[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Merge idea and others QoL that could save reg serv

HyrabaroHyrabaro
Reactions: 895
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello hello.

I'm "yonut32" a returning player to GMS from KMS. (F Naver).

I will give my short kms experience as a foreigner of 1 year in that server(KMS LUNA) and how GMS could learn from that.

Initially before going for a short period to KMS server, i was playing and still playing even today on NA Reboot server. (even im from EU).

#1 After KMS experience i had which was really enjoyble, i really wanted to try playin' reg server here as well but there is a big problem..population is way too divided

In this moment there are 4+1 (4 NA Reg servers+1 eu reg server) which in my opinion make the entire population GMS way too divided from each others and technically hard to maintain.

Fix : I know..in short term it's hard to merge all together in one big server (including EU luna),but thinking in long term, it will be much easier to maintain (Fanancial & technical) 1 big single server than 5.

#2 I can see by you saying "well.. it will be hard to find a map if there will be one single server".

Fix : Trust me.....since you are closing "dead" servers you gonna have more resources open more channels like in KMS..

"Wait..what do you mean more channels?...But already reboot & bera has 30 channels..."

In kms we had 40 channels ...this will be the last issue that you can worry about.

#3 If they will merge all together (including Luna) in that big server.... what about ping issues that we gonna have....how we can fix that?

Fix : An official way to pick the ping server before going into the game.

For example, in valorant before starting a match you can pick a ping server for your location https://prnt.sc/vukbix . I'm pretty sure a similar feature can be implemented here as well, from the Nexon Launcher.

#4 Make RP worth more value in terms of what you can do with them in cash shop (besides rp part of the shop which is exclusive).

In kms besides packs,cubes (basically rng stuff & psok) you could buy almost anything with RP. Maybe you can't do that in GMS..but at least leave the essential stuffs to be bought with rp.

Pets,water of life, skills. storage expansions space

#5 Make AH more friendly

Leave players to post other things from Cash Shop in AH.

Cubes,royal hair cuppons,outfits (potentially adding master label set here as well with extra temp stats as kms); psoks and other stuff by using NX credit or prepaid credit.

In KMS for example if you bought 1 bundle of 12 red cubes from cash shop (with nx only) , you can post them to sell in AH. BUT there is a catch...Even if u used 1 single cube from that bundle FOR YOU, the entire bundle that you bought became untradeable OR if u gifted anything with your nx..the guy that recived the gift has all of the items untradeable.

So tldr : 1 single transaction will decide if u sell them or not.

#6* Not really a suggestion but if you want to take it into considerations thats ok

Introducing lie detectors...

"OMG..please no... we gonna be trolled so hard because of that"...well, this is just in your mind basically. I was a foreigner in a big server which was speaking english among koreans. i had 0 lie detectors used on me because i was a foreigner.

No one is gonna lie detector on you, even if someone let's say..decide to Lie detect you, you gonna have a "protection" so no one can use lie detector on you for a period of time (this can be change ...so again, thats a fix for future if this will be the case)

I really hope in a success of GMS in the future...make this place a better place for returning and new players.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.
VenusVSPorter

Comments

• BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited December 2020
    give us MILEAGE!
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Beef wrote: »
    give us MILEAGE!

We already have mileage, mileage is the KMS name for Reward Points.
  • BeefBeef
    edited December 2020
    Neospector wrote: »
    give us MILEAGE!

except that RP buys stuff in RP shop only and Mileage can buy most of the stuff in the CS
    Porter
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2020
    give us MILEAGE!

except that RP buys stuff in RP shop only and Mileage can buy most of the stuff in the CS

It's not a different system, like even if they had called it "Mileage" instead of RP, that doesn't mean we would've gotten 100% Mileage purchases, they decided not to make that part of the system for GMS, so regardless of what it's called, it would've been the same. If you want 100% RP purchases, you should just say that instead of insisting that if we had Mileage instead of RP it'd be different, because they're the same thing. 100% Mileage purchases weren't even part of the original system, they added it like a year later.
  • BeefBeef
    edited December 2020
    Occire wrote: »
    give us MILEAGE!

It's not a different system, like even if they had called it "Mileage" instead of RP, that doesn't mean we would've gotten 100% Mileage purchases, they decided not to make that part of the system for GMS, so regardless of what it's called, it would've been the same. If you want 100% RP purchases, you should just say that instead of insisting that if we had Mileage instead of RP it'd be different, because they're the same thing. 100% Mileage purchases weren't even part of the original system, they added it like a year later.

Still pretty different with GMS cutting out lot of stuff, while MSEA/KMS Mileage have more of a purchasing power for their game state.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2020
    Still pretty different with GMS cutting out lot of stuff, while MSEA/KMS Mileage have more of a purchasing power for their game state.

Does MSEA have a really good mileage shop? Because they don't seem to have 100% mileage purchases either, judging by the mileage guide on their website and the fact that SEA players complain about only being able to get limited buff freezers a month from the mileage shop, JMS's "Mapleage" guide doesn't mention it, and I know for sure TMS didn't have it because, they just announced it and patched it in within the last few weeks. So it seems like KMS was the only one that had it.

My point being, 100% mileage purchases are not inherent to the system, and even seems to be an exception, not a rule, and it's wrong to call "Mileage" and "Reward Points" two different systems just because they have different names because they're exactly the same.

I think the fact that TMS did get it, though recent as it may be, means that they are open to expanding it to other versions, at least.