[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

more perma beginner friendly content

Mik3yMik3y
Reactions: 300
as title states there's pretty much lack of new stuff for permanent beginners compared to past event items which are no longer able to be obtained such as pocket slot expansion coupons or we were able to get it from the excessively charming quest, and common gear which was helpful for us plus people also liked them for anvil aesthetics. it would be nice to see stuff like that brought back as for there is a permanent beginner community who actually enjoy playing their beginners rather than jobbed characters

Comments

• TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited September 2020
    I think the fact that you cant get into Arcane River as a beginner is a pretty good indication as to where the beginner community stands for Nexon.
  • Mik3yMik3y
    edited September 2020
    Trystarr wrote: »
    I think the fact that you cant get into Arcane River as a beginner is a pretty good indication as to where the beginner community stands for Nexon.

while nexon does tend to push for more fifth job content now adays and no actual equipment from events, mainly just cash shop equips/chairs/scrolls etc, it wouldn't hurt for them to change the way they give us pocket slots and link skills as the permanent beginners were able too
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited September 2020
    In-game achievement for reaching level 200 and 250 on Beginners, Noblesse, Citizens and Legends point in a different direction

Regardless, there's no drawback to letting beginners claim their emblem, pocket slot and use Link Skills given teleport is already disabled in areas where the Mercedes Link Skill could cause "issues".
    In fact, allowing them to teleport out might even be beneficial as people wouldn't exploit customer support to create special characters like bowginners, perma demon and others.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    Prophetie wrote: »
    In-game achievement for reaching level 200 and 250 on Beginners, Noblesse, Citizens and Legends point in a different direction

In-game achievements for wasting your time on something pointless are a way to say "congratulations on wasting your time on something pointless". They do not point toward "we enjoy the people who never job advance"
  • Mik3yMik3y
    edited September 2020

Regardless, there's no drawback to letting beginners claim their emblem, pocket slot and use Link Skills given teleport is already disabled in areas where the Mercedes Link Skill could cause "issues".
    In fact, allowing them to teleport out might even be beneficial as people wouldn't exploit customer support to create special characters like bowginners, perma demon and others.

i agree, its not game breaking in any form
    Aggraphine wrote: »

In-game achievements for wasting your time on something pointless are a way to say "congratulations on wasting your time on something pointless". They do not point toward "we enjoy the people who never job advance"

and i agree it is pointless but i think they were just using that as an example.. while it being the only acknowledgement of beginners is just achievement it is pointless.
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited October 2020

Isn't there an achievement for making 10 level 200's of the same class also?

Perma beginners in maple are like people practicing abstinence in western culture.. Everyone respects free choice, but everyone can't help but wonder why (LOL such a good analogy).