[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

God awful change they did with H Ranmaru

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited January 2021 in General Chat
Do they just have 2 brain cells to share between all devs? Why on god's green earth would you limit entry channel to only one (ch2) for a boss that can't be entered when another expedition is already in there?????? No matter how many times you queue up, you end up in ch2. Even if you walk all the way to the entrance on different channel, it auto moves you to ch2. Why the actual f would you make people wait in line to do the damn daily boss??

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2021
    ? I had no issues entering Hard Ranmaru in another channel.
    ch30.png
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2021
    Not having this issue at all, can enter madman Ranmaru from another ch by walking.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited January 2021
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    ? I had no issues entering Hard Ranmaru in another channel.
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Not having this issue at all, can enter madman Ranmaru from another ch by walking.

After entering H Ranmaru entrance in another channel, try going out. I always end up in ch2.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2021
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    After entering H Ranmaru entrance in another channel, try going out. I always end up in ch2.

Leaving without fighting Ranmaru, you mean? Because I just tested myself and beat Hard Ranmaru, stayed in channel 3 the entire time.
  • RexaarRexaar
    edited January 2021
    I went in the entrance at ch 5 and walked out, still at ch 5.
    I went in the entrance at ch 5 and walked into the secret alter, still at ch 5, robbed ranmaru and went out, still at ch 5.

On another character, I used the boss queue, arrived at ch 2 and walked out, changed channel to ch 5, went into the entrance and walked out, still at ch 5, walked back in and defeated Ranarmu and went out, still at ch 5.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited January 2021
    Neospector wrote: »
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

Leaving without fighting Ranmaru, you mean? Because I just tested myself and beat Hard Ranmaru, stayed in channel 3 the entire time.

Whether you beat Ranmaru, or leave Ranmaru entrace without beating him, I always, ALWAYS, without fail, end up in ch2. No matter how many times I queue, I end up in ch2. Even if I walk there in different channel, when I leave the entrance after portal telling me that there's another expedition already in it, I end up in ch2. I try everything to go to different channel where there's no another expedition, but I always end up in the same entrance with another expedition already doing it. I end up having to come back later to do the boss.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited January 2021
    I went in the entrance at ch 5 and walked out, still at ch 5.
    I went in the entrance at ch 5 and walked into the secret alter, still at ch 5, robbed ranmaru and went out, still at ch 5.

On another character, I used the boss queue, arrived at ch 2 and walked out, changed channel to ch 5, went into the entrance and walked out, still at ch 5, walked back in and defeated Ranarmu and went out, still at ch 5.

When you leave the Ranmaru entrance without beating him, do you end up in right outside the entrace located in El Nath mine, or do you end up in the map where you queued in from? I used to come out in a map right outside of Ranmaru entrance, but after they did patch for Mitsuhide, I end up in the map I queued from and I always get into ch2 entrance no matter what.
  • RexaarRexaar
    edited January 2021
    I never use boss queue for Ranmaru ever, so I always end up at Dead mine 3 in the current ch if I leave the altar entrance due to it being full.

You should stop using boss queue just for Ranmaru because it always take you to ch 2 (for many years, hasn't changed).

When it time to kill Ranmaru for your dailies, go to Henesys (using mushroom shrine teleport) or Leafre (return scroll after exiting horntail if you walk to horntail) and select quick move, then select the icon with the people pyramid (an area optimized for party play is available for entry), then select dead mine to arrive at dead mine 1 and then walk to Ranmaru entrance at dead mine 3.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited January 2021
    I never use boss queue for Ranmaru ever, so I always end up at Dead mine 3 in the current ch if I leave the altar entrance due to it being full.

You should stop using boss queue just for Ranmaru because it always take you to ch 2 (for many years, hasn't changed).

When it time to kill Ranmaru for your dailies, go to Henesys (using mushroom shrine teleport) or Leafre (return scroll after exiting horntail if you walk to horntail) and select quick move, then select the icon with the people pyramid (an area optimized for party play is available for entry), then select dead mine to arrive at dead mine 1 and then walk to Ranmaru entrance at dead mine 3.

I do walk there when the queues entrance have someone already in it. I still end up in ch2 when I enter and there is still someone in there.
  • RexaarRexaar
    edited January 2021
    Don't use Ranmaru queue for the next few days, and see if it still happens, hopefully Sanada Yukimura will stop moving you to ch 2.
    (make sure you are not using boss queue at dead mine 3 and is actually talking to Sanada Yukimura to get into Ranmaru entrance)