[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5th job advancement magnus requirement

GoobiplsGoobipls
Reactions: 100
edited October 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So I just hit 200 for the first time (yay), and started to do the 5th job advancement quest. I was able to complete everything EXCEPT the part of the quest where I need to kill magnus on any difficulty. Well, not knowing anything about the 5th job quest, I did magnus earlier in the day to work on getting mesos for my starforcing required for the start of the quest. Now I cannot complete the next part of the quest til tomorrow. Kinda sucks to be excited for the 5th job and being time gated without a way to kill magnus twice in a day (even just for the quest no exp or drops would be nice).

Comments

• iSouvenirsiSouvenirs
    Reactions: 1,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    They should have a story mode magnus for fifth job, with that being said I think that waiting a day to get fifth job isn't that bad compared to how long it used to take to get fifth job on release.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2020
    iSouvenirs wrote: »
    They should have a story mode magnus for fifth job, with that being said I think that waiting a day to get fifth job isn't that bad compared to how long it used to take to get fifth job on release.

If memory serves...

I know for a fact the arcane stones had a concrete two hour timer on them. They were active for two hours, even if you filled the stones' exp bar in 30 minutes you were forced to wait out the remaining hour and 30. Once you finished one stone, you were unable to move to the next one until eight hours after you finished the first one. This was then later reduced to six I think, then ultimately removed, followed shortly by removing the timer from the stones themselves so that you would be able to do them all one after the other.

So while it sucks having to wait for another daily reset to finish the grandis stone, things are far better than the used to be. Alongside this, the dark world tree area used to be a 220-230 area before being rebalanced down to around 210 or so.