[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Is Reboot going pay to win?

degree848degree848
Reactions: 810
edited December 2020 in Rants and Raves
So I noticed that in the "BTS signature pack" that there is a temporary title with stats in it.
"Swan Dream Title ,EXP +10%, ATT/M.ATT +15, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +15, Boss Damage +10%, Ignore Defense +10%, Max HP/Max MP +750, Star Force +30, Arcane Power +50"
This just fells wrong and I felt like if I didn't say something tis would keep happening until it became normal and reboot would not be it self anymore.

I'd like to hear other peoples opinion on this.
WONDERGUY

Comments

• iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited December 2020
    no its not p2w, its a temporary title for one month lol, this is also not the first item to have similar stats that is temporary
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2020
    I feel like it's worth mentioning that Reboot was never officially the "f2p" server. It only got that branding because of the cubes for meso plus no trading aspects.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    I feel like it's worth mentioning that Reboot was never officially the "f2p" server. It only got that branding because of the cubes for meso plus no trading aspects.

All due respect I don't really think that's worth mentioning.. Reboot is the 'f2p' server because of the obvious stark contrast in spending requirements to be competitive relative to non-reboot servers. Imagine this - Nexon still calls Maplestory 'Free to Play!'.. More like 'free to get carried through the game by people spending $10,000 to be sorta competitive'.

I would rather reference the consumer spending behavior from the players than what Nexon 'officially' labels as free or not.. Better to trust your experience and observations over a company's PR team.
    WONDERGUY
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2020

All due respect I don't really think that's worth mentioning.. Reboot is the 'f2p' server because of the obvious stark contrast in spending requirements to be competitive relative to non-reboot servers. Imagine this - Nexon still calls Maplestory 'Free to Play!'.. More like 'free to get carried through the game by people spending $10,000 to be sorta competitive'.

I would rather reference the consumer spending behavior from the players than what Nexon 'officially' labels as free or not.. Better to trust your experience and observations over a company's PR team.

You don't have to spend money to be "competitive" with other players on reg servers. I can solo Lotus on my Hoyoung and most of my progression on him came from just playing the game. I know F2P players at Willcid level too. There's no actual competition between players either. This is a silly mindset tbh. Play the game at your own pace.

This game is most definitely "free to play" too. Ironically, I'm pretty sure the "free to get carried" line applies to reboot more because of the lack of trading between players. Lotta people asking for carries on reboot.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited March 2021
    AaronHusky wrote: »

You don't have to spend money to be "competitive" with other players on reg servers. I can solo Lotus on my Hoyoung and most of my progression on him came from just playing the game. I know F2P players at Willcid level too. There's no actual competition between players either. This is a silly mindset tbh. Play the game at your own pace.

This game is most definitely "free to play" too. Ironically, I'm pretty sure the "free to get carried" line applies to reboot more because of the lack of trading between players. Lotta people asking for carries on reboot.

Youre terribly wrong if u defend this game not being P2W, the moment an item thats obtained through real money gives u an advantage over someone that doesnt buy it, thats pay to win, all f2p games have this features, they allow u to progress for free but it mmakes progresison way faster if u pay, they make free progression annoying so u are kind of inclined to pay for faster progression.
    WONDERGUY
This discussion has been closed.