[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Globe Event "Extended period"?

IceSapphireIceSapphire
Reactions: 940
edited December 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Greetings,

I have been currently playing maple the past few weeks but, after running into a issue, with collecting 3 chairs I seem to have a dilemma on my hands where I will not be able to finish my chair. I was wondering if you where able to extend the event until Jan.10th so I and other in the game could finish their cute globes :) I think the event is well done and very creative I just find that the time allotted is not adequate to complete this event.

Thank you~
Merry Christmas
MorningAfterSeven
  1. Should Maple Globe Event be Extended?10 votes
    1. Yes, I think this would benefit many maplers!
       90% (9 votes)
    2. No, I didn't miss any days so it doesn't affect me!
       10% (1 vote)

Comments

• kukidexkukidex
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2020
    Perhaps I'm biased because I too am in need of additional days. I agree in the fact that the event provides too little leeway in time to have the chair be fully leveled and "complete". A major problem people are facing are being gated by drop rates, item requirements, and as a result, time. A decent band-aid is just to give more time by an event extension and/or loosen gating factors(increase daily cap/drops on items). I lean toward the latter in this due to the current issues grinders face with the drops not stopping, lowering rates and spamming chat. A lesser relief would be Sunny Sunday for 2x Crystal Energy cap and that would be enough for me personally, however I'd think at this point it may not be enough for everyone. A greater relief would be to just give Crystal Energy freebies.
    I've seen a post discussing plans to approach these issues in future events, leaving out the current event, but the issue I see with that is this is a damn nice chair and a pretty good event(ignoring the nonstop drops) and I have been very excited to customize especially with elements near the end of the unlock list(personally I really want lil orchid). I do think there are many of similar sentiment and it is very upsetting to not have access to these due to tight time-gating. These issues exist and will likely persist through the event. They have already affected many players but perhaps what's more important is how we can proceed from here. For example, we can lessen the effect of these issues with bandaids such as the above mentioned.
    IceSapphireMorningAfterSeven
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited December 2020
    Globe levelling up: slow
    Item drop rate: abysmal
    Hope to ever complete the globe event with one character - not to speak with my multiple loved characters: none!
    Thus, I am not pursuing, as there is no hope for me to do anything better than to sacrifice my other characters for a single one, and even for that single one to have the feeling that I would anyway not be able to reach completion.
    This globe event is rather unfortunate. If we can find the hope to complete the event at all with one character, and sacrificing our other ones to that single one, it would mean to grind and grind and grind, and getting stuck searching like crazy for too rare pieces starting at the globe chairs, unless we want to buy them at preferential prices - and miss some precious time with our friends online. I would have preferred another way to end a frustrating year - starting next one with at least some online satisfaction.
    IceSapphireMorningAfterSeven
  • IceSapphireIceSapphire
    edited December 2020
    Flowerdew wrote: »
    Globe levelling up: slow
    Item drop rate: abysmal
    Hope to ever complete the globe event with one character - not to speak with my multiple loved characters: none!
    Thus, I am not pursuing, as there is no hope for me to do anything better than to sacrifice my other characters for a single one, and even for that single one to have the feeling that I would anyway not be able to reach completion.
    This globe event is rather unfortunate. If we can find the hope to complete the event at all with one character, and sacrificing our other ones to that single one, it would mean to grind and grind and grind, and getting stuck searching like crazy for too rare pieces starting at the globe chairs, unless we want to buy them at preferential prices - and miss some precious time with our friends online. I would have preferred another way to end a frustrating year - starting next one with at least some online satisfaction.

I have 3 other characters with level zero on their globes so I feel your pain, I myself just would like to complete 1 globe on my main.
  • DemZakDemZak
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited December 2020
    Yes, please. @Nexon. This needs to be extended. Too many issues with this event to have it so short-lived and not allow players to complete their globes.
    IceSapphire
  • LaxrsiLaxrsi
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited December 2020
    Make the decorations permanent as well while they're at it. Extending the event to farm for more decorations is pointless if they're not permanent.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited December 2020
    Laxrsi wrote: »
    Make the decorations permanent as well while they're at it. Extending the event to farm for more decorations is pointless if they're not permanent.

WAIT! The globe isn't permanent?!
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2020
    I ended up turning to the auction house after losing several days without any crystal collection while seeking trees with mules, where to find chairs and 2 days failing the jq. I'll get lv10 done but the last 500 for lv11 would take three days with the 200/day limit...
  • LaxrsiLaxrsi
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited December 2020

https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29944/maple-globe-remove-customization-time-limit

Also it's stated in the patch notes: You will have until January 8 at 11:59 PM UTC to finalize your globe customization using the UI even after the event ends.
  • DMHDMH
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited January 2021
    I farmed this on my main and mules - I did ghost park, I did evo lab, I did jump quests - I didn't get a single pose - not even the sit one because I missed a couple of days around Christmas (and missed the Christmas event even though I was on pretty much every other day in December - kind of sucks that Maplestory only did that for 4 days when a lot was going on - as a parent - it was a really busy holiday trying to keep it celebratory with social distancing) Yeah I am getting done with Maplestory again. Time for another break I guess. Who thought an event where the RNG to get through it is so high it is next to impossible would be fun? I actually was excited to get so many globes at first but then the artificial limits about when you could get stuff (and having to research where to get them - ridiculously low RNG - I play Maplestory for relaxation and enjoyment - I wouldn't even have minded trying new stuff or stuff I don't like but having to do it multiple times with no reward - well actually I guess that is kind of like Monster Collection and Familiars - maybe you guys should take some human factors classes?)
    IceSapphire
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited January 2021
    In Reboot where you can't buy any globe, its pretty hard and rng to even fill all the S Ranks
    IceSapphire
  • IceSapphireIceSapphire
    edited January 2021

The Globe is permanent you just can't edit it past Jan.08
    MorningAfterSeven
  • valleyofmistvalleyofmist
    Reactions: 515
    I agree with the above comments. I submitted a ticket and was forwarded to submit my 'suggestions' here. The bottlenecking of the items due to low drop rate and the crystal collecting limit was a big issue. There should have been only one, not both.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • KwiusHiusKwiusHius
    Reactions: 510
    kukidex wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm biased because I too am in need of additional days. I agree in the fact that the event provides too little leeway in time to have the chair be fully leveled and "complete". A major problem people are facing are being gated by drop rates, item requirements, and as a result, time. A decent band-aid is just to give more time by an event extension and/or loosen gating factors(increase daily cap/drops on items). I lean toward the latter in this due to the current issues grinders face with the drops not stopping, lowering rates and spamming chat. A lesser relief would be Sunny Sunday for 2x Crystal Energy cap and that would be enough for me personally, however I'd think at this point it may not be enough for everyone. A greater relief would be to just give Crystal Energy freebies.
    I've seen a post discussing plans to approach these issues in future events, leaving out the current event, but the issue I see with that is this is a damn nice chair and a pretty good event(ignoring the nonstop drops) and I have been very excited to customize especially with elements near the end of the unlock list(personally I really want lil orchid). I do think there are many of similar sentiment and it is very upsetting to not have access to these due to tight time-gating. These issues exist and will likely persist through the event. They have already affected many players but perhaps what's more important is how we can proceed from here. For example, we can lessen the effect of these issues with bandaids such as the above mentioned.

I think these are great suggestions for how to improve this event. Based on my calculations, I am missing 4 days worth of the crystal energy because I was unable to get the final chair and pose needed to level up because of bad RNG, however, all this could have been solved if we were able to collect crystal energy while not having 3 of each type of globe needed to level up the globe. With this kind of implementation, players would still need to spend effort and time to collect the crystals and customizations to progress their globe chair, but without being hard locked out of the final levels due to not having good RNG with some of the globes such as poses or chairs.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited January 2021
    I need 3 more days to complete it. 2 more days until event stops lol
  • EstarkoEstarko
    Reactions: 630
    edited January 2021
    I still need 300 more condensed energy to finish the chair but today is the last day and already collected all the energy for this day!! hahaha
  • DMHDMH
    edited January 2021
    Maybe it is because I am reboot but I didn't realize how much of a bummer the end of this event would be. I feel like I wasted so much effort going after the pose (I still don't get the sit pose - I basically logged in on my main every day except 2-3 around Christmas - did Nexon really set it up so if you took time off for Christmas you couldn't get the pose? I never got a single pose even with farming ghost park - doing jump quests - and doing evo lab (for the first time) on mules) I noticed my globes expiring today - and my invent (maxed spaces) was FILLED with the globes for all the higher levels - that I never got to use. It probably wasn't the intent but it just made me feel like why did I even try - my youngest was smart - he looked at the event and said he wasn't going to put effort in - I think I would have enjoyed this more skipping it.
  • DMHDMH
    edited January 2021
    DMH wrote: »
    Maybe it is because I am reboot but I didn't realize how much of a bummer the end of this event would be. I feel like I wasted so much effort going after the pose (I still don't get the sit pose - I basically logged in on my main every day except 2-3 around Christmas - did Nexon really set it up so if you took time off for Christmas you couldn't get the pose? I never got a single pose even with farming ghost park - doing jump quests - and doing evo lab (for the first time) on mules) I noticed my globes expiring today - and my invent (maxed spaces) was FILLED with the globes for all the higher levels - that I never got to use. It probably wasn't the intent but it just made me feel like why did I even try - my youngest was smart - he looked at the event and said he wasn't going to put effort in - I think I would have enjoyed this more skipping it.

I am almost looking forward to the globes disappearing and not being in my invent reminding me how much of a waste this was.