[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thunderbolt skill on Thunder Breaker dysfunctional

KezrauxKezraux
Reactions: 1,095
edited February 2021 in Bug Reporting
The skill Thunderbolt on Thunder Breaker cannot be linked properly with the rest of Thunder Breaker's skills since the last patch.

Steps to replicate:
Put Thunderbolt and another skill (most commonly Annihilate) on two hotkeys and press them both at the same time repetitively. Annihilate is supposed to cast a short moment after the anchor in Thunderbolt hits the ground, but it takes almost twice as long now.
jonbovibloodLuna

Comments

• stupid_dumbostupid_dumbo
    Reactions: 110
    (Upvote)
    jonbovi
  • ChristougherChristougher
    Reactions: 420
    The change apparently was intended, but it destroys the fluidity of Thunder Breaker's play style. Comboing Thunderbolt with Tidal Crash is also delayed, and the new update where tidal crash stops makes the class feel even more choppy. Using it mid flash-jump can't be used like before either. The play style was so fast before and the change made feels like the class is ruined in my opinion. I'm hoping they revert back to how it was before the latest patch...
    jonbovi
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited February 2021
    Christougher is correct, we've confirmed with the team that the increased delay for Thunderbolt is intended.
    However, we're well aware of the sentiment towards this change and understood how much it affects smooth gameplay for the class.
    We'll be reviewing and relaying the feedback concerning this skill change to the team, thank you.
    ChristougherbloodLuna
  • KezrauxKezraux
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited February 2021
    Thank you. I've put almost two years into my TB and this change ruined all of it in a split second. It has handicapped the class.
    jonboviChristougher
  • TewinabaTewinaba
    Reactions: 220
    edited February 2021
    Sad how we got ninja nerfed like this. Many of us are quitting the class after this "intended" implementation. I'd rather have the old bugs back because it at least made the class more enjoyable to play. This is actually depressing
    jonboviChristougher
  • Magicist_PyjamasMagicist_Pyjamas
    Reactions: 810
    edited February 2021
    I agree with the new nerf to Thunderbolt absolutely crippling the class. The change is so overwhelmingly negative that so many of us are actively considering moving to a different class or even using this as an excuse to quit Maple. Not okay!
    jonbovi
  • jonbovijonbovi
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2021
    I totally agree with you guys. I was planning on maining my thunder breaker that hit 220 yesterday. I used up quite some meso and node stones on this character and wanted to start CRA really soon. Although I do not really know to which extent this nerf affects my damage output in bossing scenarios, I am also considering quitting. Mobbing feels so clunky now and the v.218 change to Lightning God Spear Strike made it already worse (however, I can see how that change may have positively affected bossing).
    Feels bad when you invested so much time and effort - and that is me saying with my mere 220 levels, what about those who invested even more than I did.
  • ChristougherChristougher
    Reactions: 420
    edited February 2021
    I'm in the same boat with you all as well. My thunder breaker originally a second main, but enjoyed the game-play of Thunder breaker for a change of pace that I planned on maining. I've been putting countless hours to upgrade gear to be able to get farther in the game with it. Now it almost feels like I wasted all my time. I'm less concerned about the reduction on damage output as a result, I played thunder breaker because of its unique and fast play-style. I hope Ghiblee's feedback gets reviewed and changes can be made. Sad to say, this latest update has caused me to rethink whether I want to continue playing in general.
    jonbovi