[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ban this botter please.

NicholasBNicholasB
Reactions: 1,195
edited October 2020 in General Chat
Hi, there's an annoying botter in Henesys, I've already reported him 3 days ago but he is still here (exactly the same one, I've saved and checked his IGN).

He's right here in Ch 1 Henesys, nexon I understand you don't care that much but still, please take care of him.

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Reactions: 1,670
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Have you submitted a report/ticket via Nexon's Customer Support site, or just the in-game report option?

Here's their Customer Support page:
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited October 2020
    Korore wrote: »
    Have you submitted a report/ticket via Nexon's Customer Support site, or just the in-game report option?

I used to do that when I was younger, but as of today, I'm much smarter than when I was a kid and I realized that the tickets are completely useless.
    And what's the point of doing that if the botter will come back with a new account the next day....? I don't really have the time to submit tickets every single day, lol.

I just hope that nexon will finally take a step forward and just focus on banning these botters in henesys, they've been there for 15+ years now... but hear me out, once a botter got banned, our guild HQ (Henesys) became a peaceful place for like 1-2 days, so don't you think a GM can just check out Henesys once a day or 2 days for just few minutes? how long will it take a GM to ban 1 little botter in Henesys? 60 seconds to log on and ban him? probably less than 60 seconds....

All we need is just 1 GM to do the job, only for 60 seconds, that's it.
  • JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited October 2020
    NicholasB wrote: »

I used to do that when I was younger, but as of today, I'm much smarter than when I was a kid and I realized that the tickets are completely useless.
    And what's the point of doing that if the botter will come back with a new account the next day....? I don't really have the time to submit tickets every single day, lol.

I just hope that nexon will finally take a step forward and just focus on banning these botters in henesys, they've been there for 15+ years now... but hear me out, once a botter got banned, our guild HQ (Henesys) became a peaceful place for like 1-2 days, so don't you think a GM can just check out Henesys once a day or 2 days for just few minutes? how long will it take a GM to ban 1 little botter in Henesys? 60 seconds to log on and ban him? probably less than 60 seconds....

First of all are you talking about the mesos selling bots or other advertisment bots? I presume you are since you're talking about botters in Henesys. So if that's the case then you really don't understand how these things work do you? These botters are not really made by a sole person they are run by a small group of people who have programs to constantly generate botters after botters. incase one gets banned another is remade and popped up that second. Nexon banning these botters will do virtually nothing to stop them. That's the sad part of mmos especially f2p ones since these hackers have no risk involved in making them. Yes, they are annoying to come by and yes security could be a lot better but theirs really only so much they can do. It's impossible to fully stop them for the reasons I just mentioned. The only thing they can do is slow down the process for them. Even if Nexon decides to patch up these updates it will only cause them to stop botting for a few days or so until they find a way to break through again. This is a f2p game and thus it's something you need to just learn to deal with. Send the tickets in if you want to and report them but that's all you can do and all Nexon can do is slow them down. Since these bots are made by programs not a sole person.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited October 2020
    Joint wrote: »

First of all are you talking about the mesos selling bots or other advertisment bots? I presume you are since you're talking about botters in Henesys. So if that's the case then you really don't understand how these things work do you? These botters are not really made by a sole person they are run by a small group of people who have programs to constantly generate botters after botters. incase one gets banned another is remade and popped up that second. Nexon banning these botters will do virtually nothing to stop them. That's the sad part of mmos especially f2p ones since these hackers have no risk involved in making them. Yes, they are annoying to come by and yes security could be a lot better but theirs really only so much they can do. It's impossible to fully stop them for the reasons I just mentioned. The only thing they can do is slow down the process for them. Even if Nexon decides to patch up these updates it will only cause them to stop botting for a few days or so until they find a way to break through again. This is a f2p game and thus it's something you need to just learn to deal with. Send the tickets in if you want to and report them but that's all you can do and all Nexon can do is slow them down. Since these bots are made by programs not a sole person.

That's just nonsense, we do not care how you put and describe this kind of problem, we want results now.
    I can see a botter in henesys, it seems like he has changed his location, which means since he got banned by nexon a few days ago, it deters him.

The botter is right here near Rina's House in henesys.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited October 2020
    Joint wrote: »

i think this botter here just got banned, that's awesome!