[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna ,Hayato and Zen 5th job skills

chaoscauserchaoscauser
Reactions: 4,740
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Not the best quality but I am sure we will get some better ones eventually showcasing them. #ZenInGMSPlease

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    That Kanna skill reminds me of mages preBB getting their 4th job ultimates and spamming them in HHG
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    where is this at? kanna,hayato,jett players will be happy to see this hopefully comes in gms soon.
  • ILoveKPOPlILoveKPOPl
    Reactions: 610
    edited October 2016
    GOOD HYPER SKILLS
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Footage taken from a preview stream for V in MapleStory SEA..
  • ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited October 2016
    But are these skills for Zen, Hayato, and Kanna developed by CMS and JMS or MSEA created it themselves?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Modesty
    Modesty said:

But are these skills for Zen, Hayato, and Kanna developed by CMS and JMS or MSEA created it themselves?
    someone in the Korean dev team made em cause they create everything pretty much.
  • ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

Modesty
    Modesty said:

someone in the Korean dev team made em cause they create everything pretty much.
    That should be really, really unlikely. KMS has nothing to do with these three classes. They do not change anything for these classes because they don't even have these classes.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    Modesty
    Modesty said:

Catooolooo

Modesty
    Modesty said:

That should be really, really unlikely. KMS has nothing to do with these three classes. They do not change anything for these classes because they don't even have these classes.
    KMS may not have the content implemented but they are part of the creation of all content in game aside from some art that may get used in game.

the devs for all versions are in korea and hence they create all the content, Heck, all "create a Item" events that get actualized are created in korea, even our "create a monster" event we had a year or 2 ago, the "Ikura" monster mob and medal were created by some maple dev in korea and there's even an official post on the old forums to prove it.

they have also said in interviews that they have all the data for non KMS content, they just have not implemented it because there is not a big demand for it in KMS.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Now we just need to see Beast Tamer.
    Jett's 5th job skill will probably just be a reskin of Zen like everything else.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    A better view of em

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Yeah saw these pop up on my phone while I was at the cinema watching Doctor Strange only just got home or I would of posted them thanks for saving me a job.
    Ivangold
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    They look very well!
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Any idea how the hayato passive's will escalate in 5job? the one that give damage with your def, what cap of damage will it be? 200%?

Also is zen somewhat viable after his revamp?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Any idea how the hayato passive's will escalate in 5job? the one that give damage with your def, what cap of damage will it be? 200%?

Considering that none of the stuff has been released on any kind of public test servers yet, we dont know any of that info yet.

maybe we will learn these details when CMS starts doing testing on that content

also afaik there was no revamp to Zen/Dragon warrior, not since the one that added the fist as a secondary anyway, so not sure where you got that info from.
  • OwIieOwIie
    Reactions: 1,031
    edited November 2016
    Imo, that Kanna skill looks really lazy considering how inspired the class itself feels.
    The only good thing I see there is the mana usage reduction that could've just as well been added to the lvl 200 hyper as a buff effect. Other than that, the skill itself is somewhat like elquines/ifrit, which is very underwhelming.

I was personally hoping they'd pull off something like the demon slayer thing where your attacks get enhanced for a bit of time (both haunting and vanquisher are a bit on the simple side for 4th job attacks), or at least something like the bam one where all 3 elements Kanna uses get combined into one stronger variant for a period of time. Dunno, both of these would be better options as far as I'm concerned.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Hayato will of course be the strongest job after 5th cause of this passive. Why would they even consider changing this passive.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Hayato will of course be the strongest job after 5th cause of this passive. Why would they even consider changing this passive.

that's assuming a cap isnt added or a slight nurf to the% gain and they would consider changing it for the exact reason in bold to balance hayato out
    OwIie
    OwIie said:

Imo, that Kanna skill looks really lazy considering how inspired the class itself feels.
    The only good thing I see there is the mana usage reduction that could've just as well been added to the lvl 200 hyper as a buff effect. Other than that, the skill itself is somewhat like elquines/ifrit, which is very underwhelming.

I was personally hoping they'd pull off something like the demon slayer thing where your attacks get enhanced for a bit of time (both haunting and vanquisher are a bit on the simple side for 4th job attacks), or at least something like the bam one where all 3 elements Kanna uses get combined into one stronger variant for a period of time. Dunno, both of these would be better options as far as I'm concerned.
    all the elements kanna uses are basically merged since their last revamp/rebalance that changed them from active buffs to the basic attack skill that only changed the final hit, to passive boosts that change all 3 of the attack skill hits to be the elements.
  • OwIieOwIie
    Reactions: 1,031
    edited November 2016
    @Catooolooo
    Yes, with each hit being a separate element. The unified effect I suggested was more of a simbolic/concept idea. Like all three hits having a bit of a bigger animation and hitbox with all of them having the same color pallet to symbolize an unification of the elements and give it a small % boost cause they're not op as is really. That'd make it feel more like a new job imo. Maybe I just like what they did with ds and that made me think something like it would work with Kanna thematically while being ok since Kanna isn't a dps class.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    OwIie
    OwIie said:

OwIie
    OwIie said:

@Catooolooo
    Yes, with each hit being a separate element. The unified effect I suggested was more of a simbolic/concept idea. Like all three hits having a bit of a bigger animation and hitbox with all of them having the same color pallet to symbolize an unification of the elements and give it a small % boost cause they're not op as is really. That'd make it feel more like a new job imo. Maybe I just like what they did with ds and that made me think something like it would work with Kanna thematically while being ok since Kanna isn't a dps class.

eh, well they can still have some sort of "unleashed power" skill for kanna sometime down the line, 5th job IS meant to be a work in progress with these skills (including the other support cores) not being the only skills for 5th, more are meant to come in the future.