[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Custom hair/eye colour coupon

KlaraKlara
Reactions: 3,385
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since star planet was removed and there is no opportunity to obtain mix dye coupons atm, I would like to propose a suggestion to add a coupon which allows players to choose any hair and eye colour for a particular style. Base colours would still be available for hair/eyes, but to those who want something more specific, a custom colour coupon in the cash shop would be a much appreciated option. So what this new coupon would allow is to obtain colours that cannot be mixed via the default selection.

In my opinion, mix dye hair coupons were very limiting as certain colours could not be achieved from the default hue, for example:
-Less hairs are being released in a strong opaque black. There are VIP styles, but royals are more attractive.
-Same with browns; they're either too warm or too pale, and finding a medium/dark ash brown is almost impossible.
-Too many pastel/icy coloured styles are being released and do not allow for darker hues
-Dull hairstyles are unable to be mixed to achieve a bright colour
-Saturated hairstyles cannot be mixed into something softer
-For eyes, I've noticed light pink or peach coloured eyes simply almost don't exist because amethyst usually means a saturated purple-pink colour, even though yellow eyes have a variation from pale yellow > orange > red > brown.

I'm hoping for something like this colour cube with the ability to match RGB and HSL. ajaxshake.com/public/usersFiles/main/color-picker-photo-38_user_1_ab749.jpg

I don't have a clear solution for how to approach gradients and styles with bows/clips/other add-ons, but an option to change the different sections would be wonderful. Furthermore, I would also like to see something like this available for skin since a lot of maplers have been complaining about the lack of diversity.

I think this would be a great idea to implement as it will give maplers more creative freedom and allow them to add personal flair to their character looks with the hair/eye styles they want. Also, if possible, please make the custom colours show on the rankings.

Please support! We need this! Also, add your ideas below. <3
TroubleYacy

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I like your idea, but I have a simplified version which I think would be easier for Nexon to implement:

1. Make "white" a color. Right now only a few styles are offered in white, and it takes the place of another color. For example, the popular "white Evan hair" is technically "green".
    2. Make all hairstyles saturated color. Black is black, red is red, etc.
    3. Have mix-dye hair coupons in Cash Shop. Mix dye will, of course, include White as an option, since it will be a color.

Using a mix-dye coupon, it will be possible to make any hairstyle pastel/silver/"white with just a hint of red" by mixing the hairstyle's normally saturated color with white to the desired degree.

JettLuvsUNiightseekerAlpsPhantomMasterThief
  • KlaraKlara
    edited November 2016
    @AKradian But if all hairstyles come in one standard saturated colour, how does one achieve a light purple pink, if for example, a default style comes in a warm red? Or a royal blue if the default is a aqua? Those mixes would produce a peach (x white) and dark teal (x black) respectively if mixed. It's just that there are so many different colours in the spectrum, but the mix dye coupon is limited to whatever the defaults are. So having one default type of red, orange, yellow, green, etc, would limit the variety of colours to play and match with.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Yes, it wouldn't cover all the colors of the spectrum, but as I said, it would (I think) be easier to implement and still give us a much wider color selection than what we have today.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    -meanwhile- can I have red hair already...T^T
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    wanting white hair. Only to match white eyes.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited November 2016
    Supported, I do want a way to get white overgrown for males.
  • KlaraKlara
    edited November 2016
    @CaughtByLove White Overgrown Hair is already a default. It's under orange.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited November 2016
    Klara
    Klara said:

@CaughtByLove White Overgrown Hair is already a default. It's under orange.
    okay.
    JettLuvsU
  • KlaraKlara
    edited November 2016
    @CaughtByLove Oh, sorry, didn't even know it was a true orange. o_o I just use a simulator and that's where I found the white.