[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Coming back after 12 years. Regular or Reboot?

SeaJay9999SeaJay9999
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
So i still have access to my 12 year old account. I have around 500M mesos from merchanting. My question is, is it still worth or should i just start over in Reboot?
Also, i only plan to spend on pets and their loot skills (more for my OCD than actually collecting the mesos). Lastly, is character expansion only purchaseable via NX or it's' available in Mesos too?

Comments

• Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited February 2021
    SeaJay9999 wrote: »
    So i still have access to my 12 year old account. I have around 500M mesos from merchanting. My question is, is it still worth or should i just start over in Reboot?
    Also, i only plan to spend on pets and their loot skills (more for my OCD than actually collecting the mesos). Lastly, is character expansion only purchaseable via NX or it's' available in Mesos too?

Primary way of expanding character slot in regular server is through, but they always release them on event coin shops. Right now, they have 3 character expansion coupons on full moon party coin shop and previous coin shop had 5. They also have them as daily gifts. If you want to expand character slot to max immediately, you have to spend nx, but you can expand them for free if you take things a bit slow.
    As for Reboot vs Regular, I would recommend regular. 500M meso should be more than enough to get you decent starting gears, and regular servers f2p has gotten much better. Building legion is also much less of hassle for regular server since you can trade gear between characters. But if you don't mind grinding like hell, then Reboot is also good option.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2021
    Hmm, my two cents.

500m is almost nothing right now in terms of gear, in my opinion. You would be better off saving that for Arcane Force or Star Force for later in the game.
    If the 500m is your uncertainty between regular and Reboot server, I'd go Reboot (never played there myself, but what I'm trying to say is 500m is basically chump change). (For reference, and my info could be a bit dated, but if you run Commerci for about a week, you have enough for a SW Tattoo/SW Monocle, which you can sell for ~500m clean, so in a week, you can make what you have currently, at least in regular server.)

The one other option to increase character slots I think is through the Rewards Points shop, which you can get points to spend from either Monster Collection and defeating bosses.
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited February 2021
    reboot is extremely hard, and you would have to spend real money there since u cant trade anything... and all equip there dont have scrolling so charaters can be extremely weak untill you farm enough highlevel bosses for better equip.
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Hmm, my two cents.

500m is almost nothing right now in terms of gear, in my opinion.
    hmmm 500m can get you great fafnir sets especilly if that players only returning after 12 years of not playing... back in the fafnir was superexpensive but now its cheap and also still one of the best equips until players can get arcane

• iNatiNat
    Reactions: 1,480
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2021
    500m is not much.... I would go on reboot