node a week per world while this event gives you an 80-120 extra symbols and up to 30-60 nodes per character PER DAY during the last three weeks. Along with a passive 25% exp and extra symbols per dailies from the skills
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2020
    This event is literally filler. On top of that, if you were to choose it, you can have several weeks of double arcane symbol rewards from dailies, increasing to triple later on. On top of apparently just throwing nodestones all over the place as well.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited September 2020
    yukimori wrote: »
    the event looks pretty thats for sure... but im kinda disapointed for the lack of A COIN SHOP : there could have been some nice chair for this event and the lack of options for collecting point.
    even that and giant barely gves points: while all the other eventssimiliar to that in the previous event and in anniverssary.. we got 10 coins for every 100 points score when we damged them... but now it only give 1 coin per 30 dmg point so instead of getting 50 coins for 500 dmg point, i get freaking 16 coin o-o like why would they do that.. this event has so much potential if only we had some nice games & a coin shop ..
    even that wheel of cassandra is so weird..
    whats the point in collecting all those coins if theres no coin shop: not to mention that the RANK UP rewards are rly useless compared to previous rank rewards and it even say that its : either a perk OR a rewards in the notes "Each time you rank up, you will receive a rank up reward or an additional perk."

is anyone else feels like they could have done a bit more for this event ?

they could have given us the event the korean game did after RISE event (becuz the fairy bros attandance check in the korean version is after the rise event) like the pink bean world event https://orangemushroom.net/2020/03/25/kms-ver-1-2-332-skill-balancing-pink-bean-world/ https://orangemushroom.net/2020/02/26/kms-ver-1-2-331-mvp/
    even the burning world event was supposed to be after the rise event (in kms this event comes after rise, why cant gms at least keep the schedual of the event chronoligical, they even added another invetory so the equpi cash items will go there instead of taking place in the equip)

In this event you have

1. Utah's Farm 2.0 to power level your legion/links
    2. Starforce saftezone
    3. Perk to convert and transfer your weapon, 2ndary or emblem to another character on your account
    4. Perk to get extra symbols and bunch of nodestones
    5. Bunch of exp perks to help you level your +200 level main
    6. Fairybro that finally released unit dmg skin to GMS.

This event is legit objectively pretty fkin good. You can choose to power level your legion/link, level your high level main, strengthen your secondary main with tons of symbol and nodestones, or switch your main without having to make new emblem. Even though this is usually the time when we get minor filler events LIKE pink bean event, we're getting an event that has some contents that only showed in major events and even some that KMS would kill for, like utah farm 2.0 and emblem transfer. Sure, the method of point collection is lacking due to not having "hunting mob near your level" method, but they make up for it by not having coin shop to desperately need points for and daily limit being only 100 points. Capping point is honestly not that bad. I just run one of my legion mules in umbra, get daily 30 princess orb, and sit on air balloon for couple hours to get max points. Coin shop events ALWAYS come back within couple months, but this event has some $hit that probably won't come back for a long time, if not never. Enjoy it while you can.
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited September 2020
    May I know how long it took you to be on the balloon to max point after princess orb and umbra?
    I mean, sure chances are I won't turn off my pc or maple running in the background, but I guess it is still annoying if I need to wait 8 hours? lol

Thanks.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2020
    Lackness? this is one of the best events ever released , you can lv up your main, lv up your mules, get topns of symbols and nodestones, the progression that this event allows is insane.
    Im so happy about this event
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited September 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    This event is literally filler. On top of that, if you were to choose it, you can have several weeks of double arcane symbol rewards from dailies, increasing to triple later on. On top of apparently just throwing nodestones all over the place as well.

HA that is why anyone who is playing catch up on the arcane symbols is happy they are getting 3X symbols and I have not had this kinda steady exp grinding for 250+ in a long time since Nexon is really really holding back on the 2X cs exp coupons for 250+. I want them to keep this event around another 2 weeks+ if not more It is BARELY making it worth while to start leveling again on my main but i have here and there and it is sooo slow still yet... I am now a father of 3 and a new born son is a lot of work and my only window to level my main is on my parental leave right now, I may skip it cause still too time consuming to grind 255+ lol.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020

HA that is why anyone who is playing catch up on the arcane symbols is happy they are getting 3X symbols and I have not had this kinda steady exp grinding for 250+ in a long time since Nexon is really really holding back on the 2X cs exp coupons for 250+. I want them to keep this event around another 2 weeks+ if not more It is BARELY making it worth while to start leveling again on my main but i have here and there and it is sooo slow still yet... I am now a father of 3 and a new born son is a lot of work and my only window to level my main is on my parental leave right now, I may skip it cause still too time consuming to grind 255+ lol.

Why are you replying to a post of mine from almost four weeks ago? None of what you have to say is relevant enough to the original post that you've quoted.

Also, I hope you've gotten some kind of professional support by now to deal with the addiction issues you've made clear in a number of posts that you have.

Final note: I don't care about your kids, I have no vested interested in the fact that you're unable to pull yourself away from this game to care for your children. Why do you bring this up so frequently? Are you trying to score pity points? Should people feel bad for you that your poor underleveled main has to be neglected because you allegedly have children?
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited September 2020
    i am very happy this event is not repetitive 2-3 month no life coin farming, Gonna pass hard on that BS.

this event provides something useless for many types of players if you do not find it useful just do not participate. simple as that.

also maybe take a jab at reading patch notes once in a while?
    JettLuvsU
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited September 2020

Why are you replying to a post of mine from almost four weeks ago? None of what you have to say is relevant enough to the original post that you've quoted.

Also, I hope you've gotten some kind of professional support by now to deal with the addiction issues you've made clear in a number of posts that you have.

Final note: I don't care about your kids, I have no vested interested in the fact that you're unable to pull yourself away from this game to care for your children. Why do you bring this up so frequently? Are you trying to score pity points? Should people feel bad for you that your poor underleveled main has to be neglected because you allegedly have children?

I know you don't care about any one but yourself. I am enjoying my time off, kids back to school and you go right to low blows, I am addicted to many things in life.... anything I enjoy in fact. Clearly, you don't have any thing enjoyable in your life except to reply with such malicious comments, have a good day. this topic is relevenent as it is posted this month sept 9th and was still on the 1st page, so thx for that, this is NOT an old thread and the celestial event is on going.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020
    I care about plenty of things besides myself. Your children, however, I am under no obligation to care about them.. Mentioning them in the course of a post while griping about not having enough time to play a stupid video game just comes off like you're trying to score sympathy points.

"Oh no the poor responsible adult with children and familial obligations doesn't have enough free time to play a dumb mushroom video game, woe is him"

Anyway, since you've caused this thread to be derailed, I don't see it remaining unlocked for very much longer.
  • NotSchitzoNotSchitzo
    Reactions: 100
    edited September 2020
    Honestly this event was one of my favorite from the past 4 months. I was able to go from 1,6XX Legion to 3,895 Legion and advance a ton of link skills simply due to Umbra. I went from 2 level 200 characters to 5 and have 2 more in the 190s about to hit 200. To me at least this was better than any alternative coin shop. I am lost on what the new event is. Astral ended yesterday and I don't see a single post about what the current event will be... kinda lame. I have nothing to do for 6 hours a day now.
  • AlfadorAlfador
    Reactions: 100
    edited September 2020
    I care about plenty of things besides myself. Your children, however, I am under no obligation to care about them.. Mentioning them in the course of a post while griping about not having enough time to play a stupid video game just comes off like you're trying to score sympathy points.

"Oh no the poor responsible adult with children and familial obligations doesn't have enough free time to play a dumb mushroom video game, woe is him"

Anyway, since you've caused this thread to be derailed, I don't see it remaining unlocked for very much longer.

When did u first realize you are an ****?