[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Special Free Daily Totem

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,455
edited January 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
A special totem that refreshes its duration upon daily reset that you always have. The totem can be used for 3600 seconds (60 minutes) of active time with 100% increased spawn and 100% increased spawn rate.

This will help the semi-casual and non-kanna farmer accounts progress in the game that have limited time to play and being daily allows people the be active with the game and play more. More people that play the game, more money Nexon can make, and gives something for the players to increase game enjoyability.

Comments

• VesicaVesica
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2021
    thats better then a frenzy totem. not gonna happen
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2021
    Stacona wrote: »
    A special totem that refreshes its duration upon daily reset that you always have. The totem can be used for 3600 seconds (60 minutes) of active time with 100% increased spawn and 100% increased spawn rate.

This will help the semi-casual and non-kanna farmer accounts progress in the game that have limited time to play and being daily allows people the be active with the game and play more. More people that play the game, more money Nexon can make, and gives something for the players to increase game enjoyability.

Maybe I'm wrong and don't know how Nexon makes money, but how does "More people that play the game, more money Nexon can make" work? My understanding was that the only money that comes from Maplestory is when players spend real money from cash items. Having free-to-play players play more daily doesn't make more money for Nexon, it just makes numbers look better. Being a complete f2p player, I know that me spending extra time on the game doesn't make any more money for Nexon than if I wasn't playing at all.