[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Prerequisite quest for the afterlands

AlphaZenAlphaZen
Reactions: 200
edited December 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
So when I used the dimensional mirror and clicked on the afterlands, it said that I have to do the prerequisite quest first. What’s the quest and how do I do it? I don’t really understand it.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    There should be a quest under the lightbulb icon on the left-hand side of your screen titled "[Afterlands] A Cry for Help"

You'll watch a brief cutscene where your character dies while helping an old man (for example, saving him from a ribbon pig, or getting his dog out of the Balrog's cave), and then be sent to the Afterlands to start the questline properly.
    AlphaZen
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited January 2018
    Can you confirm that the "[Afterlands"] can be completed 100% without any broken quest-line?
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited January 2021
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    Can you confirm that the "[Afterlands"] can be completed 100% without any broken quest-line?

I tried to follow the guide at https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/24371/afterlands-guide-the-fast-way - and I blew it!! I forgot to pay attention to day/night and sun/rain/thunder. My bad. This means that I cannot say whether it works or not, although I did finish; it probably just took far too long.

However, I have just followed another, which claims to be the quickest. Since the author has run 40 characters through it, I can believe that he has refined it for speed F2

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/8fgfty/afterlands_guide_fastest_way_possible_no_bugs/ definitely works, 100%

BUT, two caveats.

1) follow it exactly. If he says talk to someone, do it. Some NPOCs do not have a light bulb above their head when they have a quest, so it is important to do as he said.

2) he has cut it for brevity. If finishing quest A leads straight on to quest B, with no chance for deviation, which leads straight on to quest C, then the guide just says "finish A and accept C". I was surprised wen B appeared & wondered if I had missed something, or done something wrongly. No, and, in any case, you are railroaded, with no choice. A leads to B leads to C.

I got interrupted, but will come back and post my time for a complete run.

Also, although the map shows all monsters in level 70-80, they are actually your own level.

Hope this helps.
  • SecretMeSecretMe
    Guys i have a problem with the quest. I need to grow big infront of one og the warriors. But I xant get Any more of those grow big things... What do I do then to fin