[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Globe - Remove item limit for leveling up

XylitolXylitol
Reactions: 180
The current system has it so that you must collect 3 items of the decoration item per level in order to move onto the next level. The problem with this system is that collecting decorations is limited daily (i.e. 10 Condensed Crystal Energy a day or various daily quests/content) and also random, which makes it extremely unreliable. If a player is unlucky, they might end up being entirely unable to progress in leveling up the globe because they are gated by the items at a specific level. (Not to mention the issue caused by the level gate with regards to crystals continuing to drop and being unable to be picked up.)

Realistically, it makes more sense to have "leveling up the globe" and "collecting decorations for the globe" be separate. That way a casual player can level up the globe and enjoy the few easy-to-obtain decorations they've collected, while a more dedicated player can hunt down the decorations they want for a more rewarding game experience. This model was followed by previous chair-customization events like Pink Bean's Mobile Mansion, Hashtag Chair, and Camila's Bakery events and worked fine. While I appreciate that this event has attempted to do something new by introducing a new element into an old formula, I think it negatively impacts enjoyment of the event in the end.
WhorificDMHDoomlustingSenzuBeanPirateIzzykukidexShadEightMorningAfterSevenYoongi

Comments

• WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited December 2020
    +1

It's pretty terrible design to have a time limited event where you have to farm Exp-esque drops everyday to level up before the event ends but then lock your progress completely behind other RNG drops with abysmally low drop rates. You either have to get insanely lucky or dedicate five hours or so every single day, grinding low level content like Ghost Park, Dimension Invasion, and Jump Quests. Otherwise, you just can't complete the event at all.

I can appreciate that they tried getting players to re-experience old, mostly irrelevant content but making the drop rates so low that the only way to get them is by doing it on a dozen characters is absolutely ridiculous.

At least let us keep collecting the 200 daily exp without leveling up, and then immediately jumping up to the appropriate level when we finally get the decorations we need after 50 exhausting attempts at old PQs. This event is just a stressful grind.
    DMHDoomlustingSenzuBeankukidexShadEightMorningAfterSevenCaughtByLove
  • DoomlustingDoomlusting
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2020
    +1

Yeah they really need to do something to do with this event. Limited to 10 trials, chances to fail at obtaining, and able to obtain same ornement already registered in maple globe. Yesterday I had 10 trials and 10 failed. Besides, still not getting chairs except for the one costs 1500 coins at Mountain of Awakening. This system is really terrible. At least any of those three options I listed up there should be edited or fixed.
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    Reactions: 775
    edited December 2020
    Yep I'm still gated behind lv.3 because I can't find 2 more chairs ...
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited January 2021
    Me too, stuck on level 3 because I never got a single chair, and there was no explanation of how to get them either. Time limits + RNG makes it unfair as it's all luck and it's not even for everyone
    Estarko
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited January 2021
    3 days to max globe. 2 days until event's removal lol