[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Returning Player Alert!

LaVeyWakasLaVeyWakas
Reactions: 400
edited September 2020 in General Chat
Thanks to the amazing Nexon staff. GM "Kwark" and GM "Temministas" I've accomplished regaining my old account back after 8 years!!!!!
Im looking for anyone to play with preferably 21+ on whatever server Windia is now!
My in game experience goes from age 10-19 then here i am again at 27. Yeah im getting to old to play but Nostalgia at its finest. >:D If i remember correctly i'm a 156 Dual Blade by the name of GilesXll.
Feel free to add me if you want to get down and do some crazy stuff!
Also willing to help anyone who needs help with anything.

*UPDATE* I've been moved to the Aurora server in my absense. Can anyone tell me how active it is? Can i still pay to switch to another server if i need to?
  1. Should we do more to appreciate our Game Staff?2 votes
    1. I have an idea!
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Lets give them an unofficial maple holiday for all their hard work!
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Make a sub threat to show appreciation and support!
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Support each other and build a stronger community for our staff
       50% (1 vote)
    5. im just a baked bean.
       50% (1 vote)

Comments

• DrakendorDrakendor
    Reactions: 310
    edited September 2020
    Hey bud! I'm kind of in the same situation, except I didn't bother to get my old account back, so I'm starting fresh hehe. I played back in the day also, but was so noob i didn't get past like lv.60 (not for lack of trying :C). If you want, add me in-game, I'm in need of having more than 0 friends xD. (IGN: Drakendor)
    LaVeyWakas
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    Best advice I can give is, if anything you know about the game is from greater than eight years ago, consider it to be wrong.

That said, take things at your own pace, don't rush to get everything done all at once, good luck.
  • LaVeyWakasLaVeyWakas
    edited September 2020
    Drakendor wrote: »
    Hey bud! I'm kind of in the same situation, except I didn't bother to get my old account back, so I'm starting fresh hehe. I played back in the day also, but was so noob i didn't get past like lv.60 (not for lack of trying :C). If you want, add me in-game, I'm in need of having more than 0 friends xD. (IGN: Drakendor)

I'll be sure to add you. We will get some stuff done. >:D
  • LaVeyWakasLaVeyWakas
    edited September 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Best advice I can give is, if anything you know about the game is from greater than eight years ago, consider it to be wrong.

That said, take things at your own pace, don't rush to get everything done all at once, good luck.

Yeah i've noticed a few differences on youtube. Especially a much larger abundance of classes. I was already use to CRA gears and so on though as well as the new world after big bang. Im sure theres a lot of new things i don't quite know about though. I know theres a TON of new classes. just waiting on the game to download aha.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020
    As far as choosing a main goes, the only advice to be offered there is to simply try out a bunch of classes. With over 40 of the stupid things, I'm sure you'll find one that clicks just right for you.

That is, unless you're still content with where dual blades currently are.
  • LaVeyWakasLaVeyWakas
    edited September 2020
    As far as choosing a main goes, the only advice to be offered there is to simply try out a bunch of classes. With over 40 of the stupid things, I'm sure you'll find one that clicks just right for you.

That is, unless you're still content with where dual blades currently are.

Im not sure how dual blades are now honestly. I've looked at a Shadower Video and seen a huge difference in style all together. Not even the same Shadower i use to know ]: lol.
    But i'll continue my dual blade because i have a LOT invested into this one character. Can you tell me of Aurora is active and if not can i still pay for a server change?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020
    Aurora is... well, if we're comparing it to bera or reboot, it's not doing so hot. But it's not like it's dead and barren and you'd be the only person playing there. That said, you haven't been able to pay for a server transfer for a good number of years now(I've been here for around six now, and I'm pretty sure they were gone a while before that). Bera is the most populated below reboot, and that's only because of a more-or-less communal agreement about two or so years ago to all dogpile onto one server. There had been grumblings for ages that a number of worlds were dead and, as far as players could see, nexon never really seemed interested in doing anything about it, so everyone decided to fix it themselves and cram into the one server.

All that being as it is, what you've invested into the character, outside of legacy items, is probably peanuts nowadays.

Also, shadower is getting a long-needed fix very soon(relative to patch cycles anyway). Apparently their mobbing skill boomerang stab had never had attack speed modifiers applied to it. That's being rectified.
  • LaVeyWakasLaVeyWakas
    edited September 2020
    Aurora is... well, if we're comparing it to bera or reboot, it's not doing so hot. But it's not like it's dead and barren and you'd be the only person playing there. That said, you haven't been able to pay for a server transfer for a good number of years now(I've been here for around six now, and I'm pretty sure they were gone a while before that). Bera is the most populated below reboot, and that's only because of a more-or-less communal agreement about two or so years ago to all dogpile onto one server. There had been grumblings for ages that a number of worlds were dead and, as far as players could see, nexon never really seemed interested in doing anything about it, so everyone decided to fix it themselves and cram into the one server.

All that being as it is, what you've invested into the character, outside of legacy items, is probably peanuts nowadays.

Also, shadower is getting a long-needed fix very soon(relative to patch cycles anyway). Apparently their mobbing skill boomerang stab had never had attack speed modifiers applied to it. That's being rectified.

Oh wow so character transfers are out of the question now? Trying to think of a way to put this without negativity but negativity its self says to much. D:<
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020
    I forgot to mention, but it's also fairly trivial nowadays to get to the level your current character is at. So a full restart on a new world would not be as horrible as it may've been ten or more years ago.
  • DoctorPropN1DoctorPropN1
    Doctorpropn1#1435 add me bro im just making a comeback too
  • LaVeyWakasLaVeyWakas
    edited October 2020
    WHats your IGN?