[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event Hall unusable due to lag!

sparebladespareblade
Reactions: 1,220
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
Upon entering the Event Hall, I am immediately hit with massive lag. Frame rate drops to nothing. I'm unable to move or click on any of the NPCs to start a quest. This lag started several patches previously, and steadily grown worse. Now it's at the point where I cannot enter to begin any quests. I have zero lag everywhere else in the game.

This happened previously with the Event Hall, due to the old NPCs only being hidden, but the code for them remaining. All that extraneous code causes the lag! This really needs to be fixed. Or at least move the Magical Mortar Bunny out of the Event Hall and to major towns so I can do the Jewel Crafting!
Lilyflower

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    ur not the only one it happens to everyone i suggest to avoid going to event hall due to nexon not fixing anything -.-''.
    BIackbeanspareblade
  • sparebladespareblade
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Glad it's not just me. Here's to hoping it gets fixed before the event ends :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The Magic Mortar Bunny will appear in towns (Henesys and Leafre, at least) when the event starts, on the 9th (according to the in-game calendar).

The only event NPC in Event Hall right now is Pipsqueak Zakum, and you can talk to him through the Star notifier. No need to go into Event Hall for anything.
    spareblade
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    i dont seem to experience the lag strangely enough.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

On which character(s)?

Some people have observed that the lag is much worse on "old" or "main" characters than on "new" or "mule" chars. The cause might have to do with which and how many quests you have completed or have in progress, or with what items (or how many items) you have in your inventory.
  • DFHDFH
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

On which character(s)?

Some people have observed that the lag is much worse on "old" or "main" characters than on "new" or "mule" chars. The cause might have to do with which and how many quests you have completed or have in progress, or with what items (or how many items) you have in your inventory.
    i think i just had a Deja-Vu

i suggested a workaround on this thread http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/10797/#Comment_10797
    let's just wait a couple years for nexon to try it
  • sparebladespareblade
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The Magic Mortar Bunny will appear in towns (Henesys and Leafre, at least) when the event starts, on the 9th (according to the in-game calendar).

The only event NPC in Event Hall right now is Pipsqueak Zakum, and you can talk to him through the Star notifier. No need to go into Event Hall for anything.
    For real? That's the best news I've heard in ages. Thank you. I didn't actually check the in-game calendar... patch notes said it had started. Guess it was wrong, as per usual as of late.