[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regarding Potential Upcoming Changes to Set Effect

Comments

• YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2020
    Ya sad that I am getting penalized as an OG player who's using SW Earrings. It's not fair because someone using SW Pendant that has the same flame/potential/Starforces as my SW Earrings will be as strong before. It's only the SW Earrings user that is getting nerfed.

Let's say I have a DualBlade. I clone ''it'' to make 2 identical DualBlades. Let's
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020
    Ya sad that I am getting penalized as an OG player who's using SW Earrings. It's not fair because someone using SW Pendant that has the same flame/potential/Starforces as my SW Earrings will be as strong before. It's only the SW Earrings user that is getting nerfed.

Let's say I have a DualBlade. This DB is using 2 Superior Pendant & SW Earrings. I clone ''it'' to make 2 identical DualBlades. Then I change the 2nd DB to give him a SW pendant with the same flame/potential/Starforces
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020

Let's say I have a DualBlade. This DB is using 2 Superior Pendant & SW Earrings. I clone them to make 2 identical DualBlades. Then I change the 2nd DB to give them a SW pendant with the same flame/potential/Starforces their SW Earrings have. Finally, I give that 2nd DB Superior Ear
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020

Let's say I have a DualBlade. This DB is using 2 Superior Pendant & SW Earrings. I clone them to make 2 identical DualBlades. Then I make the following changes :
    - the 2nd DB to give them a SW Pendant with the same flame/potential/Starforces their SW Earrings have. This Finally, I give that 2nd DB Superior Earrings that have the same flame/potential/Starforces their lost
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020

Let's say I have a DualBlade. This DB is using 2 Superior Pendant & SW Earrings. I clone them to make 2 identical DualBlades. Then I make the following changes to the 2nd DB :
    - I give them a SW Pendant with the same flame/potential/Starforces their SW Earrings have
    - I remove one of their Superior Pendant
    - I give that 2nd DB Superior Earrings that have the same flame/potential/Starforces their lost
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020

Let's say I have a DualBlade. This DB is using 2 Superior Pendant & SW Earrings. I clone them to make 2 identical DualBlades. Then I make the following changes to the 2nd DB :
    - I give them a SW Pendant with the same flame/potential/Starforces their SW Earrings have
    - I give them Superior Earrings that have the same flame/potential/Starforces their lost Superior Pendant had

After the nerf, only 1 of the DualBlade is getting nerf: only the first one. Th
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020

- I give them Superior Earrings that have the same flame/potential/Starforces their lost Superior Pendant had

After the nerf, only 1 of the DualBlade is getting nerf: only the first one. This is not balanced, it's a nerf for a certain part of the population.

This is not even considering some people who have Dreamy Belt, Tyrant Belt with high Starforces. These people
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020

After the nerf, only 1 of the DualBlade is getting nerf: only the first one. This is not balanced, it's a nerf for a certain part of the population.

This is not even considering some people who have Dreamy Belt, Tyrant Belt with high Starforces. These people must be really annoyed right now. I have a DB friend with a 22* Dreamy Belt in Reboot who told me he's gonna quit :(
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020

After the nerf, only 1 of the DualBlade is getting nerfed: only the first one. This is not balanced, it's a nerf for a certain part of the population.

This is not even considering some people who have Dreamy Belt or Tyrant Belt with high Starforces amount. These people must be really annoyed right now. I have a DB friend with a 22* Dreamy Belt in Reboot who told me he's gonna quit :(
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020

After the nerf, only 1 of the DualBlade is getting nerfed: only the first one. This is not balanced, it's a nerf for a certain part of the population.

This is not even considering some people who have Dreamy Belt or Tyrant Belt with high Starforces amount. These people must be really annoyed right now. I have a DB friend with a 22* Dreamy Belt in Reboot who told me he's gonna quit :(
  • ProximProxim
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2020
    I am in full support of the proposal to convert Tyrant Belts to Superior Engraved Gollux Belts and Dreamy Belt/Superior Engraved Gollux Pendant to Source of Suffering/Superior Engraved Gollux Belt.

I myself am a 22* Return-ICOG'd Dreamy Belt user, and reading the memo, seeing no mention of the fact that players who invested as hard as I did into this game get to "enjoy" not only a removal of one of their pendants, but an effective removal of a COMPLETED HARD BOSS EQUIP AFTER PLAYERS ALREADY INVESTED INTO IT, WITH NO COMPENSATION is incredibly disheartening to see. I can't even trade the item, as it becomes character-bound, with no way of PSoK'ing it. It would just sit there, taunting me over the amount of resources I poured into the thing. The only other time I remember a change of similar magnitude taking place regarding equipment was Nebulites. Do you know what they did for the Nebulite change? They made it so that all equipment with Nebulites installed integrated those stats into their own, effectively making them superior versions of equipment without Nebulites. That was a reasonable transition, retaining the value of the investment that players made into their equipment.

Tyrant Belt users face a similar problem - their belts are also effectively being made useless. The argument can be made that they can at least PSoK the item, but the effectiveness of any character would be drastically worse than any character using the 4-set Gollux. In the current meta, players currently using Tyrant Belts are at the point of mid-lategame, pushing for endgame. The min-maxing involved at this point renders Tyrant Belt effectively worthless for progression. Yes, you can trade it around, but how much would you expect to get back out of it? It certainly won't be enough to replace it with an equivalent Superior Engraved Gollux Belt.

I understand that class balance changes are a thing and can devalue the investment players made into them, but there two factors I would like to make note of.

The first is that class skills are not something players have much control over in terms of fine-tuning. The only thing players can do to directly impact skills are to level them up (or use SP reset to bring them to 0, etc.). These are fairly high-level changes that are relatively inexpensive. Regarding items - there is no end to how much players can sink resources into them. These are things that directly require so much player-driven funding that it becomes much more tied to their investment to progression. Taking THAT away is frankly just wrong.

This leads into the second factor I would like to address: I understand that these changes are across the entire game, but it must be understood that this change affects players disproportionately. There is a line that should not be crossed when introducing changes that negatively impact gameplay. Bringing down everyone's damage a reasonable amount for the sake of game balance is fine if it is the same percentage loss across all players/characters. Disproportionately impacting players (with the biggest supporters of the game most negatively impacted) is decidedly not fine, both from a player perspective and a business perspective - especially considering the magnitude of the change.

Nexon: you can make these changes and grab the quick cash now, as players scramble to purchase/enhance replacement gear, but the changes as they are now will erode the trust of whales to the point we'll be wary of ever investing as hard as we used to. Is this change worth gaining a bit of revenue for your Q1 2021 fiscal report if it means players will have even less trust in the progression systems put in place, likely limiting ALL future revenue?

As the current compensation is now, it's just a giant middle finger from Nexon to players who invested heavily in this game.

Please update the compensation to account for Tyrant Belt + Dreamy Belt users.

TL;DR:

Allow Tyrant Belt to convert to an equivalent Superior Engraved Gollux Belt.

Allow Dreamy Belt users to convert it + a Superior Engraved Gollux Pendant to equivalent Source of Suffering + Superior Engraved Gollux Belt.
    gigatrap
  • ProximProxim
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2020
    Double posting bug.
  • jaydyjaydy
    Reactions: 530
    I'm speaking from the Reboot world and this gollux set effect is a disaster to older players like myself. I am using 2 superior pendants and instead of superior gollux earrings, I'm using sweetwater earrings which are already 21*+.

I believe in worlds such as Reboot. There should be capabilities to transfer a superior gollux pendant to a superior earrings AND sweetwater earrings to sweetwater pendants. In Reboot, we worked countless hours and days of farming mesos and getting gollux coins and commerci denarios ourselves to get where we are. The fact that all of that progress is essentially being reversed and we have to do it all over again is ridiculous. We can't trade or buy items like regular servers.

Please consider these changes as it's very discouraging and makes players want to quit.
    Yacy
  • YacyYacy
    edited November 2020
    I perfectly agree with jaydy perspective.

I am an old Reboot player who's using SW Earrings. It has a really high flame score, it is 3 lines of stats legendary poteted and 19*. Do you guys realize how much time and mesos were spent for this piece of gears only? I don't even imagine how people who reached 22* on their SW Earrings feel right now. The upcoming change will make SW Earrings an outdated item.

As I said in a previous comment, it's not fair because newer players who use SW Pendant and Superior Earrings benefit of the same stats that us old player gain from SW Earrings and Superior Pendant. The change won't affect them, only us.

My recommendation is that you add MORE options to prepare players for the incoming change.

The way it is now :

Superior Pendant -> Superior Belt

The way it should be to suit everyone :

Superior Pendant -> Superior Belt

Superior Pendant -> Superior Earrings

Sweetwater Earrings -> Sweetwater Pendant

You could make it so we can only pick 1 of the 3 options, so people don't try to abuse from it.
    jaydy
  • ADeliColdCutADeliColdCut
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2020
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    I just saw that post as well too. Guess that explains why it feels like nexonNA is completely out of touch with the playerbase. Everything has to go through KMS, and if it's anything that helps the players or makes particular servers better than KMS it's getting gutted as long as it doesn't involve lawsuits.

Prove us wrong Anna, Ghibli and Kyrios. Show us that you actually give a damn about the players and defend your playerbase. Every non-KMS player knows that this has 2 options. Make the Lotus heart unique equipped rather than nerfing every other set.
    Occire wrote: »
    TMS has announced they will be getting this set effect change (from KMS 1.2.333) in their next patch on October 21st and will not be making changes to allow double pendants in the Superior Gollux set effect. However, as announced on the official fan Facebook page, they've discussed it with the original developers (NexonKR, I assume), and are able to offer the following compensation:

If you have a Dreamy Belt, since you can't trade it after equipping (and thus, can't sell it to fund a new Superior Engraved Gollux Belt), you can log a ticket to exchange it for a Superior Engraved Gollux Belt. The Facebook post then links to the actual patch announcement post on their website, and it lists scrolls, stars, potentials, and golden hammer status, but not bonus stats/flames, as things that will be transferred over to the Gollux belt. It doesn't seem like they're replace the scrolling with Advanced Gollux Scrolls, so you'd probably have to Ark Innocence and do it yourself, unless you'd rather keep the scrolling.

There is no compensation announced for Tyrant belts (I assume because you can sell it, they don't feel the need to).

As a reminder, this still has not been announced for GMS, though I'm personally unsure how long we can evade this change.

EDIT: Oh, they (the official fan Facebook page) made a comment on their post that clarifies they asked the original developers (again, NexonKR, I assume), whether or not they could make exceptions, but were told no, so, I think that kinda tends quite heavily more towards we're getting it than not.

• gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020
    a
  • gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020
    Proxim wrote: »
    Nexon: you can make these changes and grab the quick cash now, as players scramble to purchase/enhance replacement gear, but the changes as they are now will erode the trust of whales to the point we'll be wary of ever investing as hard as we used to. Is this change worth gaining a bit of revenue for your Q1 report 2021 if it means players will have even less trust in the progression systems put in place, likely limiting ALL future revenue?

As the current compensation is now, it's just a giant middle finger from Nexon to players who invested heavily in this game.

• gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020
    a

• gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020
    Nexon: you can make these changes and grab the quick cash now, as players scramble to purchase/enhance replacement gear, but the changes as they are now will erode the trust of whales to the point we'll be wary of ever investing as hard as we used to. Is this change worth gaining a bit of revenue for your Q1 report 2021 if it means players will have even less trust in the progression systems put in place, likely limiting ALL future revenue?

• gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020

Same, I have almost no interest in playing anymore and many other dedicated players are quitting