[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Controller/Joystick Bug

psychofingerspsychofingers
Reactions: 510
in Bug Reporting
Ever since the awake patch, I've noticed there were several issues when playing with a controller/joystick. I am currently alternating between Logitech f310 and logitech f710 and have been using these controllers since 2013. There have always been direct support for these controllers; did not have to use steam controls nor have to launch maplestory via steam. (They were plug and play controllers, no additional configuring outside of the in game controller settings required.)

My characters are based in Scania and have discovered different issues on several characters:

1) Kanna's shikigami haunting only triggers the first hit when using the controller (does not follow up with hit 2 or 3 even when holding or mashing button), but works fine with the keyboard. Note that this was not an issue prior to the awake patch.
2) Demon slayers have the same issue with kanna that the demon arch lash only triggers the first hit on controller, does not follow up with hits 2-3-4. No issues with keyboard.
3) Demon slayers are not able to jump/glide using a controller
4) Thunderbreakers are not able to perform high vertical jump using controller's Jump and up, and are not able to perform combos properly when playing with such controllers.

These are some examples that i am aware of, based on the characters that i have played since the awake update. There might also be similar bugs that i'm unaware of (controller related issues)

Please help.

Thank you

Omgitsatree

Comments

• SilverIceSilverIce
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2020
    I, too, have been having controller issues since the Awake patch hit. I haven't been able to do vertical flash jumps on my Bowmaster on Reboot (by double-tapping up or down on the left control stick) on my XBox One controller. The command works fine on keyboard, and all other forms of movement work fine.
    psychofingers
  • xKótxKót
    Reactions: 400
    Same problem with Aran, you cant use the basic atack combo or Final Blow + Beyone Blade using joystick since the awake patch, before the patch it worked fine.
  • ChairGuyChairGuy
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2020
    Same issue the Kanna has the Hayato has as well.
  • SilverIceSilverIce
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2020
    Ran into another controller issue. I can't get Zero's combos to proc.
  • RagRagRagRag
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited December 2020
    I have the same problem since awake update with my trickblade skill

I cannot execute this condition with my joystick

TRICKLADE
    If there is an enemy with the Wound debuff max-stacked on it, this skill can be chained to the last attack of Assassinate, enabling you to move behind the enemy

Character: RagdollPrime
    Level: 249
    World: Aurora
  • PsxsasukePsxsasuke
    Reactions: 200
    I don't think nexon its going to fix this bug , i spoke with them , so i think we have to figure that our self's
  • AntTegAntTeg
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2020
    I am also having these problems while using the same logitech controllers as OP. but the first character I had problems with was the pathfinder and its double jump that I reported to nexon with no help what so ever. I think nexon doesn't care about the controller community as much as they care about making money. Sad to say but we all might be SOL.
  • OmgitsatreeOmgitsatree
    edited December 2020
    did anyone possibly find a fix for this, currently cant double jump with my pathfinder and i cant seem to find any fix on this issue, ive always used a controller for mapletstory and this is the first time ive had these issues after coming back to the game after a year. Ive tried my wired xbox 360 controller and my ps4 controllers. Same problem everything works fine but double jump.
  • AntTegAntTeg
    edited January 2021
    did anyone possibly find a fix for this, currently cant double jump with my pathfinder and i cant seem to find any fix on this issue, ive always used a controller for mapletstory and this is the first time ive had these issues after coming back to the game after a year. Ive tried my wired xbox 360 controller and my ps4 controllers. Same problem everything works fine but double jump.

the fix i found for this was to press jump, tap the direction u want to go and hold while mid jump, then press jump agian. it gets annoying but thats the only way i can double jump for the pathfinder
  • AntTegAntTeg
    edited January 2021
    update i found, any character that has combo/linking moves do not work with the controller but works perfectly fine with the keyboard which has me thinking that the update to maple added in controller "lag" so it doesnt register the button while its being pressed as fast as it should which then renders the controller 45% useless in those characters.

now if only nexon actually listened to their customers.

characters i find problems with so far:
    thunder breaker
    beast tamer
    kanna
    hayato
    demon slayer
    demon avenger
    angelic buster
    kaiser
    zero
    aran
  • OmgitsatreeOmgitsatree
    edited January 2021
    add Dawn warrior to that list, their main single target attack is basically not usable to boss with because its too laggy and cant play out the full combo, works fine on keyboard though. As someone who has came back to maple story on and off and has always used a controller since ive played this game probably going back years and years, its really unfortunate that this is a problem and hasn't been fixed. The experience when you start to play again and create a pathfinder to find you cant double jump and used your burning character. Then you have to wait a day to delete it, then create a thunder breaker then to find out I cant combo so move onto the next character and put the resources into farming a dawn warrior, then realize you cant really boss with the single target on controller, its demotivating for sure. Trying to get used to playing on keyboard for maplestory has just been a real struggle for me, I find it less enjoyable/harder especially getting used to maplestory's keyboard layout which I'm not a fan.
    AntTeg
  • PsxsasukePsxsasuke
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2021
    I dont think nexon its going to
  • ElfDriver346ElfDriver346
    Reactions: 700
    edited January 2021
    im so glad im not the only one having this issue ever since awake ya im having issues with my controller as well and i too use the logitec f310 and alternate between that and a new favorite ive been trying out from amazon called the gc103 and its been working like a dream untill this patch happened as well i really hope they fix it soon
  • psychofingerspsychofingers
    edited February 2021
    Hi everyone,

Thank you all for chiming in, wasn't expecting much replies to this topic hence i did not open this thread for some time.

Yes, i do agree pathfinder's jump is a big issue on controllers. Had no choice but to play with him via a keyboard. Also, i've noticed that most characters with skills that can be "toggled" usually results in some issue. Thus far i've only used logitech controllers, no 3rd party software (steam) just simple plug and play.

@Psxsasuke, read your reply about nexon's feedback and im pretty disappointed. Really i wish they would fix this spaghetti code. It was fine before and really dont understand why they wouldn't fix it
  • AntTegAntTeg
    edited March 2021
    I HAVE AN ANNOCEMENT!!

i think i may have found a fix for us Logitech joypad users for some, if not, most of our input lag.

we need to download the logitech gamepad profiler software for our controllers. it shouldnt be considered a 3rd party program since it is the program that used to come with our controllers back when cd software was still a thing so in theory it should not get us banned. so far it has fixed all of my found problems using the controller with maple with demons gliding and the TB linking combos.

just google logitech gamepad profiler software and download it from the logitech support website.