[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regarding Potential Upcoming Changes to Set Effect

Comments

• gigatrapgigatrap
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2020
    Proxim wrote: »
    Nexon: you can make these changes and grab the quick cash now, as players scramble to purchase/enhance replacement gear, but the changes as they are now will erode the trust of whales to the point we'll be wary of ever investing as hard as we used to. Is this change worth gaining a bit of revenue for your Q1 report 2021 if it means players will have even less trust in the progression systems put in place, likely limiting ALL future revenue?

As the current compensation is now, it's just a giant middle finger from Nexon to players who invested heavily in this game.

Same, I have almost no interest in playing anymore and many other dedicated players have been quitting recently, specifically mega-whale players with 80-90k+ stat. Items get
  • gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020
    Proxim wrote: »
    Nexon: you can make these changes and grab the quick cash now, as players scramble to purchase/enhance replacement gear, but the changes as they are now will erode the trust of whales to the point we'll be wary of ever investing as hard as we used to. Is this change worth gaining a bit of revenue for your Q1 report 2021 if it means players will have even less trust in the progression systems put in place, likely limiting ALL future revenue?

As the current compensation is now, it's just a giant middle finger from Nexon to players who invested heavily in this game.

Same, I have almost no interest in playing anymore and many other dedicated players have been quitting recently, specifically mega-whale players with 80-90k+ stat. Items worth millions of NX get traded and the buyers never spend a dime on cubes or scrolls.
  • gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020
    a
  • gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020
    a
  • gigatrapgigatrap
    edited November 2020
    a
  • PyroKingPyroKing
    Reactions: 810
    edited November 2020
    edit: forum quintuple post bug
  • PyroKingPyroKing
    edited November 2020
  • PyroKingPyroKing
    edited November 2020
  • PyroKingPyroKing
    edited November 2020
  • PyroKingPyroKing
    edited November 2020
    I don't see how letting us players convert a Gollux pendant to a belt is seen by Nexon as "doing us a favor" or a fair compensation. To keep the Gollux set effect I would have to convert a pendant to a belt, making me having to throw away a perfectly fine Tyrant belt that cost a fair share of resources. On the side of that....I have to re-invest in getting an equal pendant to replace the one that I'll lose...

This is a lose-lose situation. Please come back on this one Nexon and rethink it through...if we have to stay in line with KMS, at least compensate for the change fairly. The idea to convert Tyrant/Dreamy belts to Gollux belts seems like a more decent proposal.
    darik
  • jaydyjaydy
    Reactions: 530
    edited November 2020
  • jaydyjaydy
    edited November 2020
  • jaydyjaydy
    edited November 2020
  • jaydyjaydy
    edited November 2020
  • jaydyjaydy
    edited November 2020
    So based on the updated memo by Anna. You basically don't really care about all other players this effects. You only care about the people who used tyrant or dreamy belts. Unfortunately this will cause me to quit the game because we all know you guys won't implement a change from Superior Gollux Pendant > Superior Gollux Earrings or Sweetwater Earrings > Sweetwater Pendants.

Don't say you care about balance and yada yada. You guys are simply lazy and just follow the same coding as KMS and don't change things for the better.

Bye Felicia.
    darik
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2020
    This nerf represent a ~17BILLION mesos lost for me ! It's so unfair omg! And this is considering I have a superior earring already potted. So for some people it's even worst. This is a lot of money Nexon cmon now
    darik
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2020
    This nerf represent a ~17BILLION mesos lost for me ! It's so unfair omg! And this is considering I have a superior earring already potted. So for some people it's even worst. This is a lot of money Nexon cmon now. We need a serious compensation. I already have a Sup belt, what you did does nothing for me.
    darik