[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestions for revamping the Style Box stamp shop

MischeviousStarMischeviousStar
Reactions: 410
edited October 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Currently the Style Box stamps shop is terrible:
1. The shop rarely rotates. I think the last time the shop updated was 6/10/20... A little over 4 months now.
2. The prices are ridiculous: 30 stamps for a Sailor's Song Hat for example. That is 102,000 NX for one equip from a full set of 6. (Although the true price is a bit cheaper if you take into account that you can buy a stack of 11 SSB for 34,000 NX.)
3. They may be so-called "limited"/"special" items but honestly not many people see value in these items. In Reboot, I do not see players donning any of the items sold in the current (as of 10/15/20) Style Box stamp box.

So, I want to propose a solution:
Add the current SSB items in the shop for 15~20 stamps (just to throw a number out there). This would serve as a "pity" system for those who really want a specific item from the SSB rotation. The chance of getting a target item is about 1~2%. Quite ridiculous considering that one roll is ~$3.40.
-This way you guys don't have to deliberate too much over what is put into the shop. The shop would consist of the items in the current rotation.
-Players can clear up cash shop inventory space and have a good incentive to convert the duplicates or unwanted items into stamps to "work" towards styles that they actually want. This can give players a feeling of progression.
-This can motivate players to buy stacks of SSB without that dreaded feeling that even $102 won't get them any item they wanted. Personally, I see a boost in sales for every SSB rotation if this were implemented.
-This maintains the satisfaction of rolling the item you really wanted while having a cushion to fall back on if faced with RNG hell.
  1. Revamp the SSB stamp shop?2 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (1 vote)
    2. No
       50% (1 vote)

Comments

• iSouvenirsiSouvenirs
    Reactions: 1,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    Once they drop it to 15-20 stamps, people will want it to be 5-10 stamps. The purpose of the stamp shop is to trade in CS items you find useless to exchange it for a useful one. Also the slow rotation in the stamp shop is probably so people can still purchase the same set when they save enough stamps. I think they make it hard(expensive) to get on purpose, because if they made it easier then people would just buy the guaranteed items from the stamp shop vs using SSB. Also I've seen a few people wearing the items from the stamp shop in Bera.